IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0191 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0186 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
20240421_190833 (resized).jpg
There are 13,125 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 263.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

New one tonight thanks to three60in at toadhallonline.com. It put my baby to sleep, so it's worth its weight in gold.

"...........Freddy get ready, rock steady! When Johnny strikes up the band."

#152 7 years ago

I'm in. I used to spin house music. When my daughter was born I sold my MK2'step-son and pioneer mixer. I couldn't bring myself to sell my vinyl so I gave it all to my buddy in Ohio. I got back into collecting records about two years ago. No more house/ drum and bass / breakbeats. Now it's everything from Abba to zappa.

20160921_084319 (resized).jpg20160921_084319 (resized).jpg

20160921_084446 (resized).jpg20160921_084446 (resized).jpg

20160921_084500 (resized).jpg20160921_084500 (resized).jpg

20160921_084514 (resized).jpg20160921_084514 (resized).jpg

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from Fixie:

Received a Denon turntable for Christmas in 1986. It still works flawlessly.

Yep..I love my denon.. my dad and my uncle when in halfsies Onnit back in the eighties. He said he spent over a thousand on it back then. It's still going for a good price on eBay. But I wouldn't sell it just due to sentimental value. I have to take mine apart because the right Channel is out. But luckily I have a back-up

20160921_084319 (resized).jpg20160921_084319 (resized).jpg

1474462944249-1769407339 (resized).jpg1474462944249-1769407339 (resized).jpg

#154 7 years ago

That wood grain. Drool.

#156 7 years ago

Funny, I just created a Pinside account yesterday and my first post here has nothing to do with pinball... go figure.

I've been fascinated with music from a VERY young age, from creating to re-creating it and spent the majority of my life immersing myself in anything and everything to do with it. From playing lots of different instruments and being in bands, to being a professional Dj for over 15 years, to owning a sound/lighting company on the side, it's just something I'm very passionate about.

I will go on record now and admit that I am a bit of a vinyl junkie. (kinda goes hand in hand with being a Dj) I'm not sure exactly how many records I've got in my library but I figure it's somewhere between 7,500 and 10,000pcs and it continues to grow weekly. I just started compiling my collection using the Discgos app about a month ago and I'm currently up to 2,906 pieces. (I can't post a URL to my Discog's collection ue to Pinside newbie rules) Takes a while but I'm getting there, and it's surprising to see some of the values associated with certain pieces.

I've got a couple of different rigs setup at my place depending on what I'm doing... There is my standard Dj rig (pair of 1200M3D/Shure M44-7) which I obviously only use for practice/work. Then I've got one of my SL1200LTD's with a somewhat rare original Stanton 890AL (from their factory in NY state in the early 90's when they still made decent quality products) setup in the family room for when we are just casually listening / etnertaining. Then I've got my other SL1200LTD setup in my listening room loaded with an Ortofon 2M Black on my tube rig for when we are serious about actually sitting and auditioning a record. (which we do A LOT)

I'm constantly tweaking my tube rig... I've re-capped my entire pre-amp and slightly modded my tube amp caps and internal signal wires so far and added the 2M black a couple months ago (which I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for a killer MM cart). As happy as I am with my setup, I still can't seem to stop looking at the Oracle Delphi or the VPI Reference turntables... Or upgrading my pre-amp... or... or... or...

It's a sickness, just like collecting pins!

D

#157 7 years ago

Picked up some stuff on my lunch break!

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#158 7 years ago

Nice picks, I've got a couple of those myself.

Please tell me the glass cleaner is for your pins and not for cleaning the wax.

D

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from Menace:

Nice picks, I've got a couple of those myself.
Please tell me the glass cleaner is for your pins and not for cleaning the wax.
D

The owner of the record store swears by it and gave it to me. I'm mighty skeptical myself and haven't used it. Need to look at the ingredients. Definitely don't need some kind of solvent burning it's way through my Thriller album.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Picked up some stuff on my lunch break!

I have five of those as well, we obviously both have great taste. Some Enchanted Evening is killer.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Furutech makes a record flattener for about $2500...I can't imagine why it costs so damn much. Best situation is to know someone who already has one and get in line...I think it takes about 4 hours per.

