2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,584 posts
  • 215 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Chisox
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,220 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
15503806372551355485836536301610 (resized).jpg
1550377104077477536174128419730 (resized).jpg
1550375192199-955614162 (resized).jpg
15503722726262314989798023470770 (resized).jpg
B0F99534-572C-413C-8AA8-28FAB37BFB8C (resized).jpeg
15503677386292105242435 (resized).jpg
DF555ACD-A7A2-4380-8BC5-379136042C11 (resized).jpeg
C2D775FD-1D19-4980-9EF5-5F245B0879FA (resized).jpeg
Husker-Du-Warehouse-Songs-And-Stories-1987-2 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
1550284252224-1472510065 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
UFO_-_FORCE_IT_(COLOURED_vinyl_2LP)_1 (resized).jpg
1D83A55C-48B4-448C-9FF8-ED5895602CA5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emkay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1208 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I loved that ride! Now that my daughter is grown, I doubt I'll ever see it again. ):
I picked this similar one up a long time ago...can't remember where. It was great sounds for scaring the kids on halloween!

Oh man, I had that record when I was a young'n. Mom hated it.

#1213 1 year ago

I haven't found the right jukebox yet but I've been buying up 45s to put in one once I do. Would love to have one with a visible transport but that particular feature seems to about double the $$ from what I've seen.

2 weeks later
#1253 1 year ago

I can't be the only one still obsessed with these guys.

JELLYFISH_BELLY+BUTTONSPILT+MILK+-+BLUEGREEN+VINYL-554805 (resized).jpg

#1257 1 year ago

Spilt Milk is incredible. All the genius of Brian Wilson and Queen rolled up and engineered to perfection by JJP and I don't mean that short guy from New Jersey.

Also, I see that upvote and raise you:

maxresdefault[1] (resized).jpg

#1258 1 year ago

(not mine btw, but if i ever find one!)

1 week later
#1317 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Saturday startup.
Quincy accompanied by the Brothers Johnson, Stanley Clarke, Billy Cobham, Bill Withers, Billy Preston and even a little Stevie Wonder.

Damn son, I am right there with you. Would you like to come with me to the land of ladies?

#1329 1 year ago

Nice. I can get stuck on Thinking of a Place for days.

#1337 1 year ago

This just arrived, looking forward to being able to enjoy it properly. I've been entranced by the digital copy.

Musk Ox - Woodfall (resized).jpg

2 months later
#1499 1 year ago

It’s a rainy Sunday in the forest.

4449D59A-68C4-4B3E-A88D-5815673B9B2D (resized).jpeg

#1513 1 year ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

The record store we go to

It’s a bit of a hike from you but have you ever checked out Record Connection in Ephrata? He’s got a ridiculous amount of vinyl, I’ve been picking out 45s for the jukebox I don’t have yet too.

#1515 1 year ago

For anyone close enough to visit.
Definitely worth the trip.
Double Decker Records, Allentown PA
http://www.doubledeckerrecords.com/
E

That is not far off my path to the monthly tournament at Penn Skate, I will have to check it out.

2 weeks later
#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Common "Resurrection" on Vinyl explicit version. $6.30 Choose local pickup for free shipping

Showing OOS already. Bummer, that's such a fantastic album.

#1536 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It's back in stock, still at $6.30

Good lookin' out, was able to snag one.

#1546 1 year ago

That and Lust were so much fun. Army of Lovers too.

2 weeks later
#1595 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Can anyone find an original Joy Division's first album? And no, I'm not a Nazi sympathiser.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/498855?ev=rb

It is, there are two copies of the original 7" version (assuming that's the one desired due to the comment about Nazis) ranging between $3800-$5000. The 12" is far easier to locate and considerably less dear, not to mention all the dubious reprints over the years.

3 weeks later
#1653 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Tool $7.98 today
They were decades ahead of their time with the Opiate thing....

That’ll go nicely with some of my Christmas presents! Took my wife to see APC this year, now she’s obsessed.

F0C85376-5B05-44CB-B17A-FBA0C473D363 (resized).jpeg

#1661 1 year ago
Quoted from doompin:

The receiver weighs nearly 100lbs but Vol 4 is the heaviest thing ever recorded. My well loved original copy.

I love the silver-face Pioneers from the 70's. Currently rocking a much more modest SX-780.

