• Latest reply 5 years ago by jorge5240
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

BAF1405C-5482-4637-B1EB-86E02E5E6230 (resized).jpeg
0AF9264D-4933-4C1E-961C-66E1799486E0 (resized).png
IMG_0273 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I'm going to get my daughter a dance game this June and there's 2 options and trying to figure out which one to get

1 - DDR Dance Dance Revoution by Konami
2 - Andamiro - Pump It up

DDR has arrows up and down, and left and right, which I heard is how dancers like to place their feet and it's more natural.

Pump it up has arrows in all the corners, top left, top right, bottom left, and bottom right. I've also read that this is a natural stance for dancers, but I have no idea which is better and who to believe on the dance forums.

Any input on which is better would be great - Thx.

#2 7 years ago

Plus I heard the music is better on DDR

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

DDR is by far the better game. Better music, better arrow maps, and a better range of skill level accommodations. DDR has good arrow maps for beginners, and then there are maps that are basically as difficult as you could ever want. I used to be able to play most songs on expert and when I went to the arcade I would still inevitably get crushed by someone way better than me.

so the people on the DDR forums saying that Pump it up arrows are more natural feeling aren't correct? It looks like DDR is more natural to play. Thanks for your input.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

How much are DDR machines these days? Where does one even find ?

I was going to buy a HUO for 3k Pump It Up NX, but it had some issues and had a CRT which makes it 70 lbs heavier.

So I'm going to buy one through M&P amusements. The shipping sucks at $650 and the unit is $3600.

However, they put in a LCD, repaint and put on new graphics, rebuild the floor pads plus 90 day warranty. Yes I'm probably spending $1 k more than I should, but peace of mind knowing it's solid is worth it today, especially when techs are $80/hr. Add to that if sensor parts start going bad on the floor pad or anything else, it can add up pretty quickly.

My daughter only likes WW and MM, which I sold and doesn't play the 20 games I have. She always loved DDR so I figured instead of getting another pinball for me and my wife that it's her turn.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

The pump it up arrows MIGHT be more natural if you dance facing exactly one direction all the time. In DDR you rotate your lower body often to get the most advantageous position. You're rarely parallel to the screen so it has never felt uncomfortable. Basically, you'll be moving your whole body a lot, which to me feels a lot more like dancing.

Thank you......I'm getting the DDR....thanks for your time and input!!!!!!

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I managed a Putt Putt and played the hell out of a Pump It Up there. A few years ago I got a Pump It Up for my arcade room and freaking loved it.
I had to sell it to generate funds for a home project and now want to buy one again.
I don't think I've ever played on a DDR so maybe I don't know what I'm missing but I had a blast on my PIU.

I believe the one gentleman said that it's a more natural of a dance instead of being diagonal while dancing and you get more lower body movement than you would on a PIU

The PIU machines actually sell for $1,000 less, although they look better, the more popular ones wanted and being sold are DDR per M&P Amusements.

They are selling the DDR's to gyms and schools and it's the number 1 machine wanted

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 3pinballs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-ddr-or-pump-it-up-1?tu=3pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.