If anyone needs LPS flattened I have a Furutech. I typically charge $5 per. But pinside discounts apply. How about 6 for $20. if I can't straighten I don't charge. It does an incredible job. But certain warps can't be fixed. Like extreme heat damage. But the typical warp caused by sitting sideways in a box for 20 years is easily fixable. Also there are lots of different types of vinyl. Anything from the 90s forward is easily fixable because they have used a higher grade of vinyl pellet.

Also it does take 4 hrs per lp. 2 to heat and 2 to cool. Why does it cost so much?..why is batman 66 10k... GREED ( insert Adams family game sound)

Quoted from dookski:

New one tonight thanks to three60in at toadhallonline.com. It put my baby to sleep, so it's worth its weight in gold.

Glad it's got a great new home! Nothing like that instant discount. Haha.

1474507699911-983741763 (resized).jpg1474507699911-983741763 (resized).jpg

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from Menace:

Funny, I just created a Pinside account yesterday and my first post here has nothing to do with pinball... go figure.
I've been fascinated with music from a VERY young age, from creating to re-creating it and spent the majority of my life immersing myself in anything and everything to do with it. From playing lots of different instruments and being in bands, to being a professional Dj for over 15 years, to owning a sound/lighting company on the side, it's just something I'm very passionate about.
I will go on record now and admit that I am a bit of a vinyl junkie. (kinda goes hand in hand with being a Dj) I'm not sure exactly how many records I've got in my library but I figure it's somewhere between 7,500 and 10,000pcs and it continues to grow weekly. I just started compiling my collection using the Discgos app about a month ago and I'm currently up to 2,906 pieces. (I can't post a URL to my Discog's collection ue to Pinside newbie rules) Takes a while but I'm getting there, and it's surprising to see some of the values associated with certain pieces.
I've got a couple of different rigs setup at my place depending on what I'm doing... There is my standard Dj rig (pair of 1200M3D/Shure M44-7) which I obviously only use for practice/work. Then I've got one of my SL1200LTD's with a somewhat rare original Stanton 890AL (from their factory in NY state in the early 90's when they still made decent quality products) setup in the family room for when we are just casually listening / etnertaining. Then I've got my other SL1200LTD setup in my listening room loaded with an Ortofon 2M Black on my tube rig for when we are serious about actually sitting and auditioning a record. (which we do A LOT)
I'm constantly tweaking my tube rig... I've re-capped my entire pre-amp and slightly modded my tube amp caps and internal signal wires so far and added the 2M black a couple months ago (which I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone looking for a killer MM cart). As happy as I am with my setup, I still can't seem to stop looking at the Oracle Delphi or the VPI Reference turntables... Or upgrading my pre-amp... or... or... or...
It's a sickness, just like collecting pins!
D

What do you think of the Ortofon 2M Black cart? What type of music is it best for?

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

The owner of the record store swears by it and gave it to me. I'm mighty skeptical myself and haven't used it. Need to look at the ingredients. Definitely don't need some kind of solvent burning it's way through my Thriller album.

And people think there's controversy over how to clean pinball playfields.... wait until this turns into the how to clean vinyl records thread. Let the war of pseudoscience begin!

#164 7 years ago

I'm another one of you in the 1000s of records categories. I buy anything that looks cool.

I also DJ, scratch, and make beats so I've got 4 Technics 1200s (2 M3Ds and 2 M5Gs) and the coveted Vestax Controller 1 turntable that has pitch settings in key so you can play notes with your samples.

I've spent so many hours digging and listening and scratching with records that it's really heavily ingrained in my family. I've found records in some of the most obscure places because I'm always on the hunt.

I'm just now putting the finishing touches on an 80s mix I've been working on for years. It's all 12" single versions of songs (with extended parts that even sound better because of the way they are pressed). So, continuously mixed the 12" versions of the base songs together and then added 100s of samples from all different types of soundtracks, video game records, etc. (anything 80s). I'll try to post it here when I finish.

#165 7 years ago

Anyone from NY, NJ or PA, remember these guys?

rtr (resized).jpgrtr (resized).jpg

gr2 (resized).jpggr2 (resized).jpg

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I have five of those as well, we obviously both have great taste. Some Enchanted Evening is killer.

I agree. Some Enchanted Evening is one of my favorite live records.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I agree. Some Enchanted Evening is one of my favorite live records.