#1683 1 year ago

Happy new year!

A7C47CCF-4A8D-4D71-87B8-1CDFA3B4AF23 (resized).jpeg

#1693 1 year ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Especially the Cryptic Writings album...

Figures, that's my favorite album of theirs. Guess I'll have to wait for a reissue or something.

#1713 1 year ago

No time for pictures but tonight we're spinning Syd. Happy birthday, you crazy diamond!

1 week later
#1752 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Ain't we funk'in now.
Friday funk!

Nice! I still put "Look Out for #1" on regularly... so much fun.

#1778 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

There has been a notable lack of Springsteen. Clarence Clemons was incredible.

I was in Asbury Park the night Clarence passed. I wish I could say I was there for better reasons, but I was taking my wife to see Marina and the Diamonds at the Stone Pony. We did go to Silverball afterwards though!

Picked up the RSD release of Nebraska a couple years back, it will always be my favorite of his.

Bummer about O'Riordan, but she knew the deal. Salvation is free.

#1786 1 year ago

Only seen Al Stewart once but he was enchanting. He was opening for Dave Mason and what was left of Traffic at the Chameleon Club in Lancaster PA around '98, got to meet them all backstage after the show.

#1788 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Know that club well. Lived in Lancaster a few years in the early 80’s when I worked for RCA.

Oh yeah, I know where the old RCA complex was out there on 23/New Holland Ave. Berle now, I think? We inherited some pretty talented engineers from them when I was working at Cardinal Technologies in the early to mid-90's, back when retail electronics were still being manufactured in the US.

#1791 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Oh yeah Cardinal, then you must know John Troutman. He was my supervisor at RCA. I worked with most of those engineers as I was an engineering technician there.

I do indeed remember John. We didn't work directly with each other but his cubicle was only a few over from mine. Small world...

He's one of a few from that team I've lost track of but I still keep in touch with quite a number of ex-Cardinals. It was a fascinating and dynamic place to work, like nothing I've experienced since really. We even kept a keg of Molson Golden in the lunchroom on Fridays...

#1796 1 year ago
Quoted from rolandthoms:

wont resonate with you classic rockers (my default listen also) but I just received this in the mail yesterday. My gift of vinyl to my 16 year old son.
Moby's "play"

I was a big Moby fan in the 90's and saw him live quite a few times. Kinda grew out of his music but here's hoping that album gets your son as much "play" as it did for me back when it came out! lol It was a guaranteed panty-dropper back then, up there with the second Enigma album.

#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Happy Birthday! I turned 52 yesterday. This was my choice.

Great album, love the phone too! Western Electric 500DM?

#1814 1 year ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Thanks! The only info embossed on the phone, (which actually works), is Northern Telecom 1970. Prolly Canada's version of the Western Electric.

Yes, long story with antitrust suits going back to the 40’s but they are essentially the same. I’m working on a similar vintage Nortel this morning, the DMS 250:

B3F647E4-DA7D-4185-BD6B-631E1590DC49 (resized).jpeg

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from lasermel:

I love the "vintage" feel of the equipment from "my" era and have restored a humble Pioneer system that was nice in the 70's

SX-1250? We have a couple Pioneer silver-face guys in here.. I'm still rockin' the SX-780 but I dug out a pair of Andrew Jones' speakers for it this week, wife wasn't digging the NHT/M&K setup I had been using.

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is that a set for a scene from The Matrix?!

I wish, because then I could take the pill... no, it's where I've been spilling my coffee for the past couple years. At night I like to put my head down, walk real fast and pretend I'm Red 5 making the trench run at the end of Episode IV.

85CC1E79-0F75-493E-8C02-C056B54B6C21 (resized).jpeg

#1825 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

That looks like my old IBM XT and dot matrix printer. (:
I think you need this in your shirt pocket when preparing to take out the Death Star.

You're gonna make me go look now, but I think it's actually an old Sun workstation... definitely a 9-pin dot matrix though, and I do love that noise.

I would totally walk around with that toy in my shirt pocket, even though he's not how I got my nickname mmkay.

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Been in a major Sabbath mood lately...

Have you checked out Ghost? Especially their early stuff, it’s like Sabbath meets BÖC.

CB6514FE-0122-4090-A732-81FFC1D0F250 (resized).jpeg

#1852 1 year ago

Working out some aggression tonight.

