Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by NYP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Star_Trek.jpg
    Sonic_Odin_Deluxe.jpg
    Segasa_Baby_Doll.jpg
    Sega_Miss_Nessi.jpg
    Recel_Mr_Doom.jpg
    Recel_Crazy_Race.jpg
    Rapid_Star_Explorer.jpg
    Playmatic_Mag_Aaton.jpg
    Nordmatic_Antares.jpg
    International_Concepts_Night_Moves.jpg
    Hankin_Empire_strikes_back.jpg
    Briarwood_Super_Star.jpg
    hawaiian_isle_flyer.jpg
    _Wizard__press_photo.jpg
    jokers_wild.jpg
    _T.N.T.flyer.jpg
    There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Hi Ron,

I have found another flyer you don't have by the way... well, you kind of don't have it... you have a 'lesser version' of it You have MAC Galaxy, but yours is littered at the bottom with fruit machine images... your description reads: 'single postcard-sized circuit board', that description confused me, which is why I looked at the image... it's then I saw that it's very different from the one I have... what does that description mean?

Anyway, the one I have is just a normal flyer for MAC Galaxy, nothing else on there... where you have the large fruit machine on the bottom right, mine has the woman from the backglass... looking kinda hot Mine also says 'MAC'S GALAXY' on the top... basically it's exactly the same style of flyer as the Mac Jungle flyer you have...

My filing system shows that I have a double of it, but when I went to look at it to confirm it's condition, it's not there, so I seem to only have one copy afterall

I continue to search for more you don't have, with the hope of finding one I have a double of!!

#52 11 years ago

I've finished my search and have found the following that are not in your catalogue:

MSN Lowen: The Games: an almost identical copy of the Gottlieb (or Mylstar as the IPDB states) game but without 'Gottlieb' written on the backglass and put in that awful wood-effect cabinet!

MSN Lowen: UFO-X: A copy of the Playmatic game of the same name.

Nordmatic: Saturn. Singlr player EM.

Valco Automatenbouw: Short lenght payout pinball with no legs... unique, for sure... equally terrible by the look of it!

Zaccaria: Aerobatics

Zaccaria: Hot Wheels (Associated Leisure version). I wouldn't have mentioned this, but seeing as your catalogue lists the Associated Leisure version of Fire Mountain, I decided to

Sadly I have no doubles of any of the above

I was interesting looking through these again... And your collection is mighty impressive!! I had to laugh at the Zaccaria 'Strike' home pinball flyer, I've posted it here for others to enjoy... I hope you don't mind me using the image from your site... I could have photographed mine, but it was a lot easier to use 'print screen' from your site...

Strike.JPGStrike.JPG

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I am so grateful that you are collecting all those European flyers (so i do not have too ;> )
    and then posting them on line. I like how you watermark your flyers too,
    not blatantly obvious as to distract from the flyer,
    kinda like playing "wheres waldo" sometimes.
    I would hope you might consider collecting and posting
    MFR Press Promo Photos of games without known flyers associated with those pins.
    Again great flyer collection and a big thanks for your website,
    as it is a great service to the pinball community.
    cheers tom

The watermarks are something I hated doing but I spent so much money on some of these that I feared people might copy them all and then I would regret spending so much time Photoshopping them all. That's why I tried hiding them best I could, you cracked me up with the where's waldo remark . But I've been trying to get more liberal with some of them and leave the watermark off on the newer stuff and ones that aren't so rare. I never got into collecting the press photos, think I only have BMX, don't know why, I just decided to stick with the flyers, Sam Harvey has quite a few, I speak to him often and we "talk flyers", the man is a walking encyclopedia of pinball and never fails to have a good joke every time we speak.

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

I've finished my search and have fould the following that are noy in your catalogue:
    MSN Lowen: The Games: an almost identical copy of the Gottlieb (or Mylstar as the IPDB states) game but without 'Gottlieb' written on the backglass and put in that awful wood-effect cabinet!
    MSN Lowen: UFO-X: A copy of the Playmatic game of the same name.
    Nordmatic: Saturn. Singlr player EM.
    Valco Automatenbouw: Short lenght payout pinball with no legs... unique, for sure... equally terrible by the look of it!
    Zaccaria: Aerobatics
    Zaccaria: Hot Wheels (Associated Leisure version). I wouldn't have mentioned this, but seeing as your catalogue lists the Associated Leisure version of Fire Mountain, I decided to
    Sadly I have no doubles of any of the above
    I was interesting looking through these again... And your collection is mighty impressive!! I had to laugh at the Zaccaria 'Strike' home pinball flyer, I've posted it here for others to enjoy... I hope you don't mind me using the image from your site... I could have photographed mine, but it was a lot easier to use 'print screen' from your site...