Don't forget "On Your Feet, Or On Your Knees".

#168 7 years ago

I have about 300-400 45's here. Started collecting them after I got my NSM Hit 120 jukebox

10155616_1426236640968514_8261025117255607998_n (resized).jpg10155616_1426236640968514_8261025117255607998_n (resized).jpg

#169 7 years ago

Proud to be a card carrying member of the club. Yesterday's haul:

haul (resized).jpghaul (resized).jpg

#170 7 years ago

Not actually vinyl but i consider myself a vinyl collector.
Here are a few of my babys
--Jeff

20151115_122922 (resized).jpg20151115_122922 (resized).jpg
20151115_122957 (resized).jpg20151115_122957 (resized).jpg
20151115_123035 (resized).jpg20151115_123035 (resized).jpg
20151115_123106 (resized).jpg20151115_123106 (resized).jpg
20151115_123226 (resized).jpg20151115_123226 (resized).jpg
20151115_123130 (resized).jpg20151115_123130 (resized).jpg

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Don't forget "On Your Feet, Or On Your Knees".

Absolutely! Great version of "Cities on Flames".

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

What do you think of the Ortofon 2M Black cart? What type of music is it best for?

It honestly blew my mind, that's the best way I can describe it. Best money I spent on my rig all year, and I'm now of the opinion the cartridge is probably the most important piece of equipment in any rig as long as the rest of your kit is of good quality. (only makes sense given the cart is where it all starts right?) As for type of music, I literally listen to everything and my collection follows suit and this thing has made everything I've thrown at it sound better.

I never had the pleasure of auditioning one before, but after getting into a discussion with some people I know during a visit to Nashville this summer (and trust their opinion when it comes to audio/music) the topic of the 2M Black came up. I had no intentions of ever buying one until then, and on a whim picked one up. Until it arrived I kept second guessing the decision given the cost. I was having a difficult time understanding just how much better my records could sound, and if the cost of admission was really going to be worth it? That doubt dissolved VERY quickly once I aligned it on a new headshell using the Baerwald arc protractor and auditioned some of my favorite pieces. Everything I've thrown at this thing sounds so open and detailed. Now I will say that due to the cut of the stylus if your records are not really clean, this cart will pickup more surface noise than a standard elip because it sits that much further down into the groove, so if you do decide to pick one up don't be alarmed if that's what you end up hearing. (just means you have to keep your records really clean, or replace ones that are too far gone/worn)

If you don't want to splurge on a 2M Black the Bronze is also a decent choice, and the nice thing about that is if you ever want to upgrade to a Black you can just purchase the stylus as they use the same cartridge body. The 2M Blue and Red are the entry level versions, which are also decent based on reviews I've read but they cannot be upgraded to Bronze or Black as the cart internals are different.

D

2m Black (resized).jpg2m Black (resized).jpg

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

CRAMPS!!!!!!
Is that a live album? I haven't seen that one yet and I thought I had the majority of thier vinyl.

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

I don't own any Japanese pressings but I've aways been interested to know how they sound... The consensus is they are of high quality but that they can be a little on the bright side.

D

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from renodakota:

CRAMPS!!!!!!
Is that a live album? I haven't seen that one yet and I thought I had the majority of thier vinyl.

Yes. It is an "unofficial" release: https://www.discogs.com/Cramps-Weekend-On-Mars-Club-57-Irving-Plaza-New-York-NY-Aug-18-1979-FM-Radio-Broadcast/release/7071956

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from Menace:

I don't own any Japanese pressings but I've aways been interested to know how they sound... The consensus is they are of high quality but that they can be a little on the bright side.
D

They are definitely mastered differently than their western counterparts and some tend to be a little bit brighter. Not overwhelming so, though. Very quiet to my ears also. Most of the Japanese stuff I have is very well pressed. They also always seem to be well looked after by their previous owners. Those three I picked up yesterday are just flat out dead mint; sleeves, inserts and vinyl.

#177 7 years ago

My son collects 45s. He picked up this jukebox a month or 2 ago and cleaned it up nicely.

20160903_200546 (resized).jpg20160903_200546 (resized).jpg

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from selektor6:

My son collects 45s. He picked up this jukebox a month or 2 ago and cleaned it up nicely.

Sweet lighting in that room!

#179 7 years ago

This album was released on CD but made for vinyl. Finally picked up an original pressing.

Stonetemplepilotstinymusic (resized).jpegStonetemplepilotstinymusic (resized).jpeg

#180 7 years ago

Tiny Music might have been in my first dozen cd purchases. It's playing in my head now.

#181 7 years ago

Now playing- "Hit the North" the Fall

#182 7 years ago

Having been born in 1959, I was raised on vinyl. Here's a few photos of my vintage stereo system. The turntable and quad receiver are both made by Marantz. The cassette deck is a Tandberg. The scope is a Panasonic.

Because my line-up is largely comprised of EMs and prewar games, I typically spin vinyl records while playing pinball. The EM sounds complement the music, in my view. The ambiance transports me back four decades.

20160522_234604 (resized).jpg20160522_234604 (resized).jpg

20160522_234824 (resized).jpg20160522_234824 (resized).jpg

20160522_234742 (resized).jpg20160522_234742 (resized).jpg

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

Now playing- "Hit the North" the Fall

The Fall, "always the same but different" total of 33 so far, still a lot more to get!

IMG_6243 (resized).JPGIMG_6243 (resized).JPG

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Having been born in 1959, I was raised on vinyl. Here's a few photos of my vintage stereo system. The turntable and quad receiver are both made by Marantz. The cassette deck is a Tandberg. The scope is a Panasonic.
Because my line-up is largely comprised of EMs and prewar games, I typically spin vinyl records while playing pinball. The EM sounds complement the music, in my view. The ambiance transports me back four decades.

Nice ceiling height in your basement!

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

The Fall, "always the same but different" total of 33 so far, still a lot more to get!

Nice! I try to buy one whenever I see one but it doesn't happen often enough! Are those originals or are they rereleasing a lot of those? I don't spend much time in record stores, but always flip through "F".

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Because my line-up is largely comprised of EMs and prewar games, I typically spin vinyl records while playing pinball. The EM sounds complement the music, in my view. The ambiance transports me back four decades.</

I love your basement! Nice!

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

Nice! I try to buy one whenever I see one but it doesn't happen often enough! Are those originals or are they rereleasing a lot of those? I don't spend much time in record stores, but always flip through "F".

Most are originals I started buying around 1989 till a few years ago, their are just so many releases to get them all! some of the earlier albums I have from pre 1989 are reissues. Quite a few of their albums, but not all, have been rereleased at some point over the years, a used copy you may come across could be either an original or a reissue.

#189 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Looks like a really amazing place to hang out.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from Menace:

It honestly blew my mind, that's the best way I can describe it. Best money I spent on my rig all year, and I'm now of the opinion the cartridge is probably the most important piece of equipment in any rig as long as the rest of your kit is of good quality. (only makes sense given the cart is where it all starts right?) As for type of music, I literally listen to everything and my collection follows suit and this thing has made everything I've thrown at it sound better.
I never had the pleasure of auditioning one before, but after getting into a discussion with some people I know during a visit to Nashville this summer (and trust their opinion when it comes to audio/music) the topic of the 2M Black came up. I had no intentions of ever buying one until then, and on a whim picked one up. Until it arrived I kept second guessing the decision given the cost. I was having a difficult time understanding just how much better my records could sound, and if the cost of admission was really going to be worth it? That doubt dissolved VERY quickly once I aligned it on a new headshell using the Baerwald arc protractor and auditioned some of my favorite pieces. Everything I've thrown at this thing sounds so open and detailed. Now I will say that due to the cut of the stylus if your records are not really clean, this cart will pickup more surface noise than a standard elip because it sits that much further down into the groove, so if you do decide to pick one up don't be alarmed if that's what you end up hearing. (just means you have to keep your records really clean, or replace ones that are too far gone/worn)
If you don't want to splurge on a 2M Black the Bronze is also a decent choice, and the nice thing about that is if you ever want to upgrade to a Black you can just purchase the stylus as they use the same cartridge body. The 2M Blue and Red are the entry level versions, which are also decent based on reviews I've read but they cannot be upgraded to Bronze or Black as the cart internals are different.
D

I have been seriously thinking of upgrading to a better cart, and the bronze might be something I can dip my toe in to see the difference. Honestly speaking, I'm not sure my ear is going to be able to hear the difference, but won't know until I've experienced it.

I have a lot of 45s as well - what is the best all around cart for 45 playing? I play everything from Bing Crosby to Faith No More, so there are a lot of different pressings and types of vinyl.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Looks like a really amazing place to hang out.

Thanks for the positive comments. I have 6 small (but efficient) Energy speakers positioned throughout the gameroom. The 3rd photo depicts two speakers facing the rear of my basement. The 4th photo shows two speakers atop the dresser facing the side wall. The 5th photo displays the third pair of speakers on shelves at the entrance of my gameroom. I love the warm sound produced by vintage seventies Marantz equipment.

The last photo shows the Sansui stereo system I had in my college dorm (from 1977 - 1981). Back then, I couldn't afford Marantz nor the other high-end brands. Sansui was an economical work-horse alternative. Today, those relatively inexpensive Sansui receivers and amplifiers are sought after by audiophiles.

Looking back, I can't help but smile by the psychedelic light boxes in my dormitory room. The circular one rotated in a hypnotic fashion whereas the square one flashed 9 colored lights, synced to the music. That bookcase is devoid of books. How did I ever graduate? :>

20160430_001817 (resized).jpg20160430_001817 (resized).jpg

20160522_234200 (resized).jpg20160522_234200 (resized).jpg

20160522_234841 (resized).jpg20160522_234841 (resized).jpg

20160522_234950 (resized).jpg20160522_234950 (resized).jpg

20160522_233945 (resized).jpg20160522_233945 (resized).jpg

20141229_222950 (resized).jpg20141229_222950 (resized).jpg

#192 7 years ago

So cool!!

I don't know what these two things are but I need them now!!!

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

So cool!!
I don't know what these two things are but I need them now!!!

Both of these games are unusual and both are tremendous fun.

The first game is a 2006 Rockin' Bowl-O-Rama by Namco. In my opinion, it's the most successful video bowling game. The designers of this very clever arcade game consulted with professional bowlers in developing the software. The player controls the ball's spin and speed in a manner which mimics real bowling. This game is a great addition to a home gameroom. They originally sold for $4,275. Fully restored ones currently sell for $1,800 to $2,800 and they are well worth that price. Occasionally, they show up for sale for considerably less. However, the Bowl-O-Rama projects can be costly to restore for the novice. Flash drives do exist to replace the original hard drive. But, installation of the flash drive can be problematic because the designers incorporated systems to resist manipulation of their proprietary product. Replacement vintage ashtrays (which are always damaged or missing) are still available (but expensive). There's a standard arcade cabinet version, which lacks the charm. Needless to say, the retro Brunswick Bowling Alley scoring table cabinet is the signature aesthetic feature. Below is a video posted by Ray Brackins of Wide Area Pinball in PA as well as the specifications and manufacturer's description of the game.

Rockin’ Bowl-O-Rama
$4,275.00
With Jukebox songs
Dimensions: H: 63″, W: 31″, D: 33″
Weight (lbs): 320
Condition: Showroom Floor
Manufacturer: Namco Bandai Games
This is the stylish deluxe cabinet version of the new Rockin’ Bowl-O-Rama. Up to four players can compete in several play modes including Half-Game regulation Ten Pin Bowling, Full game regulation, three game series regulation ten pin bowling, ten pin poker, trick shot bowling, and Blackjack Bowling where you knock down 21 pins out of three full racks without going over to win! Packed with over thirty Rockin’ 50’s songs, selectable balls and weights, slow motion replays, advanced real-world physics modeling graphics, and all of the excitement of bowling without the stinky shoes!

The second game is a 1970 Sega Gun Fight. Here's a good demonstration of the Gun Fight's gameplay, which I found on youtube:

Incidentally, I have some extra parts for Gun Fight (including an extra cabinet, canopy and pair of gunslinger mannequins) should anyone need such parts. Feel free to send me a private message. Donation will be made to Pinside in the event of any such sale.