CD9CE37B-92B9-4555-8F75-3FF378E36016 (resized).jpeg

#1858 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Mike Patton fans?!?!

All day!! What a voice...

1 week later
#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from MrDucks:

If you don’t want to get the emails, they’re usually all posted on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylDeals/

Dammit, why did I go look?

Air - Moon Safari $11.77
Beck - Guero $10.13
Stevie Wonder - Talking Book $9.89

Plus all of what Vid posted and a couple others... oh and that Bowie showed up on my porch yesterday. I'm gonna have to put myself on a budget soon!

1 week later
#1987 1 year ago

Funny you should mention Johnny Marr. Last night I had a visit with the Smiths!

If I could only have one Smiths album, this would be the one.

#2010 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

5 thumbs up if I could. Played it slam out.
I had to go listen to Jack Straw another 100 times.

Which reminds me, a kid my dad grew up with passed away last week:

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/09/584508647/remembering-grateful-dead-lyricist-and-internet-activist-john-perry-barlow

#2016 1 year ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Lots of good prices you guys keep finding lately, must mean the vinyl hype is fading. Not that I care.
Tonight's dinner music.

Nice, those guys are local to me. Been seeing their shows since the Public Affection days...

#2026 1 year ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Very cool! I unfortunately have not had the chance to see them live but would love to.
This is as far back as I go with them.

That's still my favorite of their albums...

1 week later
#2125 11 months ago

Amazon has Michael Jackson's Thriller for $10.75 this morning.
amazon.com link »

#2129 11 months ago
Quoted from zedhed:

The Word as Law reissue in crispy clear vinyl

Always glad to see another Henry Rollins fan.

#2138 11 months ago
Quoted from Ak_tilt:

This might be the best thread on Pinside right now! Just listening to a few new acquisitions as I wind down on a Sunday afternoon.

Love Angel Dust and I hadn't even thought to look for Calexico on vinyl... my mailman hates me.

#2147 11 months ago

Startin’ early this week.

91565AB5-E326-4AEF-A292-8C0158F03A8F (resized).jpeg

#2152 11 months ago

Showed up the same day as Thriller, so we got all kinds of Q up in here.

#2157 11 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love & Hate $6.99
Alright, if this price does not get you to buy it, nothing will.
amazon.com link »

Yeah, I scooped it yesterday along with Bjork - Vulnicura ($14.45) and DangerDoom - Mouse & the Mask ($12.99). This is like the sixth time I've bought records in the past month after I said I needed to stop. Gonna wind up with cirrhosis of the wallet at this rate.

1 week later
#2184 11 months ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Recent find. Took a flyer on the album having really only known the Rehab song. Turns out to be a really good listen.

I picked that one up on vinyl recently too but was already hopelessly hooked on the album from the first time I heard her sing, "What kind of fuckery is this?"

I'd follow it up with 'Right on Time' too...

#2194 11 months ago

Motorhead - Ace of Spades $11.92
amazon.com link »

Went to an old school vinyl swap meet yesterday, found all kinds of good stuff to keep me spinning.

#2208 11 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Weekend prelude.

» YouTube video

This reminded me of the film adaptation of Tom Stoppard's play, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead... haven't watched it in a while but 'Seamus' was a perfect fit.

#2223 11 months ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Nice start of the evening!

Sour Diesel? Blue Dreams here.

EF49232A-B950-45FA-BBDB-B68FB35AC970 (resized).jpeg

#2244 10 months ago

I gotta do something nice for my mailman. He's walking up to my steps a couple times a week instead of just filling the box through his Jeep window and he's not built like he's used to doing that.

#2252 10 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Raise your hand if you remember Mathew Southern Comfort.
It was a “cut out” at the time. I think they used floppy disc punches. (:

I can't raise my hand, but I remember floppy disc punches. Mine would take a square chunk out of your palm if you didn't use it on a flat surface. Didn't care, got to use the other side!

Those cutouts have an interesting part of the tale of when the mafia took over MCA Records though... ever follow that?

#2257 10 months ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Local record-store owner (she's in her 80's now..) explained it to me -
Albums with the cut or slit are items unsold, returned to the distributor. They would get credit for returned albums that they could put towards OTHER albums (not a 1, of course! The original 'restocking fee'!) and these returned ones were marked, and then sold to discount stores.

