IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0191 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0186 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
20240421_190833 (resized).jpg
There are 13,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 263.
#1401 6 years ago

"She said her stereo was 4 way and I'd just love it in her room!"

IMG_1214 (resized).JPGIMG_1214 (resized).JPG

#1402 6 years ago

$2 was the day...

IMG_1216 (resized).JPGIMG_1216 (resized).JPG

#1403 6 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Saw them in Salt Lake City years ago with a symphony orchestra.They were fantastic. I saw they are playing again in Vegas next year at the Wynn.

They play out a lot apparently. My mother-in-law is a big fan and she goes to see them multiple times a year.

#1404 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

They play out a lot apparently. My mother-in-law is a big fan and she goes to see them multiple times a year.

They tour a lot. I've seen them 4 times in the last 3 years and could have seen them on more dates.

The show is basically the same, set list hardly changes. I did catch Haywood on a small solo tour that was even better. He did "Forever Autumn", it was magical.

#1405 6 years ago

'Alo there lads and lasses. New to Pinside but a HUGE vinyl and HiFI fanatic! Grew up on rock-n-roll, old-school country/rockabilly as a child. Teens were Metal, Punk (Oi!, Straight Edge, Hardcore, etc.), Ska, Rocksteady and early Reggae. Also into Psychobilly, apocalyptic folk and more.

#1406 6 years ago

Simpsons-MoodyBluesMarquee_SM (resized).jpgSimpsons-MoodyBluesMarquee_SM (resized).jpg

#1407 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

They tour a lot. I've seen them 4 times in the last 3 years and could have seen them on more dates.
The show is basically the same, set list hardly changes. I did catch Haywood on a small solo tour that was even better. He did "Forever Autumn", it was magical.

I've seen the Moody Blues 5 times over the years. The best was in 1984 when Stevie Ray Vaughn opened up for them at The Meadowlands. Patrick Moraz was on keyboards and sounded great.

#1408 6 years ago

Possibly one of my best sounding Direct-To-Disc recordings. (If you love jazz)

IMG_1220 (resized).JPGIMG_1220 (resized).JPG

#1409 6 years ago

Got this in the mail today

IMG_20170922_181233 (resized).jpgIMG_20170922_181233 (resized).jpg

#1410 6 years ago

20170922_210832_HDR (resized).jpg20170922_210832_HDR (resized).jpg

#1411 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Got this in the mail today

I loved Twin Peaks! "I will tell you three things."
Haunting theme song....

#1412 6 years ago

My latest music project is Twin Peaks Break Beats. I'm taking parts of the score and vocal samples and making "remixes".

#1413 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

My latest music project is Twin Peaks Break Beats. I'm taking parts of the score and vocal samples and making "remixes".
» YouTube video

Sweet! Leland is so damn creepy.

Saw this online. I would buy it.
http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/music/leland-palmer-songs-playlist/

leland (resized).jpgleland (resized).jpg

#1414 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

» YouTube video

Cool track, but the highhat is WAY too hot!

#1415 6 years ago

Wallmart has Kill em All on sale for $11.93 on vinyl.

Choose store pickup if you want free shipping (otherwise you have to order $35 of crap).

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kill-Em-All-Vinyl/55907552?u1=07dc7482a07d11e798943e70e4f2813c0INT&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=UbUihDh2awY&sourceid=08873686341315655697&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

1be02412-5679-427b-9b64-2bc2eb810bb4_1.21d0278f9180b0d31aae4a2392172e72 (resized).jpeg1be02412-5679-427b-9b64-2bc2eb810bb4_1.21d0278f9180b0d31aae4a2392172e72 (resized).jpeg

#1416 6 years ago

Personally, I'd avoid the metallica reissues. The two i have sound horrible.

#1417 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Personally, I'd avoid the metallica reissues. The two i have sound horrible.

Isn't that how it's supposed to sound?

#1418 6 years ago

That's the problem with some reissues......old analog masters are not always used......sometimes they are......sometimes it's all remastered digital so it's a crapshoot on the reissue vinyl. Many sound great so I have no complaints so far....but I do try to pick up nice original copies when I find them. Its amazing when you find an original with zero wear and you wonder if it was ever played.

