IMG_4769 (resized).jpeg
Heart (resized).png
Humble Pie (resized).png
Fandango (resized).png
Cranberries (resized).png
Roger (resized).png
MrBig (resized).png
IMG_20240421_002101__01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent57.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#885 6 years ago

Whoa, how did I miss this thread until today? I'm in!

Picked this one up years ago, still some of the best dynamics I've ever heard on a record...cueing up Side 1 right now.

The Police - Ghost in the Machine (resized).pngThe Police - Ghost in the Machine (resized).png

#899 6 years ago

Rockin' out with some Steppenwolf tonight...

Steppenwolf - The Second (resized).pngSteppenwolf - The Second (resized).png

#901 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

+5 One of my first albums was Early Steppenwolf. Power Play still gives me a rush.
And Howlin' For My Baby... oh man. Turn it up!

Early Steppenwolf is a great live album! One of the first songs I recall ever hearing from them was my Dad's "Hey Lawdy Mama" 45 as a kid in the mid-70s and I was hooked, that's still one of my favorites...

#905 6 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Still had a pretty good selection and I ended up with these 8 for 10 bucks.

Good score for 10 bucks! That David & David album is great, haven't listened to that one in a while.

#912 6 years ago

Blasting this one right now, 1st press with "alternate" cover. You never hear much about Steve Winwood's guitar playing but he's more than holding his own with Clapton on "Had To Cry Today," especially near the end when they both start going off - great stuff.

Blind Faith (resized).pngBlind Faith (resized).png

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I posted a pic of my album with the original cover. It actually got a "thumbs down" from someone... anal character I'm assuming.

LOL which is precisely why I posted the safe version and not the one which, you know, we could all walk into any record store and buy when we were kids.

#920 6 years ago

RIP Gregg Allman, thanks for all the great music.

Allman Brothers Band - Idlewild South (resized).pngAllman Brothers Band - Idlewild South (resized).png

#933 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

One of my top 10 all time albums spinning tonight. Goes well with bourbon.

Great choice, the title track just may be my favorite Bowie song ever. Enjoy!

#940 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I'm looking for a bulk buy of 45s, preferably a juke box collection to fill up a couple of juke boxes.

Just a thought but do they ever have record shows near where you live? I know someone who bought a few hundred 45s at one and got a huge discount on 'em. And at least that way you can cherry pick what you want so it's all killer and no filler.

#945 6 years ago

Speaking of favorite live albums, I'm playing one of mine right now:

BOC - On Your Feet or On Your Knees (resized).pngBOC - On Your Feet or On Your Knees (resized).png

#947 6 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Wow, your from Lansford. I grew up in that town. Met my wife of 30 years there and my father still lives there.

Wow indeed, I would never have imagined that someone in Bowmanstown has 16 pinball machines, that is so cool. I drive past there every day to Palmerton for work and got married in that town 13 years ago. Nice to meet ya!

#950 6 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Pm me if you want to stop by and play a few games.

Oh, you can pretty count on that.

#951 6 years ago

Oh, you can pretty much count on that.

#960 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

There's only one way to listen to the Brothers.
With a bit toast to Duane and Gregg... playing together again.

Cheers, I'll drink to that. And a clean Quad copy...outstanding!

#965 6 years ago

Another live album and one of my favorites since it came out in 2006. Highly recommended!

Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Fillmore 1970 (resized).jpgNeil Young and Crazy Horse - Fillmore 1970 (resized).jpg

#967 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

OMG! I'm a Neil'o junkie!

Me too for many years, especially when the Horse is with him. All 3 of those are great albums...

#968 6 years ago

Spinning more Neil today, playing the 16 minute rehearsal version of Words (ie. Side 3) now...

Neil Young - Journey Through The Past (resized).jpgNeil Young - Journey Through The Past (resized).jpg

#972 6 years ago

Tonight's spin, 1972 Canadian yellow vinyl. This album never gets old...

Steely Dan - Can't Buy a Thrill (resized).jpgSteely Dan - Can't Buy a Thrill (resized).jpg

#979 6 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Love the Little Feat cover of "Willin". Sneaky Pete on steel guitar. Wonderful!

LOL funny you should mention Little Feat - I'm doing some website work from home today while blasting this one. I never get tired of listening to Richie Hayward's drumming!

Speaking of Willin', Seatrain did an interesting version of it, have to spin that one soon...

Little Feat - Waiting for Columbus (resized).jpgLittle Feat - Waiting for Columbus (resized).jpg

#984 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Tonight's plan. Step back to (IMO) timeless music goodness. About as pure as it gets.

Yep, timeless just about sums that one up, excellent pick for a Friday night. Such a fun album... "so let's do it the first time and to hell with the rest of it".