More to the point, royalties were not paid to the artists on unsold (AKA cutouts) records. So when the mafia guys got control of MCA, they would make sure their jukeboxes were stocked up with cutouts to keep the cash flowing in the right direction. They already had complete control of the coin-op business as it was the perfect money laundering setup.

#2274 10 months ago

Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats first album on white vinyl is down to $17.46 today.

amazon.com link »

UAvol1 (resized).jpg

#2276 10 months ago

Not a sports fan but we watched the game in the office because Villanova. There are a few upsides to working 2nd shift.

Bonus was finding this waiting for me:

3E7A8033-0396-402D-951C-CFA1575F05F5 (resized).jpeg

#2285 10 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

What model Pioneer reicever ?? SX-750 or 850
I have a SX-950 85 watts rms per channel
the kind i shook the windows with... my neighbors windows

Close, SX-780. Black meters instead of silver, not much else different.

#2291 10 months ago

Gonna be a long night.

8E1DB164-0F32-4A35-A5E6-BB0F76C60B45 (resized).jpeg

#2298 10 months ago

delete

1 week later
#2327 10 months ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Playing this: overlooked in my humble opinion...

I was five years old the first time I heard that album, still remember it like yesterday. Can still remember every note of every song, sing you every lyric. It's on my short list to find on vinyl...

#2370 9 months ago

My favorite Jayhawks album, Hollywood Town Hall, is only $13.26 today.
amazon.com link »

Tomorrow the Green Grass is also at its lowest at $14.19.
amazon.com link »

#2373 9 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I was looking for a new R&B/soul album and grabbed this. It’s quite good. Reminds me of Sam Cooke.

Good stuff. I'm still hoping to find Raphael Saadiq's The Way I See It on vinyl, another nearly perfect R&B/soul album.

#2377 9 months ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

Got mine coming, one of the Stones best...

Grabbed one too... I remember being around 15 when I first started hanging out at the local record shop, seeing a copy of this with the working zipper and suddenly understanding the point of rock and roll.

#2394 9 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Some say he’s an acquired taste. I think he’s brilliant.

I don't smoke cigarettes any more, but if I do I'm listening to Tom Waits when I do it.

#2406 9 months ago

Sometimes you just gotta get down with the clowns.

88EF335C-E7A5-49BC-AD0C-9290003564F6 (resized).jpeg

#2410 9 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Here are eight from John Valby aka Doctor Dirty.
He was in a Movie "Loosing It" a teenager movie.
He was playing piano in a Bar in Tijuana..wearing a white tuxedo.

Oh. My. God. I'd never heard of him but my wife had an autographed cassette in her car when we first started dating, apparently she heckled him enough at one of his shows that he came over and said 'hi' afterwards. I'll have to show her this, she'll get a huge kick out of it.

#2412 9 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

He still does shows! at 73 years old!
http://www.johnvalby.com even has u-tube videos you can watch
has been making CD's forever. I saw a list on wiki.. I ordered these back in the early 80s.

You ain't kiddin. I'm even off that night...

Franklin Township Fire Dept
Lehighton, PA 18235
Show Start 8pm

Good lookin' out, her mind will be blown. Maybe other things will also.

#2415 9 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

how far of a drive?

About an hour and a half but I know where all the pinball machines up there are, also have an old friend who lives nearby and might appreciate the show. He's a former pro-wrestler turned hypnotist and loves to wallow in the filth now and again. I'll drag a whole bunch of assholes out for this one, letcha know how it goes. Been watching those YT videos, dude's still got it!

1 week later
#2430 9 months ago

I picked up that Motorhead along with a couple Calexico records for $12/ea about a month ago. My wife already told me I need a better plan for storing all these records, so I ignored her and ordered a couple more today. Sure wish they'd press that new Janelle Monae album on vinyl, might be the best album I've heard in the past year.

#2434 9 months ago

I buy mostly new vinyl but when I was a kid, I remember having to clean the little dust balls off the stylus as they accumulated every now and then. That just happened again the other night, not sure what my wife was spinning but there it was like back in the day and I had to show her what to do. These days everything goes into MSFL sleeves and gets the carbon fiber brush treatment before spinning so there's very little dirt. I have some spray and microfiber cloths in case I see something nasty. I've been tempted to buy a spin washer but I don't have the time/space/need/etc for one.