#1419 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Cool track, but the highhat is WAY too hot!

Thanks. That's a drum loop so I didn't set the high-hat level. You might be referring to the occasional "pop" in the right channel, but that's actually not clipping. That's from a big old scratch through the record l sampled from and I left it in because I liked it sounding gritty.

#1420 6 years ago

Twin Peaks kicks ass I've got 3 episodes left to watch from the latest season. I've got the sound tracks for the first two seasons, looks like I need to find the latest.

Nice work on that track Jam I sent the link to my buddy who is a huge TP fan.

#1421 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

That's the problem with some reissues......old analog masters are not always used......sometimes they are......sometimes it's all remastered digital so it's a crapshoot on the reissue vinyl. Many sound great so I have no complaints so far....but I do try to pick up nice original copies when I find them. Its amazing when you find an original with zero wear and you wonder if it was ever played.

With the metallica issues, my problem isn't even that it's a digital transfer. I've heard plenty of digital transfers on vinyl that sound great. With these, the mastering is dull and lifeless. Like there's a blanket over the speakers. My reissue of puppets is also the noisiest new vinyl I've ever heard.

#1422 6 years ago
Quoted from ssbodyman:

Twin Peaks kicks ass I've got 3 episodes left to watch from the latest season. I've got the sound tracks for the first two seasons, looks like I need to find the latest.
Nice work on that track Jam I sent the link to my buddy who is a huge TP fan.

I picked up the score for season 3 (it's a separate release from the one above) and it's really good too. Some solid Badalamenti on there.

I have some more Twin Peaks remix tracks in the works too.

#1423 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I picked up the score for season 3 (it's a separate release from the one above) and it's really good too. Some solid Badalamenti on there.
I have some more Twin Peaks remix tracks in the works too.

I always thought Leland would have been good with Billie Holiday.

"Give me a pig foot, and a bottle of beer."

IMG_1237 (resized).JPGIMG_1237 (resized).JPG

#1424 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

This.

You have to research the versions you want to acquire. Some reissues sound great and better than the originals (Genesis - Gabriel era for one). Most are not very good or they will use digitized remixes, which then isn't even analog. Some do take advantage of the original analog masters, like The Beatles mono set which is as pure as it gets. It all depends.

#1425 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

This.
You have to research the versions you want to acquire.

Agreed. I was worried about the Miles Davis mono release but it seems good.

IMG_1240 (resized).JPGIMG_1240 (resized).JPG

#1426 6 years ago

The man-cave tonight. Needed it... Feelin' better...

FullSizeRender.jpg-3 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-3 (resized).jpeg

#1427 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

The man-cave tonight. Needed it... Feelin' good...

How are you liking the McIntosh gear?

#1428 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

How are you liking the McIntosh gear?

I like it. Since 1974 I've wanted a McIntosh setup. The "direct" mode in phono is excellent. It took a while to get the setup done. I didn't anticipate everything being so "custom". Now that I have all the input/video in sync, I'm really enjoying it.

#1429 6 years ago

I can't be the only guy listening to the Knack, LCD Soundsystem, and the Pixies tonight can I?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1430 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I can't bethe only guy listening to the Knack, LCD Soundsystem, and the Pixies tonight can I?

Yes but I want The Knack album.

#1431 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I like it. Since 1974 I've wanted a McIntosh setup. The "direct" mode in phono is excellent. It took a while to get the setup done. I didn't anticipate everything being so "custom". Now that I have all the input/video in sync, I'm really enjoying it.

I used to go through stereo gear like some guys go through pinball machines on this forum, until I got my McIntosh gear. I haven't even sniffed another component since.

#1432 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I can't be the only guy listening to the Knack, LCD Soundsystem, and the Pixies tonight can I?

Or the only one listening to Miles and watching David Gilmour.
Might should just be Gilmour. Just sayin'.

