IMG_4682 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4683 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0194 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0193 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0191 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0186 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0185 (resized).jpeg
20240421_190833 (resized).jpg
There are 13,125 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 263.
#1201 6 years ago

Released on 2 disc vinyl:

http://pitchfork.com/news/predator-soundtrack-gets-vinyl-reissue/

COVER ART (resized).jpgCOVER ART (resized).jpg

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Copped this at Disney World at the Haunted Mansion gift shop. It's got the actual audio track from the ride and the music on the flip.
RIP the Virgin Records store that they used to have at Downtown Disney. I scored some gems there in the thick of the downturn in the vinyl industry.

That is awesome! What is all on it?

#1203 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I loved that ride! Now that my daughter is grown, I doubt I'll ever see it again. ):
I picked this similar one up a long time ago...can't remember where. It was great sounds for scaring the kids on halloween!

That cover is downright a work of art.

#1204 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Quoted from Methos:

Side A is the direct audio feed from the ride. So, if you've ever been on the ride before, this is a record of what's being pumped through the speakers in the seats you ride in.

Side B has the instrumental audio tracks used in the ride. Ghostly Music Box; Otherworldly Concerto; A Swinging Wake; The Graveyard Band.

I did some searching and Disney seems to have released this on CD starting around 1999 or so in various limited forms. This may the first time it's been on vinyl. I couldn't find out much about the picture disc on the internet (one picture and that's it). Apparently they do a lot of these limited, park exclusive releases.

There is also as storybook promo LP Disney put out in the 60s and re-released over the years but that's a different thing.

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Side A is the direct audio feed from the ride. So, if you've ever been on the ride before, this is a record of what's being pumped through the speakers in the seats you ride in.
Side B has the instrumental audio tracks used in the ride. Ghostly Music Box; Otherworldly Concerto; A Swinging Wake; The Graveyard Band.
I did some searching and Disney seems to have released this on CD starting around 1999 or so in various limited forms. This may the first time it's been on vinyl. I couldn't find out much about the picture disc on the internet (one picture and that's it). Apparently they do a lot of these limited, park exclusive releases.
There is also as storybook promo LP Disney put out in the 60s and re-released over the years but that's a different thing.

I have to get back to Disneyworld, one of my favorite places on earth. Yes it's manufactured fantasy, but after seeing the world for 46 years, I'll take some good ol' fashioned made up fantasy. It works.

I am going to pick up one of these. I see there is a Pirates one too...do you have that one?

BTW - Is that a Tech SL1200 that you have? Sorry to sterotype.

#1206 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I want to start playing my vinyl collection again after years of collecting dust. Are there any decent turntables that can be paired to a speaker by bluetooth? I'm trying to save on space by going this route.

I bought a new Denon receiver recently and it came with a "Heos" speaker that you can link up by bluetooth. I run my upstairs "listening" table into the receiver in the living room and then I can put the Heos speaker in the kitchen, outside, etc.

Quoted from Methos:

I have to get back to Disneyworld, one of my favorite places on earth. Yes it's manufactured fantasy, but after seeing the world for 46 years, I'll take some good ol' fashioned made up fantasy. It works.
I am going to pick up one of these. I see there is a Pirates one too...do you have that one?
BTW - Is that a Tech SL1200 that you have? Sorry to sterotype.

I saw the Pirates one too but didn't buy it. I probably would have if I'd had known they had the ride audio.

Yep, that is a trusty Technics SL1200 M3D that I brought up to my living room to use for listening. I've got another downstairs in storage. I also have two Technics SL1200 M5Gs (they have +/- 16% pitch sliders) and a Vestax Controller One in the basement that I use for DJing.

#1207 6 years ago

Speaking of Disney, I was only ever at DW once, in 1977 when I was 9 and somehow held onto this for all these years...

Disney '77 (resized).jpgDisney '77 (resized).jpg

#1208 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I loved that ride! Now that my daughter is grown, I doubt I'll ever see it again. ):
I picked this similar one up a long time ago...can't remember where. It was great sounds for scaring the kids on halloween!

Oh man, I had that record when I was a young'n. Mom hated it.

#1209 6 years ago

What?? Sold out of Infrared? Daaammnnn...
Have to settle for camo I suppose. (:

Very cool site Vid, thanks! They have the reissue of Panama Red, in purple vinyl even.
I wore that album OUT while living in the dorm at ECU in '74.
https://shop.realgonemusic.com/products/the-new-riders-of-the-purple-sage-lp

FullSizeRender.jpg-2 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg-2 (resized).jpeg

#1210 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent57:

Time for a quick spin before heading out in a bit. Any other Crimheads in here? I'm betting there are...

Technics 1200?

#1211 6 years ago

I've got a very nice working Wurlitzer 1900 jukebox. The record transport mechanism is totally visible. I try to include as many colored vinyl records as possible. I was lucky to have bought two complete sets of the Beatles singles on "jukebox only" colored vinyl back in the mid-nineties (one to keep, one to put in the jukebox). When a clear disc comes up it looks as if the jukebox is playing an invisible record.

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I've got a very nice working Wurlitzer 1900 jukebox. The record transport mechanism is totally visible. I try to include as many colored vinyl records as possible. I was lucky to have bought two complete sets of the Beatles singles on "jukebox only" colored vinyl back in the mid-nineties (one to keep, one to put in the jukebox). When a clear disc comes up it looks as if the jukebox is playing an invisible record.

That's awesome. Would love to see a cpl pics some time!

#1213 6 years ago

I haven't found the right jukebox yet but I've been buying up 45s to put in one once I do. Would love to have one with a visible transport but that particular feature seems to about double the $$ from what I've seen.

#1214 6 years ago

I've had this jukebox for nearly 30 years (half of its life) - it's a 1956 Wurlitzer 1900. Plays 104 tunes. The way this mechanism works, one can place two "A Sides" facing out in each slot. So, there are no blah B-Sides. Here are some snaps pacmanretro .

010 (resized).JPG010 (resized).JPG

011 (resized).JPG011 (resized).JPG

012 (resized).JPG012 (resized).JPG

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from mima:

Technics 1200?

No, that's an AT LP-120 in that pic (with internal preamp removed.)

#1216 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I've had this jukebox for nearly 30 years (half of its life) - it's a 1956 Wurlitzer 1900. Plays 104 tunes. The way this mechanism works, one can place two "A Sides" facing out in each slot. So, there are no blah B-Sides. Here are some snaps pacmanretro .

Don't sleep on the B sides!

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Don't sleep on the B sides!

Didn't say "no B-Sides" just no "blah" ones. For example, the b-sides to John Lennon's original single releases from Double Fantasy were all Yoko tunes. Not one of my favorite artists, and I don't want to take up valuable jukebox real estate. On the other hand, one of my favorite McCartney songs is the b-side to "My Brave Face" titled "Flying to My Home." There there's the double A sided Beatles "Strawberry Field/Penny Lane." Out of the 52 slots, I probably only have a half a dozen where I vetoed the b-side.

#1218 6 years ago

Yeah....many operators would glue a hit to the B side on jukeboxes. Good trick to fit more good songs on a 45 box.

#1219 6 years ago

So do any of you collect mint records with all the original inserts? What's the rarest, unique or most valuable record in your collection....share with us as inquiring minds want to know.....and valuable can mean money or your favorite as that holds value as well.

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Beyond words.

But don't let those B sides pass you buy. There are more gems on B sides then one thinks.

#1221 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

So do any of you collect mint records with all the original inserts? What's the rarest, unique or most valuable record in your collection....share with us as inquiring minds want to know.....and valuable can mean money or your favorite as that holds value as well.

I have a show vinyl that the DJ used on the Beastie Boy's Licensed to Ill tour. It has instrumentals for the album that were not ever released and it's this really hot/loud pressing. Very few of these exist because they were only used by the band during the tour. That's probably my most prized record.

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Wow wow! Beautiful machine!!! Thank you for the pics....that is amazingly cool!

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I have a show vinyl that the DJ used on the Beastie Boy's Licensed to Ill tour. It has instrumentals for the album that were not ever released and it's this really hot/loud pressing. Very few of these exist because they were only used by the band during the tour. That's probably my most prized record.

That's cool!!! I don't have anything near as cool as that. I like the hearing stories of what people have and how they got it and the history behind it. I do have Licensed to Ill on vinyl though LOL!

#1224 6 years ago

Years since the last A/V upgrade. Replaces my Onkyo.
Oh Baby I think I like this one! (:

IMG_0920.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_0920.JPG (resized).jpeg

#1225 6 years ago

Stir it up Saturday Night... Let's go to the banquet!

FullSizeRender.jpg (resized).jpegFullSizeRender.jpg (resized).jpeg

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

"….........So, there are no blah B-Sides.".

?????????? Dude!

#1229 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I went with the AT. So far I am happy with the performance. Thanks for the post! It's nice to play my vinyl again. I started with The Beatles "Rock and Roll Music" compilation.

That was one of my first Beatle albums, I spent many nights trying to line my fingers and thumbs out perfectly.

It's a weird album as all of the 50's icons were before their time, but then again it is what influenced them.

#1230 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Condition is less important to me. Valuable money wise, I'd say I don't own a record worth much more than $100.

However, a lot of the independent and private pressing pieces that I have would not be easy to replace. So my favorites of those would be the most valuable to me personally but no one else would really care much.

My favorite 45 is on the independent RUBY label from Hamilton Ohio by the 3Ds Trio.
Here's a picture of it: http://www.45cat.com/record/68100

My favorite LP would be much harder for me to isolate to just one... Here's a rare one that is one of my favorites... They only made 300 of them in 1975 and it's sweet for me because it's on a Cincinnati record label:
https://www.discogs.com/The-New-Expression-Good-Clean-Rock-Roll/release/8081061

#1231 6 years ago

Picked this up off Craigslist yesterday! Very excited!

0724171611 (resized).jpg0724171611 (resized).jpg

0724171611c (resized).jpg0724171611c (resized).jpg

0724171611a (resized).jpg0724171611a (resized).jpg

0724172051 (resized).jpg0724172051 (resized).jpg

#1232 6 years ago

That's a good turntable. Nice score.

#1233 6 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Picked this up off Craigslist yesterday! Very excited!

Loved my Technics. Brings back lots of memories!

#1234 6 years ago

Always a special place For Santana.

IMG_0946 (resized).JPGIMG_0946 (resized).JPG
IMG_0948 (resized).JPGIMG_0948 (resized).JPG

#1235 6 years ago

Spinning this morning..

20170729_092032 (resized).jpg20170729_092032 (resized).jpg

#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Spinning this morning..

Is that an original press? Never saw it in yellow!

#1237 6 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

Is that an original press? Never saw it in yellow!

No, it's the newer rhino pressing. They did each disc in a unique color.

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

What's the rarest, unique or most valuable record in your collection?

I'm a fan of Todd Rundgren and I have two copies of The Todd Rundgren Radio Show rare promo LP.

#1239 6 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Years since the last A/V upgrade. Replaces my Onkyo.
Oh Baby I think I like this one! (:

Awesome! Once you go Mac you'll never go back. My stuff will be handed down to my kids.

#1240 6 years ago

Just picked this one up today!!

IMG_2585 (resized).JPGIMG_2585 (resized).JPG

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Just picked this one up today!!

R.E.M.'s finest record!

#1242 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

R.E.M.'s finest record!

Yep, I reckon it's their best album for sure.

#1243 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

R.E.M.'s finest record!

Quoted from Joydivision:

Yep, I reckon it's their best album for sure.

This one is actually my second favorite album by R.E.M. behind Green.

#1244 6 years ago

This one showed up while I was in Vegas over the weekend with the guys. Kinda ironic that the first track is Out with the boys.

20170807_215525 (resized).jpg20170807_215525 (resized).jpg

#1245 6 years ago

I played Steve Miller "Book of Dreams" for the first time in a long time. The record contains an order sheet for t-shirts ($5 each) and concert tour programs ($3.50) and other items. It's probably too late to put my order in.

BOC's records had an address where if you sent something like $.35 or $.50 they would send you the lyrics to all their songs. I did that back around 1980 and got the lyrics printed on the old green and white computer paper. I must have tossed them some time ago as I don't have them any more.

#1246 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I played Steve Miller "Book of Dreams" for the first time in a long time. The record contains an order sheet for t-shirts ($5 each) and concert tour programs ($3.50) and other items. It's probably too late to put my order in.
BOC's records had an address where if you sent something like $.35 or $.50 they would send you the lyrics to all their songs. I did that back around 1980 and got the lyrics printed on the old green and white computer paper. I must have tossed them some time ago as I don't have them any more.

I went to the Book of Dreams concert in the late seventies.One of the best ever.

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

I went to the Book of Dreams concert in the late seventies.One of the best ever.

I wish I saw him on that tour. I saw him when Abracadabra came out and really enjoyed the show.

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I wish I saw him on that tour. I saw him when Abracadabra came out and really enjoyed the show.

I wish I could have seen them anytime. The Joker was one of my favs... Speaking "of the pompatus of love"!
What a great song.

#1249 6 years ago

You seem more of the midnight toker than the pomputus of love type, Fulltilt !!

#1250 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You seem more of the midnight toker than the pomputus of love type, Fulltilt !!

They go together well!

IMG_0987 (resized).JPGIMG_0987 (resized).JPG

There are 13,125 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 263.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-vinyl/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.