Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by tmontana
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I'm SELLING a pin on Mr. Pinball and was contacted by him. He wants to send me a business check and have NAVL pick it up. He is willing to wait 15 business days for the check to clear. He asked for pictures of the game but didn't really ask any questions about the game. He says he is buying the game for a client who is buying a large lot of games from him, so I guess I understand why I didn't get a lot of questions about it. I called the number on the website and spoke with him and it all seems legit, I'm just a bit nervous.

Anyone know or had dealings with him. Is there anything I can do other than the 15 day wait to protect myself?

#2 10 years ago

I'd wait 30 days on the check, as I have had them bounce 22 days out. Business checks bounce the same way as a personal check.

Don't let him rush you, or have NAVL show up early as some "mixup".

#3 10 years ago

He bought a game from me last year and paid with PayPal. No problem with the transaction.

ScottinSGFNY

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'd wait 30 days on the check, as I have had them bounce 22 days out. Business checks bounce the same way as a personal check.
    Don't let him rush you, or have NAVL show up early as some "mixup".

It bounced 22 days after you handed it to your bank? Was it international? If not, I'd have fired that bank...this day and age, that should never take that long...

#5 10 years ago

If it were me I would personally feel comfortable with the transaction. Herb has been in business a long time and has a good reputation.
    Alex

#6 10 years ago

Worried, ask your question over on RGP or at least search his name there. He's been a member the the community for quite some time now.

#7 10 years ago

Thanks for all the replies and PM's, I feel a lot more at ease now. Going to do the paypal route.

#8 10 years ago

Herb is the man! When I lived in San Diego I bought several games from him. He was always a top notch guy. When I sold him a game later he paid me by check and immediately gave me directions near his store as to where I could cash it.

#9 10 years ago

He's a 'Big Dick'.

#10 10 years ago

Had to overcome my surprise that someone didn't know who Herb was, and remember where I was reading this post...

#11 10 years ago

Herb is a well known person and has a business with good reputation.

5 months later
    #12 10 years ago

herb silvers is the biggest crook in pinball, he may have satisfied some who he has bought from, but he will steal from you any chance you will give him, he has from me and other of my pinball buddies. Beware!!!!

#13 10 years ago

Herb has been in the pinball business for a very long time.
    I would not hesitate doing business with him, and have done so
    in the past with no problems.
    Steve

#14 10 years ago

Ask your bank about the best way to ensure you're not at risk.
    (Ie: time for funds to clear)

#15 10 years ago

I guess since this got resurrected I should say that the deal went without a hitch and I would deal with him again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-dealt-with-fabulous-fantasies-fabfancom-herb-silvers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.