IMG_1241 (resized).JPGIMG_1241 (resized).JPG

#1433 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Agreed. I was worried about the Miles Davis mono release but it seems good.

I put this album on this morning, checked Pinside, and saw your post.

#1434 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I was listening to "Silver" off Doolittle yesterday. Popped into my head and I couldn't shake it ... "in this world of strangers there are dangers ..."

#1435 6 years ago

My other breakfast record this morning

IMG_20170924_085756 (resized).jpgIMG_20170924_085756 (resized).jpg

#1436 6 years ago

One of my Sunday morning favorites

20170924_092038 (resized).jpg20170924_092038 (resized).jpg

#1437 6 years ago

Did http://www.onsalevinyl.com/ go off line for good?
Its been unavailable for a few days.

The site was an easy way to watch amazon for sales.

Any other sites to watch for daily deals ?

#1438 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I used to go through stereo gear like some guys go through pinball machines on this forum, until I got my McIntosh gear. I haven't even sniffed another component since.

Do you guys use the vintage McIntosh gear or the newer stuff?

#1439 6 years ago

Super sad note for local music fans in the Midwest. Owner of landmark vinyl outlet "The Record Collector" in Iowa City, Kirk Walther, lost his battle with Pancreatic cancer this morning. He will be missed by decades of loyal customers.
His family has asked that in his memory, please cue up your favorite Jimi Hendrix track and crank it.
Here is some background for the uninitiated: http://ir.uiowa.edu/ideal_inp/43/

record collector (resized).PNGrecord collector (resized).PNG
Kirk2 (resized).PNGKirk2 (resized).PNG

#1440 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

My amp and pre-amp are 15 years old. My tuner is vintage about 1972 (?).

#1441 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The couple pieces are newer stuff. I bought them both used. (I can't afford anything new!)
I needed a control preamp with HDMI and a multi-channel amp for the A/V system.

#1442 6 years ago

Was going through a couple of boxes of 45s today that had a lot of DJ/promo/not for sale albums in there. I found it interesting that a bunch had little notes on them (radio station I assume).

What got me was a couple labeled "hot use sparingly"....I thought how weird; if it was a hot hit song why isn't it labeled "play the sh!t outta this one"....then realized they were probably promos of newer songs not supposed to be aired yet maybe?? Or something along those lines....

KIMG1951 (resized).jpgKIMG1951 (resized).jpg

#1443 6 years ago

Couldnt snap a quick clear pic...but...princess checkin out the 45s with me

KIMG1948 (resized).jpgKIMG1948 (resized).jpg

#1444 6 years ago

Depending on the radio station -
At my station, 'hot' meant that it was too far outside the genre for often play, but sparingly, it was okay.

#1445 6 years ago

Because two Becks are better than one.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1446 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Depending on the radio station -
At my station, 'hot' meant that it was too far outside the genre for often play, but sparingly, it was okay.

Ohh wow, very interesting! So like a light rock station that may have a few selections a bit too heavy for their format... thanks! Thats pretty neat info.

Man! So if I'm listening to some classical low on the dial, every once in a while....just once in a while, I'll hear a death metal song?!! Kidding kidding!!

#1447 6 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Because two Becks are better than one.

And some bluesie Beck.

IMG_1246 (resized).JPGIMG_1246 (resized).JPG

#1448 6 years ago

not vinyl but I couldn't pass this up for 40 bucks yesterday

P1050105 (resized).JPGP1050105 (resized).JPG
P1050107 (resized).JPGP1050107 (resized).JPG

Thinking I should play Space Oddity on it tonight after work

#1449 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

not vinyl but I couldn't pass this up for 40 bucks yesterday

Thinking I should play Space Oddity on it tonight after work

That thing looks crazy! What is the model?

#1450 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

That thing looks crazy! What is the model?

Its a Electrohome circa Apollo 860

I got it from a customer that I have talked about gear with a few times, he gave it to me for what he paid. he even cleaned it up a bit and put a new stylus in it.

It no audiophile deck but looks great next to my "Ghetto Blaster" at home

There are 13,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 263.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.