IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0191 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0186 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
20240421_190833 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#118 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The first album I got was in 1973: Deep Purple- Made in Japan. It still sounds great after all these years.

My favourite Deep Purple album. Saw them a couple years ago sans Blackmore. Still great

#119 7 years ago

This is a timely thread corresponding to my recent revival in interest for my vintage stereo gear. All of my equipment has been around since the 80's and still sounds fantastic. What was that? Bose Sound Dock? Sorry couldn't hear it, my Cerwins were cranked

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#202 7 years ago
Quoted from selektor6:

Appetite cover done by Robert Williams. Definately my favorite artists. Proudly low brow art, and I think he started juxtaposition art magazine.
http://www.robtwilliamsstudio.com
I have the same record mint.

I remember that Robert Williams artwork was featured in Heavy Metal magazine in March 1983, (I think I still have it somewhere), and the title was indeed "Appetite for Destruction". Now we know where GnR got the idea for the title of their first album

1 year later
#1712 6 years ago

The Man in Black is spinning tonight.

1 week later
#1809 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Turned 62 today. Had to find the right bday tune

Happy Birthday! I turned 52 yesterday. This was my choice.

#1812 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Great album, love the phone too! Western Electric 500DM?

Thanks! The only info embossed on the phone, (which actually works), is Northern Telecom 1970. Prolly Canada's version of the Western Electric.

1 week later
#1882 6 years ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

Happy to have my vinyl listening room complete
Inspired, in part, by the good dudes of Pinside

Sweet set up. I bought the Okki Nokki a year or so ago. Worthy investment for getting your old vinyl back to sounding great.

#1898 6 years ago

I always knew it was snake skin, but only recently realized it was a wallet.

2 weeks later
#2028 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Americans got a much more conservative cover ......

Wow I wasn't aware of this artwork version of Lovedrive. In Canada we got the original art on the sleeve.

#2031 6 years ago

Hey Vid that's odd I've never seen the first Virgin Killer sleeve. We had the second one in Canada as well! I gotta admit though that first one is pretty graphic so prolly why Canada didn't allow it either.

1 week later
#2126 6 years ago

Good Morning!!

EA3121F2-9DCC-4E92-BB05-82F7321523DC (resized).jpegEA3121F2-9DCC-4E92-BB05-82F7321523DC (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#2265 6 years ago

Just felt like a little Pain and Pleasure for some reason. Must've been O-din's Priest thread

2 months later
#2520 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Record cleaner is a must. All new vinyl gets a pass or two on this before playing.

It definitely makes a pretty big difference and noticeable improvement when you wet clean your vinyl, even new pressings. I use the Okki Nokki and really like it.
IMG_9542 (resized).jpegIMG_9542 (resized).jpeg

#2524 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Just looked up the Okki Nokki, that thing sounds like DaBomb of cleaners.

It's a pretty basic concept, and kind of expensive, but it gets the job done. Of course if your records have deep scratches or warps it won't fix those issues lol!

1 week later
#2566 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I’m totally obsessed with Fleetwood Mac’s Tusk right now.
Also, another Pinsider recommended this affordable IKEA shelving that is a great storage solution for my album collection.

The Kallax is a great solution for vinyl storage!

#2599 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

What model is your Yamaha, black face, receiver ?
I have a R9 that is not being used

It's the AX500U integrated amplifier. I bought it new sometime in the late 80's. I love the sound quality from this amp, but I will probably replace it someday with an older Yamaha, the CA-800, or CA-1000, both of which I own, but both need restoration.

1 month later
#2861 5 years ago

Yeah it's September I know, but August was hot!

#2863 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I love that Neil Diamond album!

Me too!! I have two favourite Neils. One's American, and one's Canadian. Lotsa great music out there.

#2871 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Love your Jason Edmiston print dude! I have a couple myself. One of my favorite artists

Thank you, and thanks for recognizing it! I love it too, and hope to get more of Jason's work. Would you believe almost nobody has ever mentioned it when I have people over? I mean it's the Bride for god's sake, not the mother in law!

#2904 5 years ago

I will never get tired of this

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2911 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

This group is good. There is the top of a speaker seen in the pic.
Anyone that can name the speaker I'll send a very nice copy of Springsteen's Born to Run album. (:

I'll take a stab. Bose 901

#2912 5 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Who here has decoded the writing on this LP jacket?!
No cheating!! Lol.
I think I still have it written on a paper in mine, but I don't recall off hand.

I once decoded the script on the inner sleeve of Diary of a Madman, so I'll assume it's the same script. I'll have to check it out!

1 week later
#2952 5 years ago

As long as you are cleaning with a good solution they will all give you good results. I landed on this one and I really like it. It wasn't cheap, but it also didn't break the bank like some of the higher end units. Wet cleaning saved a lot of old vinyl in this house!

#2953 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It’s worked great for 45 years and going strong.
[quoted image]

I think we have the same audio stand lol!

#2955 5 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

How does the Okki Nokki work?
Does it have a vacuum?

It works very well. Yes it has a vacuum and a pretty strong suction. By the end of a cleaning session I'm always amazed at the extremely dirty solution that gets dumped down the sink. You should even clean new vinyl they say, and I do.

YouTube has some good Okki Nokki videos if you're interested.

#2981 5 years ago

Gettin' Shattered

#2985 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And a little Torn and Frayed.
[quoted image]

My absolute favourite Stones LP. That and Let it Bleed. Huge fan of this era of their music.

#2989 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Keep a pack around. You don't think about them till you need them.
[quoted image]

I clean all my vinyl eventually and after that I throw away the paper sleeves and replace with the MoFi sleeves. If the inner sleeve is printed with lyrics or artwork I keep it empty in the jacket.

3 weeks later
#3069 5 years ago

Always loved Gerry

2 weeks later
#3104 5 years ago

Friday night tunes! Check out the script on the Stampeders' "Ballsy" album, pretty familiar lol! Released in 1979 at the height of Bally's best era. Probably not a coincidence . And no, those are not 1 1/16" regulation sized pinballs lol.

#3144 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Santana. One of my first and most favorite rock albums.
Borboletta one of the most spiritual and moving.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I love this one too! Got the re-issue last year. It's fun discovering all the hidden people in that painting. I almost don't even see the lion anymore haha

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shock_me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=shock_me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.