IMG_6276 (resized).jpeg
20240328_181156 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240328_155557 (resized).jpg
20240328_005758 (resized).jpg
20240328_005745 (resized).jpg
20240328_003752 (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 21-41-07 February 1987 - md88cs.pdf (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 21-34-28 Pinside Vinyl Club Sights and sounds Pinside.com (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 21-33-20 Depeche Mode - Violator - Pop Rock - Vinyl - Walmart.com (resized).png
IMG_6275 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6273 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6274 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1084 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingojoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4083 4 years ago

The label on the disc says it all.

B12 (resized).jpgB12 (resized).jpg
9 months later
#5167 3 years ago

350 LP covers for my game room ceiling.

CL 1 (resized).jpgCL 1 (resized).jpgCL 2 (resized).jpgCL 2 (resized).jpg
#5171 3 years ago

Its a suspended ceiling, a framework designed to hold 2' X 4' tiles. by tweaking it a little bit, I was able to end up with 4' X 1'-1/2" spaces perfect for dropping in 4 covers (or 2 gatefold covers) per space..There are also some flush mounted lights and 6 speakers up there.
The records are in their inner sleeves and packed away, although many aren't in the best of shape, mostly extras/leftovers from my record collection.

1 week later
#5217 3 years ago

Picked up two of these in 1991, kept this one sealed.

zap 2 (2) (resized).jpgzap 2 (2) (resized).jpg
#5231 3 years ago
ZAPPA (resized).jpgZAPPA (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5265 3 years ago

Beta was the better video format (better than VHS) I still have beta equipment (pic) in my system. Best thing about beta was that you could rent VHS and DVD material that was "copy guarded" and wouldn't copy to a VHS machine and copy to beta no problem. Got 100's of old factory movies on beta (including all the old Phantasm's) and they still play great. A couple years back I copied all four seasons of star trek "Enterprise" from borrowed DVD's to beta, you cant tell em' from the originals.

VID (resized).jpgVID (resized).jpg
#5266 3 years ago

Still on the subject of obsolete formats, anybody (besides me) still got an 8-track deck tied into their home system?

8 TRK (resized).jpg8 TRK (resized).jpg
#5274 3 years ago

Yes it is. It starts you out on cartridge 1 track 1, goes thru the 4 tracks, then switches to cart 2 track 1, and on and on. You can advance it thru the carts or tracks manually. It stops at the end of cart 5. Ive got a couple extra magazines I can load up for quick changes.
I see you have a reel to reel, I have one as well (pic) I always liked those for first recordings like live shows off the radio and programs like the "Beatles at the Beeb" and the "Lost Lennon tapes" then later the material can be copied to cassette or 8-track (and later, CD) if needed. Also, every time I ran across an old bootleg LP that I didn't want to keep or that I couldn't purchase Id put it on R to R. I have quite a few factory albums on R to R, as well as about 400/500 8 tracks.

R TO R (resized).jpgR TO R (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5448 3 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

now she has decided she likes the Stones.

Play her "Star Star" she may change her mind again, unless its the edited version. Back when it came out I had to buy an import to get the unedited version. Maybe some of the re-issues have the unedited version, I don't know, All I have are the US original and a original import.
Jagger is a "creep" Hell, if they were a bunch of choir boys, they wouldn't be the Rolling Stones, they'd be Pat Boone.

GOATS (resized).jpgGOATS (resized).jpgSTONES 2 (resized).jpgSTONES 2 (resized).jpg
#5450 3 years ago

Actually there is a Dirty Work in there. I thought it wasn't such a bad album, just kinda middle of the road. I always thought their low points were "Satanic Majesties Request" and "Black and Blue" both of which I have (being a completist) of course. Hell, Ive even got Wymans solo albums, sad...
Love their first album (in mono) and Beggars Banquet.

#5464 3 years ago

Some Girls (I agree) is a classic. Strange thing about that original (all faces) cover, so far I have found those covers with eight different arrangements of the green, blue, yellow, and pink colors on the front. Actually I guess there are nine variations if you include the washed out colors on the "under construction" version and the re-issues.
Another odd thing about that album, If you have an original 8-track cartridge give track 4 a listen. Beast of Burden is a full minute longer (5:30) than the LP.

SOME G (resized).jpgSOME G (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5511 3 years ago

Hey, how many of you out there still have the first record you ever bought? I do... $2.98 at Grand Central in the fall of 63. I was 8 at the time, bought it with my "lawn mowing" money.

BBOY (resized).jpgBBOY (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5529 3 years ago

Deep Zeppelin / Led Purple, recorded in 69, released in 71 in quad. Skip their later stuff, this is the one.

LUC (resized).jpgLUC (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5562 3 years ago

Bridge of Sighs,, a CLASSIC! All Hendrix fans out there should checks out Robins albums (except Caravan to Midnight and In City Dreams, he kinda dropped the ball on those two) on Chrysalis. His later albums with Procol Harum (Home and Broken Barricades) before he went solo are great too.

#5575 3 years ago

We had a store here in Salt Lake called "Tape Head Company" that sold records, tapes (8-track and cassette) posters, bongs, papers, etc. car stereos (with an installation dept.) sold and rented video tapes (VHS and Beta) and other items. They had a letter based pricing system similar to your Caldor, plus you could get a discount if you had one of their "discount cards" which I had. They were located at 665 South State Street from about 1969 to 1985. I bought a lot of records/8-tracks there over the years, and a couple car stereos.

THC (resized).jpgTHC (resized).jpgTHC B (resized).jpgTHC B (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#5601 3 years ago

No colored vinyl, but all originals.

BLK SAB (resized).jpgBLK SAB (resized).jpg
#5608 3 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I probably never would have listened to Slade if not for him. Definitely sad news.

Ah... Slade. They were making the "big noize" 14 years before Quiet Riot came along with their note for note copy of "Come on feel..." I dont mind if somebody does an interesting version of someone elses song. But if its just a copy, whats the point. Tho I suppose I guess it did turn a few people on to Slade. I saw them here back in about 71-72 I think they were on the bill with the Amboy Dukes. Been a fan ever since.

SLADE (resized).jpgSLADE (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5630 3 years ago
ST J (resized).jpgST J (resized).jpg
#5631 3 years ago

Thrift store find (many years ago) NM original mono.

ELEC PR (resized).jpgELEC PR (resized).jpg
1 week later
#5707 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

At 14 this was so cool.
My mother didn’t think so.

oh yeah, God Damn the Pusher. My mom didnt hear it (headphones) but if she had...

STEPW (resized).jpgSTEPW (resized).jpg
#5711 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

A nice cool night back home in Downey, listening to The Who, who's better who's best, 1989 2 lp, best of.

Who's best, here's the rest.

WHO (resized).jpgWHO (resized).jpg
#5713 3 years ago

There are a lot of crappy audience recorded live boots (Decidedly Belated Response, Live at Swansea come to mind) floating around. Ive had lots of them, I copied them onto reel to reel tape (if they werent too bad) and resold the records. Funny, some of the best looking boots Ive had (colored vinyl) were the worst for sound quality. I had a Swansea that was lime green/orange splash and the sound was so bad you couldnt tell what half of it was.
The one you pointed out (Fillmore East 68) has decent sound but is an incomplete show. The one to its right is also a Fillmore 68 boot and is also incomplete, but between the two you get a complete show.
One of the better ones pictured is Tales From the Who. Nice packaging with Stout artwork. A decent recording of a good show.

B8 (resized).jpgB8 (resized).jpg
#5715 3 years ago

I think it was. Tho the cover says its QUAD (Quadrapig) its MONO.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bingojoe.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=bingojoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.