2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,819 posts
  • 220 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Chisox
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,399 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
9B03D01D-0FA9-4C81-BB9F-CA166FD1D524 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
C153ED80-2B3C-4249-90EB-D619490C069B (resized).jpeg
DB97B7DC-F631-4F09-B307-4589F3C51FE8 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
B3BDFF32-DB39-469B-9D65-EB58B838C130 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
FullSizeRender-15 (resized).jpeg
731CD1E9-C663-4C93-987A-4AF0B3639291 (resized).jpeg
39BA53DC-667E-4C9F-AEE0-57193876F5DF (resized).jpeg
ED3728F0-9C53-4E28-AAA8-1EF9225E5AC8 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-9 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-10 (resized).jpeg

There are 3819 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 77.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The first album I got was in 1973: Deep Purple- Made in Japan. It still sounds great after all these years.

That's because it was made in Japan.

#102 2 years ago

I just coming back to vinyl this year... I bought a sony 7055, speaker are kenwood LS408A cand the wonderfull technics SL-1200 MK3.

Really happy with my new setup

vinyl (resized).JPG

#103 2 years ago

Another vinyl collector here Just bought Lamb - What sound (2x180gr), Iron Maiden - Powerslave and 7th son from a 7th son (both Original) and waiting for Logic System - Logic, the 2 x 12" 45RPM version......can't wait...... Playing them with a modified Pro-Ject RPM4 with Ortofon X5-MC cartridge.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from MarAlb:

Another vinyl collector here Just bought Lamb - What sound (2x180gr), Iron Maiden - Powerslave and 7th son from a 7th son (both Original) and waiting for Logic System - Logic, the 2 x 12" 45RPM version......can't wait...... Playing them with a modified Pro-Ject RPM4 with Ortofon X5-MC cartridge.

Lamb lies down?

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Lamb lies down?

1676_foto2_product_groot (resized).jpg

Coloured vinyl and very well recorded and mastered...happy with this one.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from Redketchup:

I just coming back to vinyl this year... I bought a sony 7055, speaker are kenwood LS408A cand the wonderfull technics SL-1200 MK3.
Really happy with my new setup

Very cool! My first "high end" speakers were Kenwood LS408B's. I worked in the fields all summer baling hay to earn enough to buy them. Ordered them from Wisconsin Discountil Stereo and freighted them to upstate NY. Never forget the look on my Dad's face when the tractor trailer pulled into the driveway. They were big, well made and sounded darn good for the money. 10 systems and $100 grand later, I still miss that sound!tim054 (resized).jpg

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Very cool! My first "high end" speakers were Kenwood LS408B's. I worked in the fields all summer baling hay to earn enough to buy them. Ordered them from Wisconsin Discountil Stereo and freighted them to upstate NY. Never forget the look on my Dad's face when the tractor trailer pulled into the driveway. They were big, well made and sounded darn good for the money. 10 systems and $100 grand later, I still miss that sound!

#108 2 years ago

I wore out 3 Dark Side of the Moon records.I put them on to go to sleep at night.What I hated about records was you had to clean them all the time.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Along with Death and Taxes, another inevitability is there's always a Dan Fogelberg album in every record bin at the flea market. Oak Ridge Boys would be a close 2nd.

Don't forget this one:

Cars_-_Panorama (resized).jpg

There was a time when the used album bins were full of these.

#110 2 years ago

The night Barb and I merged and alphabetized our collections.

records (resized).jpg

#111 2 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Don't forget this one:

I love the song "Misfit Kid".

#112 2 years ago

The night Barb and I merged and alphabetized our collections.

I love alphabetizing and organizing stuff like that.

#113 2 years ago

Change name of thread to: "Pinside Vinyl Club"

I'm going to try to list my trade/wanted items this weekend.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Change name of thread to: "Pinside Vinyl Club"
I'm going to try to list my trade/wanted items this weekend.

Good call...done!

#115 2 years ago

Headed to NYC. Hope to find a few good records in Manhattan.

#116 2 years ago

NYC is a great place to dig I hear

or it was at least

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Headed to NYC. Hope to find a few good records in Manhattan.

Awesome trip..."heading to NYC for the weekend to shop for records". Let us know if you find anything, or any good shops. Looking forward to visiting NYC next April....hopefully i can find time to shop for records (probably at the same time my wife shops for everything else).

