IMG_20240423_183930.jpg
IMG_20240423_183443.jpg
IMG_20240423_171908.jpg
IMG_20240423_172259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_171028__01 (resized).jpg
20240423_073739 (resized).jpg
IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ak_tilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2082 6 years ago

Been following this thread for awhile, and figured it's about time I contribute! Here's what spinning right now, very likely the best band to come out of Montesano, WA!

IMG_3515 (resized).JPGIMG_3515 (resized).JPG

#2084 6 years ago

Definitely one of their best! Long live King Buzzo!

#2091 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Noice! Is that an original pressing..or a re-press?! I been wondering how thirdman's sounds!

It's the Third Man re-press, sadly don't have my original anymore. Really high quality and sounds great in my opinion. Just ordered the Stag and Houdini re-issues and looking forward to giving those a listen soon!

#2100 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

well if you sold Stoner Witch & Houdini on eBay for outrageous amounts to a someone in Canada ... i may know where they went ! Haha! i blast Melvins all the time! Third man is deadly for re-pressing their old albums!!

Haha! No sold them to someone in the states when they were still selling for somewhat silly prices, well before they achieved full outrageous. That said, I'd love to get my hands on some original pressings again, just seem to miss them whenever they come up for sale.

#2134 6 years ago

This might be the best thread on Pinside right now! Just listening to a few new acquisitions as I wind down on a Sunday afternoon.

FullSizeRender(2) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender(2) (resized).jpg

#2139 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

How’s that Angel Dust pressing? Is that the remastered version? If so, I’ve been meaning to pick that up. AD is a top 5 all time album for me.

It's the remastered version and highly recommend picking up a copy. The best part in my opinion is that it isn't overly "remastered" in that it sounds a lot like the original, really high quality pressing too.

#2140 6 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Love Angel Dust and I hadn't even thought to look for Calexico on vinyl... my mailman hates me.

Yeah, I was pretty stoked to find Feast of Wire, one their best imho.... I can relate, all my Amazon orders come to my office. Thanks to this thread it's been a steady stream of records the last few weeks, needless to say my co-workers think I have a problem!

1 month later
#2332 6 years ago

Don't forget tomorrow is Record Store Day, some really good stuff being released.

https://recordstoreday.com/Home

https://recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases

#2339 6 years ago

Record Store Day pickup, amazed that I was able to snag this one before they all disappeared!

IMG_0424 (resized).JPGIMG_0424 (resized).JPG

#2349 6 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Reissue Orange vinyl edition. Hasn't been reissued since 1989. Still got my original copy that I bought back in the day for $5.98

I picked this up as well, nice reissue. I must admit that I found it funny that the "$5.98 EP" now costs $12.89.

3 weeks later
#2440 5 years ago

Listening to this while perusing all of the JJPOTC threads...seemed appropriate!

IMG_0435 (resized).JPGIMG_0435 (resized).JPG

4 years later
#10627 1 year ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

Well, I use it, not fastidiously, but it would get 2-10 hours a week maybe, I dunno. Certainly not all the time, as often my wife doesn't want to hear what I like. But yeah, never really thought about a bearing.
Our local audio snob dealer turned his nose up at working on it.

I replaced the needle once or twice, most recently after trying several other things to make the noise go away. Neve messed with the cartridge.
I'm a bit out of my element with that stuff, and see above for our local help.
Now that I look at it, it does look like there's some adjustment available, but it appears to be tight. Play with it a bit tomorrow.

Are the transport screws (circled in the photo) still in place? Being a complete dunce myself, I spent the better part of a year trying everything else I could think of to track down an eliminate an odd hum/rumble with my project turntable. In my case, once they were removed I had no more motor noise.

IMG-1218 (resized).jpgIMG-1218 (resized).jpgIMG_2581 (resized).JPGIMG_2581 (resized).JPGIMG_2560 (resized).JPGIMG_2560 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ak_tilt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=ak_tilt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.