OK that Some of the ones you listed, I sort of think of as different versions like The Games, or UFO X (thought I had that) Hot Wheels, etc, but ones like Futbol or Saturn interest me more because I don't have them. That Zaccaria Strike is classic, love the way the older or foreign flyers use different terms like pin-table, or the different terms used over the years for pop bumpers and flippers like "player controlled kicking rubbers" or "skill flip it buttons". The flyer collectors ring was shut down years ago, that's why I started mine, I have plans to make it easier to use, a little glitch prevents the info from showing up if people don't fill out all the fields but I plan on fixing these things. BTW, I don't mind at all, if people want to link up to certain flyers or use or print the images, again I'm just sorry about the watermarks, so link/print away.

P.S edit: the comment 'single postcard-sized circuit board' on Mac's galaxy came from the IPDB, I always try to put some sort of comment for each flyer and if I can't find anything good to say I sometimes have to rely on what the IPDB says. Don't remember where I got all the Japanese ones but probably in a trade long ago. Most of my flyers came from guys like Pacak, Kurtz, Mayfair, trades with guys like Sam Harvey and others, but many came from Ebay, the rare ones get pricey if someone else wants it as bad as you, I would never admit how much I spent on some of them.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

T I never got into collecting the press photos, think I only have BMX, don't know why, I just decided to stick with the flyers, Sam Harvey has quite a few, I speak to him often and we "talk flyers", the man is a walking encyclopedia of pinball and never fails to have a good joke every time we speak.

I think I saw a BLY Spectrum press photo in amongst your archive.
    And yes Sam Harvey knows just about everything pinball and its history
    and associated paperwork, and always has a good joke to tell.
    He has binders full of info that needs to be archived, but Sam does not do computers.

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I think I saw a BLY Spectrum press photo in amongst your archive.
    And yes Sam Harvey knows just about everything pinball and its history
    and associated paperwork, and always has a good joke to tell.
    He has binders full of info that needs to be archived, but Sam does not do computers.

Yes your right, I think I got the press photo for Spectrum, a pretty rare flyer, but again, very few press photos in my collection. I'm glad Sam doesn't do computers, one less person to bid against but nothing makes me happier, than to call Sam and tell him I have a spare flyer that he needs. G*D DAMMIT YOU SON OF A BITCH, HOW DID YOU GET THAT???? I'm currently taunting him with a Bally Round Up he needs, problem is, he doesn't have anything I need

BTW, I'm open to trades, don't hesitate to email me

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

The flyer collectors ring was shut down years ago,

Any idea why? From what I remember it wasn't something that was particularly owned or run by anyone, it just kind of existed in the ether... Glad to hear you mention it, I know I'm not going crazy at least

Quoted from NYP:

Some of the ones you listed, I sort of think of as different versions like The Games, or UFO X ( thought I had that) Hot Wheels, etc,

I certainly agree regarding the Hot Wheels (Associated Leisure version), this is just a flyer made by a distributor and not by the game manufacturer, so to me it's not really that worthy of even being in my collection... but with the MSN flyers, these are for games made BY MSN... yes the games are copies of other games, but the flyers are from the manufacturer of these copied games, so these flyers, in my mind, have as much validity as genuine unique flyers by the manufacturer as any other

Do you have flyers to trade by the way Ron? Scratch that question, I see you answered it in the previous post which didn't appear 'till after I hit send...

#58 11 years ago

Any idea why? From what I remember it wasn't something that was particularly owned or run by anyone, it just kind of existed in the ether... Glad to hear you mention it, I know I'm not going crazy at least

I certainly agree regarding the Hot Wheels (Associated Leisure version), this is just a flyer made by a distributor and not by the game manufacturer, so to me it's not really that worthy of even being in my collection... but with the MSN flyers, these are for games made BY MSN... yes the games are copies of other games, but the flyers are from the manufacturer of these copied games, so these flyers, in my mind, have as much validity as genuine unique flyers by the manufacturer as any other
    Do you have flyers to trade by the way Ron? Scratch that question, I see you answered it in the previous post which didn't appear 'till after I hit send...