#194 7 years ago

20160924_191035 (resized).jpg20160924_191035 (resized).jpg20160924_190907 (resized).jpg20160924_190907 (resized).jpg20160924_191150 (resized).jpg20160924_191150 (resized).jpg
I collected a few hundred LPs and a few thousand 45's and all kinds of equipment. Everything makes a difference M1 speaker cables, phono stage, interconnects, isolation transformer.... My system was to the point where I was limited by the daily variation in my own hearing and recording quality. I could swap in a different "quality" amp or speakers and instantly hear how bad they really are. I traded my best amp to my brother (a tube unit based on a kit) and currently run an adcom in going to do some upgrades on because it sounds awful, but I completely lack the serenity to sit in the sweet spot and listen to music. I listen to almost all my music at work now from FLACs on a Yamaha and Bose 301's.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Both of these games are unusual and both are tremendous fun.
The first game is a 2006 Rockin' Bowl-O-Rama by Namco. In my opinion, it's the most successful video bowling game. The designers of this very clever arcade game consulted with professional bowlers in developing the software. The player controls the ball's spin and speed in a manner which mimics real bowling. This game is a great addition to a home gameroom. They originally sold for $4,275. Fully restored ones currently sell for $1,800 to $2,800 and they are well worth that price. Occasionally, they show up for sale for considerably less. However, the Bowl-O-Rama projects can be costly to restore for the novice. Flash drives do exist to replace the original hard drive. But, installation of the flash drive can be problematic because the designers incorporated systems to resist manipulation of their proprietary product. Replacement vintage ashtrays (which are always damaged or missing) are still available (but expensive). There's a standard arcade cabinet version, which lacks the charm. Needless to say, the retro Brunswick Bowling Alley scoring table cabinet is the signature aesthetic feature. Below is a video posted by Ray Brackins of Wide Area Pinball in PA as well as the specifications and manufacturer's description of the game.
» YouTube video
Rockin’ Bowl-O-Rama
$4,275.00
With Jukebox songs
Dimensions: H: 63″, W: 31″, D: 33″
Weight (lbs): 320
Condition: Showroom Floor
Manufacturer: Namco Bandai Games
This is the stylish deluxe cabinet version of the new Rockin’ Bowl-O-Rama. Up to four players can compete in several play modes including Half-Game regulation Ten Pin Bowling, Full game regulation, three game series regulation ten pin bowling, ten pin poker, trick shot bowling, and Blackjack Bowling where you knock down 21 pins out of three full racks without going over to win! Packed with over thirty Rockin’ 50’s songs, selectable balls and weights, slow motion replays, advanced real-world physics modeling graphics, and all of the excitement of bowling without the stinky shoes!
The second game is a 1970 Sega Gun Fight. Here's a good demonstration of the Gun Fight's gameplay, which I found on youtube:
» YouTube video------
Incidentally, I have some extra parts for Gun Fight (including an extra cabinet, canopy and pair of gunslinger mannequins) should anyone need such parts. Feel free to send me a private message. Donation will be made to Pinside in the event of any such sale.

Thanks for sharing the info on those games! Really fascinating stuff. Wish I had more space for stuff like that.

Right now my basement floor is covered with Demolition Man parts.

Getting a little loud tonight with some Black Sabbath.

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I collected a few hundred LPs and a few thousand 45's and all kinds of equipment. Everything makes a difference M1 speaker cables, phono stage, interconnects, isolation transformer.... My system was to the point where I was limited by the daily variation in my own hearing and recording quality. I could swap in a different "quality" amp or speakers and instantly hear how bad they really are. I traded my best amp to my brother (a tube unit based on a kit) and currently run an adcom in going to do some upgrades on because it sounds awful, but I completely lack the serenity to sit in the sweet spot and listen to music. I listen to almost all my music at work now from FLACs on a Yamaha and Bose 301's.

Wow! That's one Appetite cover I've never seen!

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wow! That's one Appetite cover I've never seen!

That is referred to as "the robot rape cover" it was on the original run(s?) of lps and is inside (all?) the cassette liners.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

That is referred to as "the robot rape cover" it was on the original run(s?) of lps and is inside (all?) the cassette liners.

My 'Appetite' cover has that image. I remember having to hide it from my parents as a kid. And listen to it on headphones!

G N' R was so dangerous back in the late 80s, now the tunes are played on classic rock stations. So it goes...

#200 7 years ago

Record Fair today.
Hoping to keep it sensible and get a few cheap records. Last month I only bought one LP, a mint copy of Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables by Dead Kennedys.

There are 13,125 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 263.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl/page/4?hl=dookski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.