(Topic ID: 304225)

Anyone doing 6 hours of the Beatles Thanksgiving?

By phil-lee

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic poll

“Anyone doing 6 hours of the Beatles Thanksgiving?”

• Yes I will watch it 9 votes
    47%
  • No, the Beatles are not a favorite 6 votes
    32%
  • Maybe, if I don't have to sign up for DisneyPlus 4 votes
    21%

(19 votes)

#1 2 years ago

So The Beatles Get Back Documentary is a go on Disney Plus on November 25, 26 and 27.
Will you watch it?
From what I've seen on the Trailers it looks great. Been waiting 50 years to see this.
Any Fans still among the living?

#2 2 years ago

Don't care much aboot the Beatles but ill give it a shot for Peter Jackson.

#3 2 years ago

Evidently not a lot of interest in this among the Pinside crowd. Not surprised, most Beatles Fans are pretty old now.
Still glad I lived long enough to finally see it.
They couldn't have picked anyone better to Direct it, Peter Jackson is great.

#4 2 years ago

The Beatles aren't going anywhere and neither is the 8000th documentary about them. I'll watch it one day.

Probably not this Thanksgiving.

#5 2 years ago

I'll check it out. It will be neat to see the relationships and watch them work. Hopefully there's a fight about Yoko.

#6 2 years ago

Looks awesome, can't wait to watch it.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

So The Beatles Get Back Documentary is a go on Disney Plus on November 25, 26 and 27.
Will you watch it?
From what I've seen on the Trailers it looks great. Been waiting 50 years to see this.

My dad was somewhat of a guitar nazi to me and my brothers growing up, basically made us all learn how to play every beatles song. As a teen it was annoying now on holiday get togethers it always turns into a "pass that guitar over here!" jam session. So I guarantee we will be playing beatles songs on Thanksgiving but probably will skip the documentary.

#8 2 years ago

Love the Beatles, but lets be honest. Thanksgiving belongs to Arlo Guthrie!

#9 2 years ago

I'm excited for it. I'll watch it over three nights later that weekend.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Will you watch it?

Hell yes I am I can't wait!

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Not surprised, most Beatles Fans are pretty old now.

There are a few old codgers hanging around here. I'm a big Beatles fan, but I think I have seen just about everything about them. Ringo sold his drum kit and moved to the states. Paul keeps cranking out something new every once in awhile.

When I was young I read anything I could get my hands on about their lives. Now, 2 of them are dead and the other 2 are doing their thing. I'll enjoy their music and call it a day.

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from TomT:

Hell yes I am I can't wait!

As I understand it there were secret microphones everywhere, even the phones during recording sessions. Peter Jackson retrieved the audio and included it in the video after enhancement. Resulted in clear conversations and audible whispers among the Band.
This and the enhanced quality of the film, as well as the complete rooftop concert really makes this a must watch for me.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Love the Beatles, but lets be honest. Thanksgiving belongs to Arlo Guthrie!

So there are still some hippies left who remember ,I had a friend who insisted on hearing this in full every year.

#14 2 years ago

Cant wait to see the Beatles but most likely I will watch Planes Trains and Automobiles,its a tradition in my family.Although I think I enjoy it more than the rest of my family.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Cant wait to see the Beatles but most likely I will watch Planes Trains and Automobiles,its a tradition in my family.Although I think I enjoy it more than the rest of my family.

Those aren't pillows!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-doing-6-hours-of-the-beatles-thanksgiving and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.