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The first album I got was in 1973: Deep Purple- Made in Japan. It still sounds great after all these years.

My favourite Deep Purple album. Saw them a couple years ago sans Blackmore. Still great

#119 2 years ago

This is a timely thread corresponding to my recent revival in interest for my vintage stereo gear. All of my equipment has been around since the 80's and still sounds fantastic. What was that? Bose Sound Dock? Sorry couldn't hear it, my Cerwins were cranked

image (resized).jpeg

#120 2 years ago

Why was this thread only started 2 days ago? Nice work OP.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from mudflap:

Mr. Marston where are youuuu?

I'm here! I've been busy this week. This thread reminds me that I have to assemble the list of vinyl records with pinball-related music that I can bring to Pinball Expo.
.................David Marston

#122 2 years ago

Bought some brand new Beatles albums this year from amazon.com....Yippee!
3 of them are mono.....
IMG_2982 (resized).JPG

Here's my 1970's vintage gear... the pre has 2 outputs for power amplifiers....can drive 4 large speakers at same time......love those meters!
IMG_0427 - Copy (resized).JPG

I have a tuner with an oscilloscope
4 (resized).jpg

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Bought some brand new Beatles albums this year from amazon.com....Yippee!
3 of them are mono.....

Here's my 1970's vintage gear... the pre has 2 outputs for power amplifiers....can drive 4 large speakers at same time......love those meters!

I have a tuner with an oscilloscope

I bought the Beatles mono set when it came out. Now I don't have to continue to source anymore original UK copies, although I still am after better Capitol versions.

That is a beautiful Marantz set up! I'm drooling!

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Muffled and crackly.
ยป YouTube video

Can you take off the speaker grills ?

I bought a 1970's Toshiba music centre and the foam surrounds of the speakers disintegrated when I started using it. I replaced them and it now sounds fantastic.

This isn't a photo of my actual one but mine is identical. It is a thing of beauty.

image.jpeg

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Can you take off the speaker grills ?
I bought a 1970's Toshiba music centre and the foam surrounds of the speakers disintegrated when I started using it. I replaced them and it now sounds fantastic.
This isn't a photo of my actual one but mine is identical. It is a thing of beauty.

I have one of those actually, but an Aiwa.

#126 2 years ago

My flea market purchases today. 9 albums for $6. They were 3 for $2.

Gumball machine $2
Jukebox radio $3
Penny Arcade sign $5
Power strips 2 for $3

20160917_125436 (resized).jpg

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I bought Weird Al's latest album on vinyl after seeing his show live but the record is warped.
Any easy tricks to fix a warped record?

If it's only slightly warped you can stack a bunch of books (like encyclopedias) on it for a few days. If it's bad I've heard you can put it in the oven for a couple minutes (need to Google the right temp) then do the books stacked on top.

#128 2 years ago

Furutech makes a record flattener for about $2500...I can't imagine why it costs so damn much. Best situation is to know someone who already has one and get in line...I think it takes about 4 hours per.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Perspex:

Furutech makes a record flattener for about $2500...I can't imagine why it costs so damn much. Best situation is to know someone who already has one and get in line...I think it takes about 4 hours per.

I think a replacement disk would be cheaper.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I think a replacement disk would be cheaper.

Yes, but what if you found a warped hot stamper pressing of...

image (resized).jpeg

#131 2 years ago

Sooo happy! Got the old Sansui sounding beautiful again! Turns out it was a blown fuse! Who knew vintage stereo equipment and pinball could have so much in common. Can't wait to listen to albums all night!

#132 2 years ago

Received a Denon turntable for Christmas in 1986. It still works flawlessly.

#133 2 years ago

Had these pictures in another post, but I think they kinda fit here.
My friend closed his record store last month, and gave me the counter.
I think it's pretty cool! Now I need to find a place to put it.

DSC01395 (resized).JPG

DSC01396 (resized).JPG

#134 2 years ago

I bought this one just for the jacket.

It has to be the creepiest album cover I've ever seen!

rabbit (resized).JPG

#135 2 years ago

I bought this one just for the jacket.
It has to be the creepiest album cover I've ever seen!

Wow...is damn right twisted.

#136 2 years ago

System is all hooked up and sounding better than I could have imagined!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#137 2 years ago

I like that cabinet holding the receiver. ^^

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I like that cabinet holding the receiver. ^^

Thanks! $270 at Homegoods. Was happy to find something with a vintage feel.

#139 2 years ago

Closing the night with Oh! Sweet Nothin'

image (resized).jpeg

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

That's funny, I was thinking of playing Loaded today, but got side tracked.

IMG_6229 (resized).JPG

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

Quoted from Joydivision:

Three in a row? Actually just got it today.

image (resized).jpeg

This mornings haul:

image (resized).jpeg

#142 2 years ago

IMG_3567 (resized).JPG

Interesting threesome arrived today.

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from dookski:

That gets a lot of rotation here too

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

Nice avatar. Have you listened to the new Nick Cave /Bad Seeds? It's on my list to buy.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Nice avatar. Have you listened to the new Nick Cave /Bad Seeds? It's on my list to buy.

Yes, bought the lp & have had a few listens, great album, actually, a really great album that's getting better with more listens, however the vinyl pressing itself sounds terrible! mine was dirty out of the sleeve from new, marks, distortion, skipping a bit & sounded flat. very disappointing, returned it for another, the same (a bit worse actually) basically unplayable. It looks like the majority are like that when you look at what other people are saying at Discogs. I'm listening to the digital download that it came with instead. So, the lp is for looks only for me! Another strange thing is the jacket is way bigger than the insert but is very difficult to slide the sleeve back in, very tight fit.

Here are the comments on Discogs

https://www.discogs.com/Nick-Cave-The-Bad-Seeds-Skeleton-Tree/release/8989572

IMG_6232 (resized).JPG

#146 2 years ago

All those Loadeds, nice! Since there he wasn't on the record last night, here's tonight's pick. Fear is a Man's Best Friend.

image (resized).jpeg

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

Yes, bought the lp & have had a few listens, great album, actually, a really great album that's getting better with more listens, however the vinyl pressing itself sounds terrible! mine was dirty out of the sleeve from new, marks, distortion, skipping a bit & sounded flat. very disappointing, returned it for another, the same (a bit worse actually) basically unplayable. It looks like the majority are like that when you look at what other people are saying at Discogs. I'm listening to the digital download that it came with instead. So, the lp is for looks only for me! Another strange thing is the jacket is way bigger than the insert but is very difficult to slide the sleeve back in, very tight fit.
Here are the comments on Discogs
https://www.discogs.com/Nick-Cave-The-Bad-Seeds-Skeleton-Tree/release/8989572

That sucks. I have heard the album and agree it's great. I might wait to get it until they do another pressing. The one downside to the resurgence of vinyl is that there are a lot of bad pressings out there. I have copies that I've returned twice only to have the third one be garbage too. frustrating.

#148 2 years ago

I buy cheap bulk lots of records. Condition & jacket quality doesn't matter. Just enjoying listening to vinyl like when i grew up. Some how all my old records & stereo system went some where in my 20's. Got back into vinyl a few years ago when I turned 50. Now even the younger guys into pinball are getting into vinyl. I give away stuff that doesn't interest me for free, & one guy makes coasters. So far I have purged about 50% what I bought cheap. One large group had saw dust, mold, or dampness to some records. These still played ok, but I threw out the jacket covers. We get lucky in my city to have great older bands play a small number of their songs at a tiny venue here in Halifax. http://weirrockin.com/
Also got to see many decent bands playing the college or bar (club) scene here. One of my friends gave me a bunch of Prism albums.
IMG_0150 (resized).JPG
IMG_0151 (resized).JPG
IMG_0152 (resized).JPG

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

That sucks. I have heard the album and agree it's great. I might wait to get it until they do another pressing. The one downside to the resurgence of vinyl is that there are a lot of bad pressings out there. I have copies that I've returned twice only to have the third one be garbage too. frustrating.

You would think the difference between the same pressings shouldn't be that different.

Speaking of pressings, anyone ever notice that the 60's/70's Capitol albums sound like shit? Nice to to look at though. I've yet to find a great sounding Beach Boys album from that era.

#150 2 years ago

New one tonight thanks to three60in at toadhallonline.com. It put my baby to sleep, so it's worth its weight in gold.

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 115.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 20.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 69.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 6.00
Electronics
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
There are 3819 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside