IMG_20240423_183930.jpg
IMG_20240423_183443.jpg
IMG_20240423_171908.jpg
IMG_20240423_172259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240423_171028__01 (resized).jpg
20240423_073739 (resized).jpg
IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EdisonArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2120 6 years ago

I want to join the vinyl club!
I kept about half of my original stuff from the early 80's: AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Rush, B52's, Adam Ant, etc...
I inherited a bunch of Beatles, Stones, Kingston Trio and Ray Charles from my parents.
My most beloved album is my original Disney Haunted Mansion with picture book.
Confession: my first album bought with my own money was Xanadu soundtrack. Still have it...Ahhh, Olivia Newton John.
This last weekend I stumbled on a really cool record I love, that was never released in the US on vinyl and has 3 bonus tracks:
001 (resized).JPG001 (resized).JPG

002 (resized).JPG002 (resized).JPG

#2150 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Let there be ROCK! None of that Brian Johnson bullshit either.

Nice records.
Brian Johnson KICKED ASS in a role someone had to fill.

#2169 6 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Landed on the doorstep today! The Art of Noise - Awesome sounding cool blue vinyl!

Nice!

2 weeks later
#2233 6 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Had one of my best record store hauls in some time. Condition was only fair but the price was $4 and $5 each.

Nice haul!!!

#2241 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The only Crue album worth owning $10.
amazon.com link »

Ordered. Thanks vid, you're the best!

#2264 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Thanks Vid, arrived today. Suffered with that .96 Amazon tax.

Nice! Me too. 001 (resized).JPG001 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#2451 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Moved everything to the room next door. Finally got the painting done. I'm getting too old for painting!
Nice to have a little more room.

Pantera on the big screen?? Fulltilt, you rock! Any vinyl?

1 month later
#2517 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

First course.

Ahhh, the good old days when the classic rock stations would play "Waitin' for the Bus" right into "Jesus Just Left Chicago"

#2527 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Almost forgot how great this was. We will rock you!
Rock on Wayne.. Rock on Garth!

Great great bass..

Great album!
Had to post this Family Guy reference:

1 week later
#2584 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

And one of my favorite ever album covers.

Yes! I have a decent spare cover in an album frame as decoration. Interesting article about the model:
https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/herb-alperts-whipped-cream-lady-now-76-living-in-longview-and-looking-back/

#2598 5 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Lastest finds at the weekend flea market.

Nice! Jim Croce is the coolest, and Darkstar is an awesome track from CSN

#2618 5 years ago

Rick and Morty soundtrack with a double LP colored vinyl coming soon:
https://nerdist.com/rick-and-morty-soundtrack-double-album-terryfold/

rick-morty-album-release-date (resized).jpgrick-morty-album-release-date (resized).jpg

#2632 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Joe Walsh... played thru a Pioneer SX-980 receiver and Ohm Walsh II speakers

10 Thumbs up!!!
Such a cool sounding, mellow album with the synth and flute. "Dreams" is one of my favorites from a long time Joe Walsh fan.
thumbnail_IMG_20180715_145259342 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_20180715_145259342 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#2889 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Some nights I just spin 4 or 5 Dan records in a row. Just amazing.
[quoted image]

Yes!!

3 weeks later
#3025 5 years ago

.99 cent Goodwill find. Excellent condition
IMG_20180930_205224661 (resized).jpgIMG_20180930_205224661 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Newer metal band, Green Death, good stuff.
[quoted image]

Awesome cover art!

#3065 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image]

OK, that's weird. I haven't listened to or even thought of The Cult for many years, and this exact album came up in conversation earlier today. I made a reference to the fur hat on the cover.

#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from shock_me:

Always loved Gerry[quoted image]

Incredible Album!! "Right Down The Line" is my wife & my song.

1 month later
#3249 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

That's awesome. Anyone remember "What Up Dog", "Earth To Doris" and "Dad I'm in Jail" being featured on MTV's Liquid Television around '92? Those were some memorable animations to match those tracks. Damn that was an awesome show....Aeon Flux, Beavis & Butthead, Stick Figure Theater. Groundbreaking.

I wondered where I remembered "Dad I'm in jail" from. That had to be it. Also used to go to the "Spike and Mike Sick and Twisted Animation Festival" when it came around.

1 week later
#3283 5 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Every year I bust out a good bottle of bourbon and sit down and play the first four (and most vital) U2 records. I was a total U2 fanboy in the 80’s and thought they could do no wrong. Well that was true for about 10 years. Either way, these are all great and I really enjoy doing this every year.
[quoted image]

Yes!
Buddy and I pondered seeing them in 83 in Seattle when I was 15 but didn't... Hindsight.

1 week later
#3303 5 years ago

Since I just scored this at Goodwill today, I thought it might be fun to share favorite Holiday albums.
IMG_20181212_003404054 (resized).jpgIMG_20181212_003404054 (resized).jpg

These are a few of our family's staples from when I was a kid:
IMG_20181212_004837257 (resized).jpgIMG_20181212_004837257 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#3363 5 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Only recently discovered this group and while I don’t buy much new stuff the wife and I have just re-discovered all the vinyl we used to play together when we first met when we were 18 (36 years ago!) and have dragged it out of storage, brought a cheap record player and set it up in our arcade. There is nothing better than drinking and playing the actual records we played all those years ago before kids, mortgage’s etc. It’s the simple things
[quoted image]

Great picture! Lots to look at. I think it would make an awesome puzzle, like those garage scenes etc...