Don't know why it closed, think it was part of the "ring" thing that just sort of disappeared. I do have interest in the MSN flyers if you want to email i'll send you my trade list. Regretfully I haven't updated it in a long time, one of those things I never seem to find time for, but I'll send you my current one if you want to give it a try.
    [email protected]

#60 11 years ago

I decided to check your collection again to make sure you have the export version of Black Hole, and to my total expectation: you do... What I noticed, however, while I was there (in the 'Black' section) that you don't have the German version of Black Knight I know it's just another version, but your collection is SO impressive, that I feel the need to brag when I find a flyer I have that you don't This German version is a fold open flyer with a massive close up shot of the centre playfield showing off the ramps to the upper playfield... No double of that one either

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

but nothing makes me happier, than to call Sam and tell him I have a spare flyer that he needs. G*D DAMMIT YOU SON OF A BITCH, HOW DID YOU GET THAT????

You got Sam, down pat.
    He ain't happy unless he has got something to moan and groan about.
    While Sam may not have the Round Up flyer,
    i think he does have the actual pin game Bally Round UP.

The circle of serious pinball flyer collectors is fairly small
    ( at least the ones that try to collect more than what games they actually own),
    that i fear that i will never recoup my investment.
    I did not really collect or buy them as an investment,
    It was more the pack rat in me, and just the collecting bug addiction
    that got me to try to expend the collection to the degree that i did.
    But if you figure i have at least 800 flyers
    and all are worth at least a minimum of $2-3 a pop,
    thats about $2000 right there.
    And I would say its fair to assume
    that anything pre DMD era has got to be about $4-5 a pop
    and 1970 era EMs about $5-10 a piece
    1950-60s era EMs $10-20 each and some select few worth $50-100;
    that means my collection should be worth $5000-6000,
    if i tried to sell them cheap and fast ;
    and probably worth up to $8000-10000,
    if i sold them piece by piece and held out for near top dollar,
    keeping in mind,
    that i would not want to let the selling process drag out too long
    and most of my flyers are in very good condition.
    I have not really kept close track to what i paid for each flyer over the years,
    but i got the feeling it was well over $8000, for what i managed to accumulate.
    Better not let my wife read this !!

IS my forecast being too conservative
    or is it more wishful thinking,
    to hope for some profit (or recovery) ?
    Again my collection is fairly complete from 1960 thru the modern era,
    (Plus about some 40 odd woodrail era flyers),
    with exception of missing some of the really rare flyers and most of the GTB Italian flyers.
    You saw my want list posted earlier (to get an idea of what i do or don't have).
    cheers tom

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I have not really kept close track to what i paid for each flyer over the years,
    but i got the feeling it was well over $8000, for what i managed to accumulate.
    Better not let my wife read this !!

IS my forecast being too conservative
    or is it more wishful thinking,

I did keep a track of the cost of these things, in terms of I'd write down how much I'd spent each time I bought something... it was all on paper, so no running total... I bought quite a lot of bulk deals, so there were some big numbers in there... I was actually scared to add it all up, but I did one day, and I was quite shocked at the result... it worked out at over £12,000, which is about $20,000!! I'm sure they're not worth that much, especially now when people seem content at looking at and downloading internet images (and this is no-way a knock at your Ron, I think what you've done is excellent!!)... Personally I don't understand the desire to have a copy... the original is something totally different... it's like collecting stamps and saying 'why do it, you can just download them off the net', to me it just doesn't make any sense... It's just as valid as saying, why do it, you can just imagine them... Why go on holiday, you can just look at pictures of where you want to go from home... The smell and texture of these things is a massive part of it for me. It seems society is heading towards a virtual exisitance, the Matrix is closer then you think

#63 11 years ago

Buy low, sell high, works no matter what you collect. With that said, it's hard to make a case for flyers being an investment, but if you buy them at the right price, and hold onto them long enough, they might be worth more than you paid for them. Problem is, you'll have to sell them one at a time, no one is going to buy a big collection as a whole. Collect something you love and you'll never go wrong, even if they become worthless on a monetary basis, you'll still have something you enjoy. If you collect something as an investment and don't really like them, if it goes down in value, your left with nothing.

