IMG_20240423_183930.jpg
IMG_20240423_183443.jpg
IMG_20240423_171908.jpg
IMG_20240423_172259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_171028__01 (resized).jpg
20240423_073739 (resized).jpg
IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider three60in.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 7 years ago

Hey guys I actually own an run one of the largest record stores in the Chicagoland area. We have been in business 43 years and I have been at the helm for over a decade now. We have over 500,000 LPs 45, 78,s we also recondition and sell stereo equipment. We also sell pinballs. Weird right? Heres our website. ToadHallonline.com pinsiders always get discounts.

Aside from my shameless plug I will happily answer any questions you guys might have. It's what I do for a living so Ive just about seen it all.

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Thinking about picking up one of these. I like that the Sansui comes with speakers. Do I need a preamp?

You shouldn't need a pre amp. That reciever will have a phono setting for input. That's what you run your turntable into. Also I'd take that Sansui over the Marantz although both are good pieces. Before buying speakers check the foam surrounds on the woofers. Make sure the tweeters all work. Either Reciever will probably have crackle in the knobs when you buy it. There's a fix for that. Get online and buy a can of "deoxit" take it apart and spray the pots. Work them back and forth like 50x and it should work great . Also a fantastic fix for early solid state pins that have the same thing for volume control.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Great info, thanks! Gonna see if I can get the Sansui receiver and speakers today.
Nice looking store! What's the discount for Pinsiders who order from you?

Any used Vinyl. I can give you 20% off. Our website doesn't have a formal code enter. But just type"pinside" into the comments or notes area and I will take it off. We always have a flat $5 shipping. If your looking for anything specific. Remember that our website only has aprx. 2000 LPS on it. Our store has 500000. So just cause it's not on our site doesn't mean we don't have it. You can PM me a list or call or email. We can get you set up.

I've definitely had those speakers before. I believe they have a giant woofer. like a 15". They sounded pretty good. $200 is a deal if everything works. I usually get that for just the speakers. And another $200 or $300 for the amp. But stuff is hard to get in my area.

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I'll take you up on that!
Picked up my Sansui speakers snd receiver tonight. Sounded great in the guys house but sounded like garbage when I got it home. Pretty sure it's the speaker wire. Going to work on the fine tuning tomorrow.

What's it sound like? Could be wire or RCA cables. Also make sure you have the table plugged into phono. And not auxiliary or tape. That will do it too. If it has a hmmmm or buzzz. It is a ground wire issup from the table. Start by tuning the reciever to the radio. That way you can eliminate the speakers, wires and amp. Then try the table.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Furutech makes a record flattener for about $2500...I can't imagine why it costs so damn much. Best situation is to know someone who already has one and get in line...I think it takes about 4 hours per.

If anyone needs LPS flattened I have a Furutech. I typically charge $5 per. But pinside discounts apply. How about 6 for $20. if I can't straighten I don't charge. It does an incredible job. But certain warps can't be fixed. Like extreme heat damage. But the typical warp caused by sitting sideways in a box for 20 years is easily fixable. Also there are lots of different types of vinyl. Anything from the 90s forward is easily fixable because they have used a higher grade of vinyl pellet.

Also it does take 4 hrs per lp. 2 to heat and 2 to cool. Why does it cost so much?..why is batman 66 10k... GREED ( insert Adams family game sound)

Quoted from dookski:

New one tonight thanks to three60in at toadhallonline.com. It put my baby to sleep, so it's worth its weight in gold.

Glad it's got a great new home! Nothing like that instant discount. Haha.

1474507699911-983741763 (resized).jpg1474507699911-983741763 (resized).jpg

4 months later
#307 7 years ago

Hey guys. Sorry ive been MIA. A few of you have pmed me with questons relating to vinyl or turntables.

My day job is running a vinyl record store and we are an authorized project and sota turntable dealer. We have our own vinyl cleaning solution. We sell tons of half speed vinyl. Including the full mofi line. We also repair vintage audio equipment.

Feel free to pm me about any questions you have. Id be happy to help you out.

Pinside discount always.

5 years later
#7766 2 years ago

My local news station just did a segment on my shop for Record Store Day. Which is this Saturday. I was also able to show off a few Pins we have in store too!

3 months later
#8541 1 year ago

Just spent 4 days in new orleans for Record Store Day couch camp. Which is a conference for indie record stores. Man vinyl and all physical media is in good hands. Futures bright. Just like pinball.

Me and Paul myers who does the RSD podcast. Loads of good stuff coming. While tackling the current issues us indie retail all face.

Remember to support your local indie record store they work their asses off.
20220810_211053 (resized).jpg20220810_211053 (resized).jpg20220811_092019 (resized).jpg20220811_092019 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider three60in.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=three60in and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.