My own plans for the evening (if the bass player ever shows up)

6-9-17 (resized).jpg6-9-17 (resized).jpg

#992 6 years ago

Time for a quick spin before heading out in a bit. Any other Crimheads in here? I'm betting there are...

King Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon (resized).jpgKing Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon (resized).jpg

#996 6 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Over platz's watching Tim Perry jam. All I can say is wow! F'n wow!

Nice, I know Tim and his wife very well, he's definitely one of the best guitar players around and a good guy. Great wings there, too.

#1008 6 years ago

^^^Nice receiver!

This evening's spin, time to rock out...

Mott the Hoople - Mott (resized).jpgMott the Hoople - Mott (resized).jpg

#1013 6 years ago

Speaking of insane drumming...spinning this one right now.

Jeff Beck - Wired (resized).jpgJeff Beck - Wired (resized).jpg

#1023 6 years ago

Tonight's spin...

Led Zeppelin I (resized).jpgLed Zeppelin I (resized).jpg

#1040 6 years ago

Time to relax and play some tunes, starting off tonight with Brother Ray...

Ray Charles - What'd I Say (resized).jpgRay Charles - What'd I Say (resized).jpg

#1050 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Finally found a first edition US pressing of Desolation Boulevard

Great album. Man, I used to love Fox on the Run, I remember wearing out my 45 of that one.

#1054 6 years ago

First spin of the night. It's funny, my Dad was a huge Joe Walsh fan when I was growing up and he's actually still pissed about Joe joining the Eagles - I know better than to even mention that to him.

James Gang - Yer Album (resized).jpgJames Gang - Yer Album (resized).jpg

#1064 6 years ago

Thirsty Thursday indeed...kicking back with a beverage while cranking this one through headphones. Cheers!

Black Sabbath - Vol 4 (resized).jpgBlack Sabbath - Vol 4 (resized).jpg

#1079 6 years ago

Kicking back on a Sunday afternoon while listening to Bloomfield tear it up on Side 1...

Super Session 1 (resized).jpgSuper Session 1 (resized).jpg

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Been searching the bins for Mike Bloomfield stuff.
Not easy to find.
E

Hey man...grab this one if you ever see it, it's a damn good live album with some killer playing. Love the Norman Rockwell cover, too.

The Live Adventures of Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper (resized).jpgThe Live Adventures of Mike Bloomfield and Al Kooper (resized).jpg

#1102 6 years ago

Getting ready to fire up the grill here on this nice Sunday afternoon, nothing says "Summer" to me like this album...

Sly and the Family Stone - Greatest Hits (resized).jpgSly and the Family Stone - Greatest Hits (resized).jpg

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

War and All Day Music was always a summer tune! (on the 8 Track!)

Absolutely, great pick!

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Treated myself to a new toy. Like Christmas in July!

Magnificent table, always has been...congrats!

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

OP mentioned early on about cleaning options and I was curious if anyone had heard of or tried the elmers glue technique. Been meaning to try it with a few of my dirtier records, but haven't dove in.

Haven't done it myself but I know someone who has and only as a last resort when his VPI 16.5 couldn't clean them well enough. He actually used Titebond II wood glue, I'm sure there are videos on YT.

The results will vary; nothing will fix scratches or groove wear but he was able to remove the fuzzy sound from some old mono records that we thought were trashed.

And +1 on the Spin Clean, they work very well.

#1150 6 years ago

Kicking back this afternoon with another great live album...

Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour '74 (resized).jpgRory Gallagher - Irish Tour '74 (resized).jpg

#1155 6 years ago

It's been that kind of Monday, time to crank it up...

Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique (resized).jpgBeastie Boys - Paul's Boutique (resized).jpg

#1157 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

A good day and new stuff from the local variety shop. I think they are catching on that vinyl is back. 25% off through this month. I'll be back!

Nice score all around! There and Back is a great JB album; Simon Phillips plays some incredible (and untouchable) drums on Space Boogie and The Pump is excellent, too.

#1158 6 years ago

Tonight's spin...

David Bowie - Diamond Dogs (resized).jpgDavid Bowie - Diamond Dogs (resized).jpg

#1164 6 years ago

"And my soul...has been psychedelicized!"

Chambers Bros - The Time Has Come (resized).jpgChambers Bros - The Time Has Come (resized).jpg

#1207 6 years ago

Speaking of Disney, I was only ever at DW once, in 1977 when I was 9 and somehow held onto this for all these years...

Disney '77 (resized).jpgDisney '77 (resized).jpg

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Technics 1200?

No, that's an AT LP-120 in that pic (with internal preamp removed.)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent57.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=agent57 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.