#64 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Collect something you love and you'll never go wrong, even if they become worthless on a monetary basis, you'll still have something you enjoy. If you collect something as an investment and don't really like them, if it goes down in value, your left with nothing.

Exactly, this is how I look at it... I may have made a financial mistake buying the bulk I have, but at least I have a nice stash of flyers that makes me happy to see and smell, and that's better than a number in a bank account My kids might not share the same view when I'm pushing up the daisies though

By the way, do you know why Stern didn't do an English language version of the Iron Maiden flyer? Was this game purely made for export to Germany? I know (or at least I think) only the German flyer exists...

#65 11 years ago

Exactly, this is how I look at it... I may have made a financial mistake buying the bulk I have, but at least I have a nice stash of flyers that makes me happy to see and smell, and that's better than a number in a bank account My kids might not share the same view when I'm pushing up the daisies though
    By the way, do you know why Stern didn't do an English language version of the Iron Maiden flyer? Was this game purely made for export to Germany? I know (or at least I think) only the German flyer exists...

When I caught the collecting bug, I actually bought most of my collection in bulk. I couldn't get Mike Pacak to sell through mail/email so I went to the York Show and cornered him and bought a few hundred at one time. I did the same with a few other people, then I sort of filled in the ones I was missing from ebay and trading. A lot of the ones I bought in bulk many years ago are worth a lot more than I paid for them. A lot of the rare ones from ebay I overpaid for but that's how it goes on ebay if someone else wants it too.

I have no idea why there is no English version of I.M but I don't think it exists, I think same for Bally Spectrum and a few others. I saw some wanted lists previously and many of those flyers don't exist, If you want me to help with those lists I can go back and make notes on which ones I think exist and which don't? I don't mind talking about flyers and it's nice to see some people are actually looking at them, I wondered sometimes if I scanned them all for nothing but guys like you and Tom (one of my bigger flyer fans are giving me hope.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

If you want me to help with those lists I can go back and make notes on which ones I think exist and which don't?

Personally I'm not sure what lists you mean... not sure if the question was asked to me or generally

If I had more time I'd spend ages looking through the flyers on your site, it's a real eye-opener!! Are you also familiar with this flyer site:

http://www.pinball-gallery.com/archives_index.php?lang=ag&cat=pinball

There's a whole section dedicated to Spain with some interesting stuff in there... no idea of all these are in your site/collection...?

Regarding a possible trade where I give you some flyers I have just one of (which is the only option for me because I don't have any doubles that you don't have!) I'm going to have to think about that one... I think first I need to try and trade elswhere using flyers I have doubles of, otherwise I might get a flyer from you that I can get elswhere by trading with a flyer I have more than one of... if you see what I mean... I'm happy to trade ones I have just one of, but what I get in return should be something I can't find by trading ones I have doubles of... so until I've done the latter, I won't know which ones these are... So it's going to take a while for me to get to that point

Quoted from NYP:

I couldn't get Mike Pacak to sell through mail/email so I went to the York Show and cornered him and bought a few hundred at one time.

I also want to do a bulk deal with Mike, but from where I am (Czech Republic) it's hard to corner him anywhere

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Sam Harvey got me hooked on collecting flyers,
    (his Flyer collection is probably (arguably) one of the Top 10/Top 20 Collections in the USA/world)
    Was able to kick start my flyer collection about 15 yrs ago
    at the Pinball Fantasy show in Vegas, when I bought about 100 misc flyers for about $2-3 each
    (courtesy of, I think M.Pacak's collection, via his divorce settlement,
    at least the half his former wife got custody)
    That eventually got me to try to collect not only all the flyers for pins that I own,
    but also expanded to all flyers produced by American Manufacturers from 1960 to present.
    I had to draw the line somewhere, as it can get very expensive;
    at $20 to $50 to $100 a pop for some of the older and rarer flyers.
    At least they do not cost much to store, (compared to actual pinball machines).
    Though some of those big (3-ring) binders ain't cheap either.
    I finally got about 99% complete (of my goal)
    with exception of the most rare (and expensive flyers);
    I also have all the GTB woodrail multi-player pin flyers.
    Plus a few oddball european MFR flyers.
    Here is my Flyer want list
    (note : some of them may not exist (low production games),
    some are only available as a press or promo photo,
    or some are the Italian version flyer)
    Here is my Flyer want list
    (note : some of them may not exist (low production games),
    some are only available as a press or promo photo,
    or some are the Italian version flyer)

Manufacturer Pinball Games

ALLIED
    Thunderbolt, on NYP site
    SuperPicker, not sure
    Roy Clark the Entertainer, think it exists
    Flame of Athens, on NYP site
    Eros One, on NYP site
    Circa 1933, on NYP site
    Rock On, on NYP site
    TNT, don't think so
    Boogie, don't know

GAME PLAN
    Real Chuck a Luck Camel Lights (no flyers of these known to exist) I agree

BALLY Home model s/s electronic games
    Evel Knevil exists
    Capt.Fantastic, on NYP site

Int.Concepts :
    Night Moves, on NYP site
    Mirco : Lucky Draw, on NYP site
    Space Fantasy, not sure
    Venture Line : Joker's Wild, think it exists
    Misc Cocktail pins : Cosmic Wars Circus Circus, not sure

GOTTLIEB E/M flyers (some are only available as Italian flyer version or as a press photo)
    1965 Rancho - ital, on NYP site
    1966 Subway, on NYP site
    Hyde Park - ital, on NYP site
    Hawaiian Isle - ital, don't think so
    Pleasure Isle - promo don't think so-promo only
    1967 Diamond Jack - AAB Postcard only, on NYP site
    Hit a Card - promo, agree on promo only
    Solitaire, on NYP site
    Super Duo, on NYP site

Sea Side , on NYP site
    Melody -AAB Postcard, Troubadour - promo, agree on promo only
    1968 Fun Park - AAB Postcard, on NYP site
    Fun Fair, on NYP site
    Tivoli, on NYP site
    Big Jack, on NYP site
    Grande Domino, on NYP site
    1969 Lariat - AAB Postcard,on NYP site
    Hi-Lo, on NYP site
    Mini Pool - AAB Postcard, on NYP site
    Bumper Pool, (Western), on NYP site
    1970 Batter Up - promo, agree on promo only
    1971 Star Trek, on NYP site
    Extra Innings - promo, agree on promo only
    Home Run - promo, agree on promo only
    Super Bowl, don't know
    Galaxie, on NYP site
    Card King , don't know
    Challenger, (Wizard) challenger is on NYP site
    1972 Play Pool, on NYP site
    Texas Ranger, on NYP site
    Neptune, don't think so
    Poseidon, don't think so
    Rock Star, don't think so
    TKO/(KnockOut) don't think so
    Space Walk, press photo only, on NYP website
    Gemini, don't think so

BALLY E/M flyers
    Press Photos Happy Tour, BullsEye , Six Shooter, Joker, Bali Hi, agreed on P.P only
    Red Max, Double Up, Fore, Time Tunnel, Slap Stick, think only P.P only
    1970/71 King Rex, on NYP website
    Round Up, on NYP website
    Circus -50s, on NYP website
    Carnival - 50s, on NYP website
    USA - 50s, on NYP website

WILLIAMS E/M flyers
    1967 Lunar Shot, on NYP website

CCoin E/M flyers South Pacific, on NYP website
    Sky Rider, on NYP website

WMS Pitch & Bat: 63 Big Inning, 61 Deluxe Batting Champ
    63 (AL Twins) 66 (Big League) 69 (Pinch Hitter)

Solid State - misc
    (either flyer does not exist or only as a press photo or maybe rare European version)
    Iron Maiden, Cosmic Princess, European versions only as far as I know
    Special Forces Girls, on NYP website
    BMX, press photo only
    SpeakEasy 4, don't know
    City Slicker, don't think so
    Voltan, don't think so
    E/M Mata Hari, doubt it
    E/M Black Jack 2P, doubt it
    S/S Night Rider, have the german version on NYP site
    Eclipse, don't think so
    Asteroid Annie & Aliens, on NYP website
    Algar, Varkon, don't think so