#2439 9 months ago

Love the Jackie Brown soundtrack. I remember going straight from the theater after watching the movie to whatever CD store was in the mall and buying it, then going back the next day to buy my first Delfonics album.

#2444 9 months ago

Getting ready for tonight’s show.

2E1A97E8-B507-48D8-A06B-D908E3713332 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2465 8 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How were they?!? Where u see em at!

Santander Arena in Reading PA, first time for Mastodon but we see Primus at least once a year. Great show, the opener ‘All Them Witches’ was the real surprise. I coulda been just fine with them playing through Mastodon’s set.

(not my pic, we’ve started just leaving our phones in the car...)

4B694022-3F94-4CC4-8D84-A4C9196040F3 (resized).jpeg

#2467 8 months ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

All Them Witches is awesome. I'd love to see them live.
I like Mastodon in small doses. They're a great band, but like a lot of technically-proficient metal bands, I find them to be a bit "samey" after a handful of songs. I've got a signed copy of Leviathan on vinyl. I should post that in this thread one of these days...

I went straight home and ordered Sleeping Through The War on vinyl... they were solid. I'm not sure if it's good or bad when I can anticipate every move a drummer makes but I was pretty locked-on.

Mastodon's lead singer was corny, he mostly masturbated his guitar the whole night and kept pointing at one single fan he either liked or didn't (couldn't tell) who was behind us somewhere. Plus they suffered from the same problem Clutch did last year, just not sounding that great through Primus' sound equipment. Small doses sounds about right.

#2482 8 months ago

BöC, Journey and Ozzy had a baby, might be the best hard rock album of the year so far.

68CC0F70-3F90-4F83-B9E8-F03C12A9690F (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2501 8 months ago

Thank you, been looking for exactly this.

#2502 8 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

He still does shows! at 73 years old!

Got the full story, apparently my wife had her tits out on stage at one of his shows fifteen years ago (underage). The second time she saw him, he kissed her bare ass while she mooned the crowd. In this photo, he's trying to stick his finger in her ass but failed to negotiate her jeans/t-shirt/underwear configuration. He's still a dirty old man for sure.

07A7CB9F-0C1F-4DDE-A3D3-43F0BD5310F2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2529 7 months ago
Quoted from Risingjay1:

They are B&W 805 matrix speakers. I just don't use them but they sound fantastic. Not sure on price though but it could be worked out.

Interested in trades?

records (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2605 7 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Or willing to admit they listened to Kenny Rogers...

Still do. Still have the range too so I sing along.

BBF59A05-43EF-44F3-8B3B-ED9167705338 (resized).jpeg
#2609 7 months ago
Quoted from vid1900:

amazon.com link »
Pearl Jam - Ten $14.47
If you are still alive 30 years after this album came out, you are doing OK.

I was too young to understand their angst but I wore this cassette out anyway. Been watching the vinyl as it has been dropping a little bit each week for a while now... not sure where the bottom is but yesterday I snagged a copy of Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory for $4.99!

#2614 7 months ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Getting my funk on to start the weekend.

Excellent idea.

E6B22320-4B37-4F08-956D-7A140CA31282 (resized).jpeg
#2623 7 months ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Where have you guys purchased those weights? I have no use for one on my linear table, but may consider buying one just to try out on my Sherwood or technics.

I think I just went on Amazon and looked for the one that weighed the most: amazon.com link »

As others have said, it mostly helps with warped vinyl but I've also noticed it minimized skipping when thunderfoot stomps through the living room.

#2630 7 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Such a great album. Supernaut, Snowblind and my favorite piano song of all time, Changes.

Yeah, probably my favorite Sabbath album if I had to pick one.

By the way, ever hear this rendition of Changes?

#2659 7 months ago
Quoted from waldo34:

KISS anyone? Love this album.

A friend sent this to me recently... apologies in advance.

1 week later
#2734 6 months ago

Been looking for this one for a very long time...

B136CA04-B9A0-4274-9FD0-C2D447C37C60 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2928 5 months ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Alright ive been slacking. These have been my new pick ups lately.

Which reminds me, they're re-issuing the first five King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard albums - 5000 of each in colored vinyl. They were supposed to go on sale last night but Flightless' website melted down when fans refreshed it to death. I'm still on the fence, shit adds up fast! $40/ea plus shipping from Australia, and might as well grab some ORB and Babe Rainbow records while I'm at it...

#2943 5 months ago

And of course this showed up yesterday:

BB8DD3D8-C28D-413A-B366-55D5D9295C55 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2998 4 months ago

ebay.com link » A Deeper Understanding 2lp Vinyl W Digital Download

The War on Drugs' most recent album is $12.58 shipped today on eBay.

#3017 4 months ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

My little daugther set up! She loves vinyl
[quoted image]

Interesting you say that, my daughter never expressed much interest in music until we made the turntable the focus of our living room. She gets off the bus about twenty minutes before I get home from work and it's not uncommon for me to find she has put a record on to listen to while doing her homework. She still asks Alexa to play the music I don't listen to now and then but I like to think she's being exposed to a pretty good variety.

1 week later
#3042 4 months ago

new All Them Witches showed up today..

383CD4F0-342D-4E6F-9BD5-C7A1EC25DDF6 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#3068 4 months ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Where's the blue oysters?

Right here.

3BF45E00-CB05-4C6F-90B6-0F778B01EEB8 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#3164 3 months ago

The double-LP of Motley Crue's Greatest Hits is $10 on Amazon today.

amazon.com link »

#3175 3 months ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Dude, you've got the "Thunder Road" board game! My brother and I got that back in the 80s and loved it. Basically Mad Max the board game.

Oh wow, my brother and I had that game too! I hadn't thought about it in years...

1 week later
#3252 83 days ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

I wondered where I remembered "Dad I'm in jail" from. That had to be it.

I remembered it from Pump Up the Volume; there's a scene where Christian Slater's character plays it on his pirate radio show.

I wanted a pirate radio station of my own so bad when I was a kid. I think I still do but the moment is gone...

#3253 81 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Leonard Cohen - Songs of Love & Hate $6.99
Alright, if this price does not get you to buy it, nothing will.

Which reminds me, I was surprised by this recently:

#3285 75 days ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Every year I bust out a good bottle of bourbon and sit down and play the first four (and most vital) U2 records. I was a total U2 fanboy in the 80’s and thought they could do no wrong. Well that was true for about 10 years. Either way, these are all great and I really enjoy doing this every year.

I don't listen to them much anymore but I was also a huge U2 fanboy... still have a lot of rare stuff squirreled away somewhere. I did just pick up their new one on double blue vinyl, need to find a time to give it a proper hearing.

1 week later
#3306 67 days ago

What's the story on that cool looking table under the album?

That caught my eye too. I saw a picture elsewhere on the internet recently of a pinball bar in the PNW that had tables like that.

2 weeks later
#3358 53 days ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The last good Rush album before they got all synthed out: Moving Pictures $7.39

Good lookin', I almost jumped on that the other day when it was still around $14. Already have that particular Lana Del Rey but I've been trying to buy Ultraviolence for some time now... always gets cancelled when I find it for a reasonable price.

No RHCP though, I just can't anymore. I liked Mother's Milk when it came out but only because my girl at the time was turned on by it. BSSM was the last one I bought and I can't stand anything after that.

2 weeks later
#3419 39 days ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

For some unknown reason, I have this habit of pairing albums and listening to them together. Sometimes they have very little in common, sometimes they do. For me, Frosting on the Beater's cosmic twin is Bandwagonesque by Teenage Fanclub. These records were both released (at least in the US) by the same label about 18 months apart and they were both produced by Don Fleming. While these bands have little else to do with one another they both owe more than a little back rent to Big Star.
Anyway, if earworm harmonies, mind melting melodies and fuzzy guitar hooks are your thing, neither of these records will disappoint.
[quoted image]

Own both of those albums, agree 100%. They usually end up getting played in the same sesh.

#3430 38 days ago
Quoted from RedPlunger:

“Oh my god, they’re Gorgeous.”
Great adds ya’ll. Gza, Teenage Fanclub, Zappa, Posies.
[quoted image]

Great album. My brother-in-law introduced me to it.

2 weeks later
#3496 23 days ago
Quoted from davidlldennis:

Just found the club... This is what my 3 year old picked to listen to tonight... I think I'm doing a good job parenting...
[quoted image]

I'm a firm believer in music as a form of communication when other methods aren't working or have yet to be established. So yes, I'd say you're doing an outstanding job of parenting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 159.99
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.99
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 68.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 149.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emkay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside