(Topic ID: 100770)

Anyone drive for fake picture ad on craigslist?

By gameon46

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pincushion
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

The gameFound a nice Gorgar on craigslist last night. Guy stated game was in great condition. And all it needed was the interconnector worked on. The pictures showed a beautiful game in a home setting with detailed pictures of the condition. Game was priced $999.00 needing boardwork. After emailing the seller and offering $500 for the game he emails back he will accept the offer.
    [email protected]
    I was excited to get a really nice Gorgar for $500. Even though it needed boardwork. I got the new Rottendog boards ready to install that I bought from a show. I'm ready to have a awesome Gorgar for around $800.
    When I show up at the nice house. I see the garage door open. And what looks like a game on the floor. That can't be the game I came to buy. Well the guy walks me over to that game and my heart drops. That's Gorgar! And it looks nothing like the description and pictures. This game doesnt have the new rubber the pictures showed with a awesome cabinet. This game looks like it came out of a damp warehouse that had been sitting for 20 years. Lol
    To top it off. The guy says the game is in great condition and has been rebuilt twice since he has owned it. He see's the way Im looking at it and says he's not taking less then $500. That I was getting a great deal for $500. That this game sells for $5,000. Lol.
    I didn't want to get in a fight over the game in his garage. So I kept my mouth shut and said that you, this is just not the game I'm looking for.
    Anyone have someone post a ad with fake pictures and tell you the game is in great condition only to find a peice of junk?

Never happened to me. I'm wondering if this is more common with bargain hunters, I would imagine so.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

When you say more commen with bargain hunters, I hope your not implying when you shop for games you state your willing to pay extra? Lol I thought all pinball guy want a good deal? I'm trying to understand your post? And I'm having a hard time with it. Should I offer what they list it for? And maybe they will run to the machine and clean it up real nice for me? Or are you just implying that I'm cheap? Just not sure?
    Like I said. The most a Gorgar will sell for is $1500. And it better be in awesome condition with all the upgrades too!!!
    You know I TZ, WH2O, TAF, STNG, and a lot more B titles too. Because I like old early solid state games doesn't make me anyless of pinball collector then anyone else.
    I don't have to have all deep rule games to have fun. I just brung home a Firepower two weeks ago to ad to my collection and love the game.

I'm not saying that in a negative manner. I only bought 6 machines so far, only 1 was overpriced (my first machine). What I'm saying is I never was in a situation where I felt I got a great deal. I paid the fair price the seller and I were happy with. I'm guessing those situations where you are driving to pickup the machine excited just because of the price you may run into situations where it's BS. Maybe I'm wrong, I was sort of thinking out loud.

#46 9 years ago

I should have said I was never in a situation where I offered half of the asking price, on top of it the seller accepted. Does that ever happen and actually work out?

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from gameon46:

All the time hardware! Most games are way over priced anyway. So why pay a bunch for a game that's dirty as hell and needs rebuilt. That means way over priced.
    You should try to get the better end of deal. Your the buyer with the cash!!! Lol

Darn! Maybe my collection could be doubled right now. lol OK. I will try my best and report back. Although I know Rick won't take $4,000 for MMR LE so I'll have to wait a bit before I give this avenue a shot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-drive-for-fake-picture-ad-on-craigslist?tu=hardware and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.