cheers pinballtom

Hope that helps............
    Ron

#68 11 years ago

Personally I'm not sure what lists you mean... not sure if the question was asked to me or generally
    If I had more time I'd spend ages looking through the flyers on your site, it's a real eye-opener!! Are you also familiar with this flyer site:
    http://www.pinball-gallery.com/archives_index.php?lang=ag&cat=pinball
    There's a whole section dedicated to Spain with some interesting stuff in there... no idea of all these are in your site/collection...?
    Regarding a possible trade where I give you some flyers I have just one of (which is the only option for me because I don't have any doubles that you don't have!) I'm going to have to think about that one... I think first I need to try and trade elswhere using flyers I have doubles of, otherwise I might get a flyer from you that I can get elswhere by trading with a flyer I have more than one of... if you see what I mean... I'm happy to trade ones I have just one of, but what I get in return should be something I can't find by trading ones I have doubles of... so until I've done the latter, I won't know which ones these are... So it's going to take a while for me to get to that point

I also want to do a bulk deal with Mike, but from where I am (Czech Republic) it's hard to corner him anywhere

Yah Raphael Lankar is an old timer from France who I traded with many years ago, don't think he trades anymore or might have sold his collection, not sure if he ever opened that museum. Big collection of machines. Another Frenchman Bernard Marraou(sp?) had a HUGE and amazing collection, (still sells a few here & there), sold most of the rare ones and I think uses the money to travel and have a good time those Europeans know how to live )) but his passion was always jukebox flyers. Bought a lot of rare ones from him at high prices,(most through ebay) he sure didn't give them away.........

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

not sure if he ever opened that museum.

I'm pretty sure that museum is up and running, I believe you have to visit by appointment... I'd love to see it, from images I've seen on the net it looks totally mind-blowing!!

My first contact with big flyer collectors was through some French guys: Thierry Delisle and Yannik Karolowski... the 2nd name might be wrong, he called himself 'Riffard' or something like that... He spoke English but his accent was so strong that it was very hard to pick out the meaning of what he was saying... we had some very bizarre conversations that took an age to fathom out... once I thought he wanted to sell me a box of ROMs, after a while I realised it was a box of ramps he had... He was a very nice guy and had boxes of all sorts of things in his house stacked from floor to ceiling... Some of the stuff near the floor had been attacked by his cat... He would point at this damaged pile of paper and say 'bad cat' as his way of explaining that the cat had done that and he was upset about it... I ended up buying his entire stock of pinball flyers (and two large boxes of pinball ramps!)... The language barrier was so big that it was too much hassle to haggle about the price, he just got what he asked for... it was a good deal anyway... Those were the days

#70 11 years ago

I find this thread fascinating...thanks for sharing your journeys.

Do either of you by chance have duplicates of a CFTBL flyer: it's black and white with the gal laying down on one side of the pin and the Creech on the other? Let me know. I missed out on this on eBay and would be interested in purchasing. FWIW, I did quickly scan the site in the link provided above, but didn't see it.

Mike

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from molspin:

Do either of you by chance have duplicates of a CFTBL flyer: it's black and white with the gal laying down on one side of the pin and the Creech on the other?

I do, and I'm sure Ron does too... but it's nothing like what you're describing!!

The only CFTBL flyer I'm aware of is the same as the one on Ron's site, which is this:

http://www.nypinball.com/showdetailbro.php?br=1385_front_org.jpg

I'd be interested to see what the thing is that you're talking about...

#72 11 years ago

Yeah, I have that one. ...let me see if I can dig up a photo.

#73 11 years ago

Ugh, my mistake...it's a poster not a flyer. Still cool though.

#74 11 years ago

...hopefully now with pic:

$T2eC16R,!yME9s5qG+uqBRPgwPbNTw~~60_3[.jpg$T2eC16R,!yME9s5qG+uqBRPgwPbNTw~~60_3[.jpg

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from molspin:

t's was a poster not a flyer. Still cool though.

Yes, that's very cool... never seen that before!! Thanks for searching for it and posting it!! That would be a cool poster to get for sure!!

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

Yah Raphael Lankar is an old timer from France who I traded with many years ago, don't think he trades anymore or might have sold his collection, not sure if he ever opened that museum.

