20240416_132713 (resized).jpg
20240416_132452 (resized).jpg
20240416_132702 (resized).jpg
IMG_4604 (resized).JPG
2024-04-15 19.35.53 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240416_153616 (resized).jpg
20240416_153439 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrDucks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 7 years ago
Quoted from StormyX73:

Yeah vinyl is my other obsession
I have just under 800 albums. I've been collecting since buying my first album – 'Brothers in Arms' back in 1985
My Discogs collection: https://goo.gl/Ub8VDE

Your link didn't work for me, but here's mine: https://goo.gl/fU15Ln.
I've been buying records since I was young, I guess it's become a collection. About 10 years ago a junkie roommate stole all but one crate of records so I lost a lot of the older stuff I had before that. Including the first Ween LP that they put out themselves which I got for $5 and seems to go for a lot these days..

5 months later
#499 7 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So are yall gonna change the name to the "vintage" vinyl club? I havent seen a recent band in a while if at all.

Here, three re-issues and a brand new release..

FullSizeRender (42) (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (42) (resized).jpg

1 week later
#538 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

Yeah, I figured as much. Oh well, I'll still hold onto it because:
a) I love Ween
b) I'm from MPLS. I love those Twin/Tone labels (Replacements)
I would like to own an original "The Pod" someday..

I used to have most of the Ween stuff, The Live Brain Wedgie, GWS, The Pod on vinyl that I got when it came out because I grew up in southeastern PA where they're from. Let someone borrow one, some got stolen, lost some of the demo tapes, now I think I just have one or two of the represses. I'm kinda the opposite of most Ween fans though, I like them recorded better than live, these days at least. I don't care how much I like a band, if they play for more than 45 minutes I'm done. Ween playing 3 hour jam sets just isn't my thing.

1 week later
#622 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I have had around a thousand or so records buried in a closet separate from the rest of my collection for quite a few years....dug part of it out a few days ago and found these beauties....

That's my high school years right there. All stolen about ten years ago though. Does Sister have the girl with the overalls on it on the other side? I think that and the Disney pictures were blocked out on later versions.

#623 7 years ago

Arrived in the mail today.

IMG_4119 (resized).JPGIMG_4119 (resized).JPG

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Yes...Good catch! This is the first pressing with the Richard Avedon and Magic Kingdom photos. After Avedon threatened to sue, SST first covered the photos with black decals and then blanked them out on later pressings.

You've also got the pre-"jr" dinosaur albums, are you sure you didn't get all these from whoever it was that stole my old records??

1 week later
#680 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I always hated it when the record store put stuff in the sale bin and clipped a notch out of the cover or cut the corner off.

Quoted from ssbodyman:

Never understood the point of that. But yeah didn't stop me from buying them.

Cutouts aren't done by the record store, they're done by the record label. When they send promos out to record stores/radio stations/for review/etc. they'll stamp/print on them "Promotional - Not For Sale", but a lot of the time they'll just cut the corner/notch/punch a hole in the cover.

It's so you can't sell the free promo copies as new.

2 weeks later
#743 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

You could buy a phono pre-amp and then just plug that into the tape, vcr, cd, etc... input. Then just switch between those two.

Or a DJ mixer.

2 months later
#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I have a small independent record label, pretty aptly named for the Pinside community:
http://playpinballrecords.bigcartel.com/
https://www.discogs.com/label/178631-Play-Pinball!-Records

Nice, I have Fungi Girls, First Base and Denton Denton USA.

1 month later
#1176 6 years ago

Melvins Sugar Daddy Live Split Series vol 1-13

IMG_4290 (resized).JPGIMG_4290 (resized).JPG

5 months later
#1689 6 years ago

Does anyone buy new records from current bands that were released in the current decade?
Since it's a new year, I went through stuff I got that was released in 2017, here's my top 10 list:

Electric Wizard - Wizard Bloody Wizard
Pissed Jeans - Why Love Now
Taiwan Housing Project ‎– Veblen Death Mask
Flat Worms ‎– Red Hot Sand 7"
ISS - Endless Pussyfoooting
Boss Hog ‎– Brood X
Playboy ‎– Celebration
feedtime ‎– Gas
USA/MEXICO ‎– Laredo
The Stallion ‎– The Dark Side Of The Wall 3x12"
Lars Finberg - Moonlight Over Bakersfield

To fit in, here a pick that's 40 years old (although it was released on vinyl in 2017)
Angry Samoans ‎– Too Animalistic: The 1978 Demos

1 week later
#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know most Pinsiders hate the Beatles and look at them as "grandpaw's music" but you can get a picture disc of Sgt. Pepper's for $20 today!
Don't turn it up too loud, or you won't be able to hear if there's kids playing on your lawn.
amazon.com link »

Have you read this thread? PInsiders love grandpaw's music!

2 weeks later
#1917 6 years ago
Quoted from Impzilla:

I never get emails from amazon, went into account settings and there are a ton of subscriptions you can get alerts on.
My account was set to block all subscriptions, added vinyl.
Never knew - Thx.

If you don’t want to get the emails, they’re usually all posted on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylDeals/

3 weeks later
#2113 6 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

My buddy's band just released a new album today. Been jamming all morning. The wax should be on my doorstep when I get home. $18, not bad.
amazon.com link »

I've seen them a few times out here, that guitar player really rips.

1 month later
#2365 5 years ago

a different take...

IMG_5167 (resized).JPGIMG_5167 (resized).JPG

1 year later
#4074 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I honestly don't know either. I was just curios because I knew the repressed some albums in the last few years or so).
Either way, cool

According to this, it's 5th pressing (or greater) since it says "Evilive Music" instead of "Hell-bent Music" on the label.

https://www.discogs.com/Misfits-Die-Die-My-Darling/master/105462

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrDucks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=MrDucks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.