I decided to revisit my ultrasonic vinyl cleaner. I found some decent 3d print options on Thingiverse that would allow me to clean multiple albums at the same time. I pretty much started from scratch, I think the motor I have is better than the one this uses, but it was cheap. It's based on this model.
The rinse is just a Tupperware container and I manually spin it around. I feel like this is the weakest point. I've seen people do a sink rinse before the distilled water rinse, but we have really hard water. i think I will add a 2nd rinse station for the next batch.
The dryer is some left over flooring hacked together with a PC case fan. I'm moving the same rotating motor from the cleaner. I wish I spent a little more time planning, 15 more minutes and this hack prototype would have been nice. I may look into a more powerful fan. I'm not sure if I'm seeing water spots, residue from the cleaning solution, or just wear.
So far what I've listened to has been amazing. A lot of what I'm cleaning are cheap Flea Market finds. I'm holding off on my new vinyl until I perfect the process.
2020-04-28 21.13.06 (resized).jpg2020-04-30 11.03.55 (resized).jpg2020-04-30 11.04.08 (resized).jpg2020-04-30 14.33.42 (resized).jpg2020-04-30 14.33.51 (resized).jpg2020-04-30 14.33.58 (resized).jpg