I went to Paris back in Oct 2012, and visit Raphael's pinball museum.
    Very hospitable fellow, very nice collection of GTB Wood rails and some early 60's wedgeheads.
    I have bought flyers from all the fellows you guys have mentioned (from Europe) in the past,
    along with Mike Pacak and Bill Kurtz and mffe on ebay etc.
    I am glad that i have finally gotten nearly all the flyers on my wish list,
    as it was time consuming getting to that point.
    Now all the ones left on my want list are all very rare, I think you both would agree,
    and would probably cost at least $50 each to get them, if i ever found them,
    unless i found some flyer stash somewhere from someone who did not really know what they had.

NYP : thanks for your input on what you think about flyers,
    existing or not or only as promo press photo or possibly trade mag ad.

FYI : Misc cocktail table flyer
    Circus Circus, I think you have one your NYP website (Coffemat/Century)

#77 11 years ago

Well I don't but I would like to have some of the games I own and used to own and frame them on the wall somewhere

#78 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Well I don't but I would like to have some of the games I own and used to own and frame them on the wall somewhere

Is there any chance of getting a high quality PDF or jpg file of flyers

#79 11 years ago

here are some proof of some of the Allied flyers that you were not certain about,
    these are copies that i have found over the years of searching internet files.

boogie-1976-f-1.jpgboogie-1976-f-1.jpg entertainer-1977-f-2.jpgentertainer-1977-f-2.jpg _T.N.T.flyer.jpg_T.N.T.flyer.jpg jokers_wild.jpgjokers_wild.jpg _Wizard__press_photo.jpg_Wizard__press_photo.jpg hawaiian_isle_flyer.jpghawaiian_isle_flyer.jpg

#80 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

If you PM me a list of the ones you want I'm sure I can do you a package at the right price

Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Is there any chance of getting a high quality PDF or jpg file of flyers

You really should have the originals on the original paper, you can never print them off and get the same quality

#81 11 years ago

SOOOooo Pinballslave, what do I have to do to pry that Aerobatics from your hands? I'm glad to hear Raphael is doing well and had his museum open. I almost forgot about Riffard, he had the same flyers over and over but they were cheap. Wish I had the ones Tom posted, especially Hawaiian Isle. Pinballgeek, you can print mine, they are scanned at 300 DPI and pretty high quality, as long as you don't mind the where's waldo watermark. That B & W creech pic is awesome, isn't that the real actress from the movie/backglass?

#82 11 years ago

...it certainly looks like her.

#83 11 years ago
    Quoted from NYP:

SOOOooo Pinballslave, what do I have to do to pry that Aerobatics from your hands?

That's a very good question... that is my favourite of the ones I have that you don't, and the way I look at it, if you don't have it with your amazing collection, then it musy be very hard to get

All I can say is, let me do a bit more 'trading around' and I'll certainly be in a much better position to know what I'd be interested to trade it for, if I decide to do that... as you can appreciate, trading ones I don't have doubles of is a hard pill to swallow...

1 week later
    #84 11 years ago

Hi Ron, I just want to say thanks for uploading such an amazing collection of flyers!! I've spent the whole evening looking through there, paying attention mostly to foreign flyers, so much good stuff in there

Some highlights of my search:

Briarwood_Super_Star.jpgBriarwood_Super_Star.jpg Hankin_Empire_strikes_back.jpgHankin_Empire_strikes_back.jpg International_Concepts_Night_Moves.jpgInternational_Concepts_Night_Moves.jpg Nordmatic_Antares.jpgNordmatic_Antares.jpg Playmatic_Mag_Aaton.jpgPlaymatic_Mag_Aaton.jpg Rapid_Star_Explorer.jpgRapid_Star_Explorer.jpg

#85 11 years ago

Hey good.

#86 11 years ago

Mmm, some images didn't come through... Try again:

Recel_Crazy_Race.jpgRecel_Crazy_Race.jpg Recel_Mr_Doom.jpgRecel_Mr_Doom.jpg Sega_Miss_Nessi.jpgSega_Miss_Nessi.jpg Segasa_Baby_Doll.jpgSegasa_Baby_Doll.jpg Sonic_Odin_Deluxe.jpgSonic_Odin_Deluxe.jpg

#87 11 years ago

Here's a funny pic of a UK distributors flyer for Star Trek I photo'd from my own collection... Where do they get these models from

Star_Trek.jpgStar_Trek.jpg

#88 11 years ago

That last one looks like the Nanny, Fran Drescher

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-collect-flyers/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.