1 month later
#3504 5 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I just picked this up on Friday.
It's in great condition!
This is why albums are so freaking cool!

Nice find! I love their version of Bouree. I didn't remember that pop-up though...because I never knew it existed.

IMG_20190127_112049957 (resized).jpgIMG_20190127_112049957 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#3685 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

A few may relate. Got a nerve root injection today for my L3 disc.
It’s so good...

Nice! I want to play. For me it's day #10 since I purchased 6 screws & 2 plates fusing L4-L5-S1
I'm sure it's just the beginning of a wonderful journey

#3688 5 years ago

Thanks man. Some early MTV music always makes me feel younger...
IMG_20190311_190948770 (resized).jpgIMG_20190311_190948770 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#3804 5 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

This seemed appropriate for the times
[quoted image]

Nice! I like that cover art more than what was used on the game.

2 weeks later
#3856 4 years ago

Nice! Great old tune!

#3870 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Whats the best Scorpions album?

Good question!
Best 3 albums IMO:
SICX-30013 (resized).jpgSICX-30013 (resized).jpg
ScorpionsAnimalMagnetism (resized).jpgScorpionsAnimalMagnetism (resized).jpg
Scorpions_Backout (resized).pngScorpions_Backout (resized).png

#3871 4 years ago

Coast to Coast-Love the 3 guitars!

2 weeks later
#3928 4 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Brimfield Antiques Fair here in MA had records galore. Bought a couple Monkees, Berlin, Stones, and Best Little Whorehouse in Texas lol
[quoted image]

Oh, I like those Wild Things figures! They'd look too cool posed together, dancing around.

4 weeks later
#4014 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

I like your gumball machine. I've always wanted a nice Ford on it's own stand.

2 months later
#4344 4 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

And just like pins, the vinyl seems to multiply quickly. When I first came across this thread I had a dusty turntable in the basement and maybe two dozen records, tops. Lightning had blown up our TV and my wife suggested not replacing it... so out came an amplifier and speakers and the fun began.
I was rearranging furniture the other day and realized I've bought another couple hundred since then. Not complaining though, it has re-ignited my love of listening to music that had gotten tarnished over the years by all the MP3 and streaming options... I used to never put a cassette away until I'd played through the whole thing and had forgotten how much more I enjoy getting into a whole album rather than just a couple random songs. For that, I thank you guys.
[quoted image]

Like the Cassius!!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

4 weeks later
#4467 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Well I did it. I warped a brand new record. I set it down on my Xbox and forgot it was there. The kids started playing and the record was blocking the fan, so it got very hot.
Anyone here have any success flattening records? This one is very thick. I’ve read about ovens and glass but I don’t know if I want to attempt that. It seems safer to just take the loss.[quoted image]

Well, if it makes you feel better, I've done the same thing to brand new vinyl. Mine was left on the front seat of my car on a summer day.

3 weeks later
#4555 4 years ago

Wow that Seeburg is awesome looking. Have you thought of posting a video of it changing and playing? I could watch that all day...

5 months later
#5156 3 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

So with my wealth of corona quarantine free time I built a cabinet for my excess vinyl. I used the single plywood sheet plans that have been floating around forever.[quoted image]

Extra thumbs up for Friend or Foe - the Grump.

#5160 3 years ago
#5206 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

(I'm expecting to get razzed for the song,...)

Not me!
IMG_20200504_112050458 (resized).jpgIMG_20200504_112050458 (resized).jpg

#5212 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Red/Blue Helmet album. Awesome! Want it!

1 year later
#7264 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:Back to the Cars tonight. Heartbeat City
Japan press.
[quoted image]

Hey Gonzo, nice collection!
I'm curious though why all the Japanese pressings? Are you living there now, or are they superior in some way?

1 week later
#7295 2 years ago

Good topic. Found this when I searched for the differences.

From AudioAdvice:

"There are several factors that can adversely affect the sound of your turntable. As your stylus is tracking through the grooves, you only want it to pick up what is in those grooves and nothing else. Well, what if you had a big fat, high torque motor sitting right under the platter? That’s what you have with direct drive, and thus you run the risk of the noise from the motor getting into your platter and being picked up as a background rumble by your stylus.

Belt-drive inherently helps isolate the platter from the motor because the only connection is a rubber belt. Almost all belt-drive turntables worth any salt also suspend the motor so it is not fully connected to your turntable. Some even have it totally separate from the turntable. The odds are, this method is going to have less chance of motor noise getting into your sound."

It seems direct drive's main benefits are mostly for DJs.
Speed control, free spinning (backwards), and no lag in gettin up to speed.

1 week later
#7436 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I picked up this acrylic turntable platform with Sorbothane feet from a great seller on eBay. Very nice and very heavy.
[quoted image]

Damn! That's nice.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EdisonArcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl?tu=EdisonArcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.