IMG_20240423_183930.jpg
IMG_20240423_183443.jpg
IMG_20240423_171908.jpg
IMG_20240423_172259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_171028__01 (resized).jpg
20240423_073739 (resized).jpg
IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanbrooks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3537 5 years ago

If you’re gonna turn a record, might as well have the best phono stage preamp ever built...pure Nelson Pass bliss!

231340C8-A446-47FC-9C33-9370E35C1BFB (resized).jpeg231340C8-A446-47FC-9C33-9370E35C1BFB (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3607 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Ohhh..ohhh.. I needed this!
[quoted image]

How’s it work with the hidden tracks on the LP of Broken? I remember when I was like 13 and got that CD I thought it was weird my CD player showed 99 tracks but the case shows 11 IIRC.

#3609 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

They are the 2 songs on the included 7" I believe.

After you posted that album pic, I dug out that CD and played WISH at 1/2 volume on my “Wall O Sound”. I forgot how awesome Reznor’s music is...I had to play some SuperSexySwingingSounds after that!

#3630 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Amen brother!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I used to be a Mac amp man. I still love them. Great sound. I love working on them. I love the look. I love everything about them. One day, a good friend of mine brought an amp by the shop telling me I had to check it out. Simple looking 42 pound cabinet. No meters or controls. Only one lamp that illuminated the logo of a speaker company called “Epicure”. I ran the amp into a pair of JBL L100s using a lowly Carver C1 preamp...the L100s had never been so alive! To this day, I’ve never found another amp which remotely compares to the Epicure M1. I now own 4 of them. Currently, I’m using a Threshold SL-10 preamp-with no processors or equalizers-into two Epicure amps. One runs a pair of JBL 4430s and the other for Yamaha NS-1000s. At half volume, my shop is so loud it’s unbearable and yet still crystal clear! What’s wild about the Epicure is all the transistors are N-channel and it’s 1 Ohm stable in AB mode. If anyone ever gets a chance, get one. The amp will never cease to amaze you and they usually sell for less than $500.

#3646 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Any thoughts on these? What’s a reasonable offer?
[quoted image]

I was never a Sansui fan-especially when working on them. The G series receivers used germanium diodes IIRC and it was hard to find replacements. Lots of people tend to disagree with me though.

If you want a cool old school receiver that’s under rated and affordable, look for a Stereotech!

3 years later
#7894 1 year ago

Anybody here have White Zombie “Supersexy Swinging Sounds”? And if so, do you want to part with it? I’d trade a project pin or some parts for one. I’d take one and cash for a complete working pin.

Also, Tom Petty “Honeybee”, the Quarrymen (prob takes a complete Sys11 game to get one) or a turquoise lettered Led Zeppelin (I’ve got one, but it’s rough.)

#7897 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Yes I got that rob zombie.... one of the few new vinyl records I bought in the late 90s....
Aparently it's super rare and expensive.
I'll trade it for a great shape Solar Fire. get to work finding one.
Cheers.

Hard to believe a Solar Fire in about any condition is worth more than a $700 record!

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Discogs has you a copy for less than a pin these days.

I see EM pop up all the time for around $700. Seems like I have a warehouse full of $700 project games that I have less than $700 in much like anyone that bought that record new in the 90’s…

#7917 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I'm just reeling that ANY record could be worth $700.

Quoted from vid1900:

Lady Gaga - Chromatica - Milky Clear Vinyl $ 11.57
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lady-Gaga-Chromatica-Vinyl
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I won’t let my kids watch much TV, so they’re getting into vinyl with me. We play pinball and turn records. Go to the record shop and they pick out Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson and Taylor Swift (they’re girls age 8 and 4). Their 3 brand new albums cost more than the dozen or so oldies I got. I’ll have to remember Walmart for the kids music as the girls didn't like the record store (they said it smells bad and the people dressed funny.)

1 year later
#11604 6 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Among the Wildflowers.
[quoted image]

Is that a first pressing of Wildflowers?

4 months later
#12676 58 days ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Sounds fantastic. I want my MTv!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

One of the greatest track line up ever!

#12677 58 days ago
IMG_1362 (resized).jpegIMG_1362 (resized).jpeg
#12704 57 days ago

Anybody have a first press of Tom Petty Wildflowers?

#12706 57 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I still don't. I just play records and hope for the best

Just throwin haymakers…

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanbrooks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=ryanbrooks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.