2024-04-15 19.35.53 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240416_153616 (resized).jpg
20240416_153439 (resized).jpg
20240416_153546 (resized).jpg
20240416_132545 (resized).jpg
20240416_132252 (resized).jpg
IMG_5500 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vulture.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The new HighOnFire isn't released yet so I came home with these two!. Breaking down a PartyZone to start shopping it out and whooping tunes! Going to see Earthless in October! Stoked fo sho
[quoted image]

Both bands kick so much ass. I'm hoping to see Earthless again when they roll through, it's been a few years and man do those three guys put out great sound. I have the Orange Goblin album, need to get the Earthless one too

2 years later
#6598 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Here's a good example...
Fu Manchu, Godzilla's Eatin Dust.
Original Mans Ruin press lower left.
Yellow swirl press lower right.
10 inch 3 lp version, color.
And two new copies up top, why two!? Why not.
Plus I've got 5 more copies of other versions at my other residence.
Stupid collector logic right?
And yes its a kick ass album.
[quoted image]

Nice! I have all of these as well. Lots and lots of Fu Manchu, can't get enough.

1 month later
#6834 2 years ago

My favorite RSD pickups were The Sword (fantastic embossed sleeve), Electric Wizard, and the two Sabbath picture discs. Probably enjoying this one the most so far, though...very cool.

R-19044850-1623024104-1733.jpeg (resized).jpgR-19044850-1623024104-1733.jpeg (resized).jpg
9 months later
#7716 2 years ago

My favorite Clutch album!

2 months later
#8081 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

Really excited to finally find this one. Fairly obscure band and was lucky to find this copy on eBay for a great price. The disc is misprinted with the same side 2 label on both sides, but at least it is pressed correctly. This album has one of my favorite covers ever in David Bowie's Moonage Daydream. I always wanted to cover this song in my band back in the day but could never get my bandmates to go for it. This cover is pretty much how I envisioned our version would be. I am glad somebody got around to it
[quoted image]

Very cool, man! I bought this new on CD back in the day and still have it, but have never looked for the LP. It's worth getting, I'm going to search around

2 months later
#8580 1 year ago

Killer, guys! I have the Planet of the Apes poster from the Justice League show as well. Been a huge Fu fan since the 90s, have every release.

#8608 1 year ago

My favorite from down under.
Cosmic Psychos - "Custom Credit"

#8609 1 year ago

And a couple newer Aussie favorites:

Civic - "New Vietnam"

Amyl & The Sniffers - "Starfire 500"

2 weeks later
#8774 1 year ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

One of my favorite frontmen died at age 55 a few days ago.
RIP Dave Sherman.
[quoted image]

RIP Dave. I have always loved his work in Spirit Caravan and Earthride. Saw him play once with Spirit Caravan back in the day. He will be missed.

#8786 1 year ago

Had a great unexpected find today, best one of the year for me. This is one of the rare occasions I will use the term "holy grail"

plugz (resized).jpgplugz (resized).jpg
#8788 1 year ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

These records were just repressed after being out of production for the last 30 years.
Just happy to finally have them.
-Paul

Really cool, man. Horton Heat is a reverend I will follow Smoke em if you got em!

2 weeks later
#8932 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Definition of insanity...
[quoted image]

Seems perfectly sane to me

4 months later
#10399 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

I can show you Crazy with my collection of Fu Manchu, The Action is Go album... I went overboard with that one...

Same here except for me it's "In Search Of..." which IMHO is one of the greatest albums of all time. Discogs says I have eight of them including my OG 1996 Mammoth copy. You and I would probably like comparing notes

in_search_of (resized).jpgin_search_of (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#10598 1 year ago

Hey gonzo, thanks for the Steppenwolf 7 recommendation the other day. I hadn't heard that album before, listened to it online and dug it, then happened to come across a nice NM Pitman copy that is now mine

1 month later
#11007 11 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

RIP Frank Kozik- awesome graphic artist & founder of Man's Ruin Records
[quoted image]

Absolutely. One of the best labels, ever. I still have my Man's Ruin 10" records from back in the day.

1 month later
#11162 10 months ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

SLAYER, Decade of Aggression Live. 1991, 2LP.
Brand new pressing.
Simply one of my favorite live albums.
I bought it on CD the day it came out, my friend was a big Slayer fan... but I only liked a couple songs at the time... but I took a chance and was absolutely floored by the performance.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yeah! SLAYER!!! I got this on CD around '92 but never on vinyl. Absolutely fantastic live album. Man... the way they started the shows on this tour was just freakin' perfect.

3 months later
#11561 6 months ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Sometimes the rock gods smile upon thee and you find a $17 Ludwig II

Holy shit dude! I'm still waiting for that moment Congrats!

6 months later
#13024 2 days ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Fu Manchu, Go For It Live, 2 LP, Gatefold.
New 20th anniversary Repress

Thanks for the heads up on this. I have the original LP from back in the day (will have to be pried from my cold dead fingers ) but I think I will grab this new color repress too!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vulture.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=vulture and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.