IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0191 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0186 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
20240421_190833 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5790 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Brant Bjork's Gods and Goddesses

I knew nothing about Brant Bork, so thanks for turning me his way. I love psych rock and sounds so his work fits my profile in a bit of a unique way. Love the vibe.

If anyone wants to listen to a great album, spend some time with Jim Sullivan’s U.F.O. It is one of my absolute favorites. Some people call it cosmic country, but I don’t think that’s perfectly accurate. Like I said, just give it a shot. It’s the one album I always try to promote. He has an interesting story as well. He disappeared in a desert in New Mexico and his never been found. He has only one other studio release. Really great stuff.

This pic is his second album. U.F.O. is at my other house so I don’t have it handy.

D856F34B-1D56-4BEA-9E40-A5CECF978A12 (resized).jpegD856F34B-1D56-4BEA-9E40-A5CECF978A12 (resized).jpeg
#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Great new psychedelic album.
Giöbia, Plasmatic Idol.

The art on the sleeve is killer. I will check it out today.

#5803 3 years ago

For those that like the Dead with a hint of the Allman Brothers, please check out Pacific Range. They have a great sound and are an amazing live jam band. It’s one of my favorite releases this past year and I’ll be spinning it this morning. It’s the first release from Curation Records, which is run by Brent Rademaker of GospelBeacH and Beachwood Sparks. You aren’t going to find a better dude than Brent. Great music and really good people to support, especially in these times. Peace.

A578DC6C-1006-4F66-B8FB-2667A26F8424 (resized).jpegA578DC6C-1006-4F66-B8FB-2667A26F8424 (resized).jpeg
#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from Caljuju:

Just started picking up vinyl. I really enjoy looking thru your guys collection.
[quoted image]

I love how you picked up a Fat Boys LP. Haven’t heard the human beat box in decades!

#5817 3 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Looks like Bowie Blackstar, no?

Yes. Definitely Bowie Blackstar.

#5833 3 years ago

If anyone is looking for something to do, there is a live stream on Instagram with Curation Records in 10 minutes. They are releasing Trevor Beld Jimenez’s new release. All California cool. Good stuff, good people. My preorder - vinyl of course - is in.

051BBA0B-249D-4D71-A2EE-9F4111E9D30C (resized).png051BBA0B-249D-4D71-A2EE-9F4111E9D30C (resized).png
#5834 3 years ago

Oops. Actually, one more hour. 10 EST. Check it out if you can

#5864 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Mail call. Apparently this was a RSD release that completely came and went under my radar. Stoked!
[quoted image]

Yes. It was a RSD release a few weeks ago. Good stuff.

#5868 3 years ago

It’s a Dead night for me. Spinning one of my RSD scores. Killer Dead show for anyone that’s remotely interested.

16C3D97D-7425-42F4-B2F2-8ED548FB07D4 (resized).jpeg16C3D97D-7425-42F4-B2F2-8ED548FB07D4 (resized).jpeg
#5871 3 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

So prefect, really my favorite May 77 show. Enjoy!

It’s such a great show. Pure magic. I had such a great night time last night just hanging, listening to Jerry’s amazing guitar work and knocking back some beers. Almost a perfect night for me.

Picked up the Allman Brothers RSD release as well. Solid show.

#5886 3 years ago

Try some Type O Negative or check out the new Rob Zombie tune that comes out today. Both fall into the category of great “spooky” rock music.

#5890 3 years ago
Quoted from Rivv:

Haven't heard the new Zombie song

New Zombie sounds like old Zombie so if you like old Zombie you will like new Zombie. Kind of a tongue twister. Right?

#5901 3 years ago

NIN Pretty Hate still sounds really fresh after all these years. First released in 1989?

#5915 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Japan Pressing

Just curious, but what is it with all of the Japan pressings? Is there a particular reason for having them? Just want to make sure I’m not missing out on something. Thanks!

#5927 3 years ago

Obscure pick of the night - Blue Angel Lounge. It’s one of those albums that you could sell 20 just by putting it on the turntable in a record store. Great tunes to end a long night. Kind of a psychedelic, shoegazing feel. Check it out. Good stuff.

84768349-5FF1-4D26-B5C2-F98259BBC7A3 (resized).jpeg84768349-5FF1-4D26-B5C2-F98259BBC7A3 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#5932 3 years ago

Supersuckers rock. I saw them at a VFW in Minneapolis and it was a killer show.

#5942 3 years ago

I don’t do CDs but the light box for the new Ac/DC album is pretty sweet. I did hear the first single Shot in the Dark and its solid ac/dc.

#5950 3 years ago

I love Jefferson Airplane. Volunteers is such a great album, especially Good Shepherd. Great tunes for the summer. Overall, I think they are an underrated band.

#5960 3 years ago

In some respects, I like Hot Tuna more than Jefferson Airplane. When I brought up underrated, the band I should have mentioned was Hot Tuna. Those guys were still touring pre-COVID of course. Solid show. Legends at work.

#5973 3 years ago

I’m really digging the new AC/DC album. It’s the first AC/DC album that has pulled me in for quite sometime. Glad to see Brian Johnson back. One of the coolest and most appreciative dudes in rock n roll. Just really good stuff. I’m happy for them.

#5998 3 years ago

For those looking at the Black Friday Record Store Day releases consider this as an option. My guess is it will be easily overlooked, but it’s really good stuff. I know there are some Jorma fans in this thread.

B22A3CFA-BC59-4ABB-96DE-47874B60ECC7 (resized).jpegB22A3CFA-BC59-4ABB-96DE-47874B60ECC7 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#6060 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderpants:

Gonzo73, what's with all the jp press? you live there?

My guess is Obi Strips and superior sound quality.

#6063 3 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

This album is well recorded and pretty damn good!
[quoted image]

Please tell me more about that turntable in the background

1 week later
#6111 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Ted The Mechanic.
One of the greatest drinking songs of all time!
[quoted image]

Watcha drinking?!

#6113 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Tequila and cran. Nice combo.

Can’t argue with that. Nice choice my friend. I have a home brewed Scotch Ale. Enjoy the tunes.

1 week later
#6132 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Some serious listening tonight.
[quoted image]

What?! I didn’t even know a GI Joe album existed. I have to check that out...right now.

#6137 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

It went on pre-order right before Christmas. Hope you find one. Target canceled my pre-order and I had to scour the internet to find another place that had it.

Although I hate to do it, Amazon has it. I really try to avoid buying LPs from Amazon. In any event, I’m glad I found it!

2 months later
#6435 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And Iggy Bowie gold.
[quoted image]

If you haven’t done so already, check out Iggy’s most recent release - Free. It’s different, but in a really, really good way.

1 week later
#6453 3 years ago

I buy vinyl off the internet on a weekly basis and I have to say it is rarely damaged. Most everyone uses the vinyl cardboard packaging when shipping and that seems to work well. The times that I’ve received a damaged item is when that type of packaging wasn’t used.

#6457 3 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I rarely have issues with buying individual items from another collector or store on Discogs.

If you continue to have bad luck, maybe just stick to the vendors you know and/or have successfully done business with in the past. Otherwise, it’s always going to be a crap shoot.

3 weeks later
#6542 3 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Radio Gonzo playlist tonight.

So how big is your vinyl record collection? I’m sure everyone that follows this thread is wondering

#6562 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

LPBIN makes some great storage.

I have records stored all over the house. I’m completely out of space to the point I had to shelf some of my less valuable, throwaway type stuff on shelves to the basement.

#6563 3 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Respect the taste of your collection.

I agree. gonzo73 turned down on to Brant Bjork which was a great recommendation. On my regular rotation now.

1 week later
#6625 3 years ago

One of the best. Still think The Airplane is underrated. Actually, Hot Tuna is even more so.

1 month later
#6747 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Finally got a few hours to clean and service this Pioneer PL - 510A I picked up.
V15 Type IV with a Jico Stylus breaking in now.
God Damn - I love me some Fugazi.[quoted image]

Such a great album. I still listen to Minor Threat from time to time. Still holds up after all these years.

#6755 2 years ago

New vinyl storage in my guitar room. I’m reserving it for only Dead and Jerry Garcia LPs. Two good Dead and Garcia releases coming soon as RSD releases.

673C8F9E-A87A-4CB8-8563-BD088B74C953 (resized).jpeg673C8F9E-A87A-4CB8-8563-BD088B74C953 (resized).jpeg

#6757 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

You're pulling my heart strings.

Good stuff my friend. Can’t have enough Dead vinyl. It may sound cliche but the Dead are like no other band...ever. Their shows are like a mystical journey with twists, turns, the expected and unexpected with maybe the best lyrics in rock music. On a good night it’s pure magic. I can’t tell you how often I get lost in their music and realize hours have passed.

#6760 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

But have you secured a copy of the very rare Dead "Sea Scrolls" LP ?

I was just showing one of my areas where I store vinyl because I like it and think it looks great. I wasn’t trying to “one up” anyone or brag. I have a nice collection but, by no means, do I have everything.

1 week later
#6816 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Anyone else in here absolutely despise RSD?

No. Love it. I’ve met the best people at RSD. It’s the same four people at the front of the line, every time. We hang, shoot the shit, grab coffees and nerd out on records. I look forward to it every time.

#6817 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

a handful of hipster scum own, and probobly never listen to

I think that’s an unfair assumption.

Quoted from gonzo73:

So what did you folks get?

Here is my RSD haul. I also got the Sun Records Have a Party Compilation as well as the Rough Guide to Blues Gambling themed compilation. I had to order those from eBay, but got them at pretty much face value. Before people hammer me for doing that, I support a very small shop in Minneapolis and he gets a limited amount of RSD releases so it’s really hit or miss.

C178B977-2752-45A0-B4C9-FE2852C2450B (resized).jpegC178B977-2752-45A0-B4C9-FE2852C2450B (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#6928 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

So good!! Get it

Love Iggy. If you haven’t checked out some of his newer stuff, like Free, you should. It’s different for Iggy, but really really good. I love that album.

1 week later
#6953 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

It’s Jam Saturday Night

I find myself listening to more Little Feat than I think I ever should. Good band.

4 weeks later
#7030 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Friday night Reed.
[quoted image]

Love the version of Sweet Jane on that LP. I’ve listed to that record hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of times.

2 months later
#7187 2 years ago

All Dead and Garcia

31FECF6D-1304-46DC-878E-B6D52B65FFF1 (resized).jpeg31FECF6D-1304-46DC-878E-B6D52B65FFF1 (resized).jpeg631ABF0C-C786-4CAC-B878-4F286FE86E40 (resized).jpeg631ABF0C-C786-4CAC-B878-4F286FE86E40 (resized).jpeg
#7192 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Love to see those obsessive/die hard collection photos. Let's see some one band collections or one album multiple pressings.

That’s not even all of it… I basically buy every Dead album and box set I can find that I don’t have so long as the price is in the realm of reasonableness. I just can’t stop.

#7200 2 years ago
Quoted from Paulatron:

. Type O Negative's 96 classic October Rust

Good call with Type O October Rust. It’s a fantastic album. I listened to it non stop for quite some time back in the day. To tell you the truth, I kind of forgot about it. I hadn’t even considered it would be on vinyl!

1 week later
#7227 2 years ago

Just pulled Acid Mammoth up on Spotify. Pretty rad stuff. Your taste isn’t always my taste but every once in a while you hit the mark for me. Brant Bjork is another you turned me on to.

1 month later
#7286 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Ghost, live 2014 in Argentina, 2 LP clear smoke vinyl.
Great soundboard boot.

Just curious. gonzo73 Are you a Rob Zombie guy?

#7289 2 years ago
Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

I'm looking for recommendations on a good beginner setup for someone starting out in the vinyl record scene. I've never owned a record player before, but vinyl has always interested me. I'm not worried about sourcing the records, I travel a lot with work and I can find records easy enough. I'm just clueless as to what I should be getting initially for a decent setup. What type of record player do you guys recommend for someone new as well as speakers? looking for a basic setup that I can get started with.

In terms of a turntable, check out the U-Turn Orbit:

https://uturnaudio.com/collections/all?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2eOdiovL9QIV4MmUCR2C5w_XEAAYASAAEgJif_D_BwE

You can do customization and upgrades, but the basic Orbit is a great value.

#7296 2 years ago

It’s a belt not a band

#7339 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

If you do go the component route, Polk makes well built mid tier floor speakers the sti series is decent.
Amazon has a $350 for a pair of polk sti-300.

If you don’t have the space for those, Polk makes some nice bookshelf speakers that sound just fine. $69 for a pair on Amazon right now. You would need to get a subwoofer but there is a 10” powered Polk subwoofer on Amazon for $129. Those together sound great. That’s a lot of value for $200. Add a U-Turn Orbit for $200 and you are at $400. Add an Onkyo Bluetooth enabled receiver (100W) for $249 on Amazon and you have a pretty sweet set up for $650. Simple, easy, done.

PS. They also come with remotes.

4 weeks later
1 month later
#7748 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Anyone else thinking about buying that Lyceum / Europe 72 24 LP Set?

I looked at it and have thought about it but $550 is a lot for a set of records and I buy pretty much all of the Grateful Dead releases. Are you going to go for it?

#7752 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

I will probably grab a copy if it is still around next week.

I caved and ordered the set. Now to wait until the end of July. I did grab a 10% discount code. Without it, after tax and shipping, it comes to about $620. The code knocked it down to around $560.

#7754 2 years ago

Just go to dead.net. There should be a pop up right away where you enter your email to get a 10% discount. Make sure to use an email you haven’t used before

#7792 2 years ago
Quoted from Pablito350:

Happy Record Store Day! Did anyone get up early and wait on line?

I was in line at 5:30 and was the first person in line although I go to one of the smaller record shops in town. I picked up the Dead box set, Iggy Pop live album and the David Bowie EP.

#7810 1 year ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

24 hrs. later, it came out great!
Looks and sounds much better!

I can’t believe that works but I’ve never looked into or heard of that method. So you slather Elmers glue on and then what?

4 weeks later
#8006 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Tool Fear Inoculum 5LP $119
amazon.com link »
[quoted image]

That’s a great deal. I payed considerably more than that!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=Krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.