(Topic ID: 120179)

Anyone care to scan X-files manual as pdf?

By Edenecho

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by barakandl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

$_57.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jefff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 4 years ago

If nobody does this by the weekend, I'll give it a go.

Have to dig out the scanner first though... haven't used it in years.

#6 4 years ago

I also posted over on the KLOV to see if anybody had a copy to share. If not, Saturday morning coffee and scanning sounds like a plan.

#13 4 years ago

I did start scanning this today. Had an issue with re-installing the scanner but I finally straightened it out early this evening.

I have been manually scanning each page for the past 45 minutes while enjoying a couple beers. I'd say I'm about 1/3 done. If someone else posts a copy before I finish... no problem... I'll just have another beer.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Send me the book. I can use high end office equipment. It would take me 30 seconds to scan it all into a high res multi page PDF. I can do the 11x17 pages double sided in one pass.

Heh... wish I would have seen this yesterday.

Here's my attempt at it...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Dud6paVc_UYXVyc1lPTHAtN00/view?usp=sharing
(changed link to less compressed version, see my post below...)

If it turns out people think it's crap then I'll send it your way. The file is pretty large but maybe someone can optimize it? I can also upload the raw scans for each page if someone else wants to try to put it together as a smaller .pdf.

#17 4 years ago

Hmmm... I just viewed the copy I uploaded and the schematics pages look like they got a bit more pixelated than I thought. I'll upload a different version where I didn't do any extra compression. I will add the new link once it's done uploading.

[EDIT]
Here's the much less compressed version...

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Ideally a manual and schematic you want to scan in a pure black and white, 300 dpi. Everything is line drawings or text for the most part. Be careful on the colored paper pages when they are in sega books. The green, blue, pink, sheets can be hard to scan without picking up the background.

I tried black and white(1 bit), 300dpi and it looked horrible on a bunch of pages so I settled on gray scale(8-bit), 300dpi.

With today's internet speeds I figure 100Mb file is nothing really and if it makes the schematics more readable then good. There are soo many manuals online that have hard to read/impossible to read pages. It's great they were scanned but sometimes you still need a real manual to see what is what.

Thanks a lot for the offer too! If people don't care for this version of the manual then I'll send it your way this week.

#23 4 years ago

Here's a 1-bit(B&W) copy that's only 34Mb in size in case someone wants it...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Dud6paVc_UM2tVQ3Vpall1Vk0/view?usp=sharing

And here's the original 8-bit copy that's 125Mb in size...

I like the 8-bit copy better for reading the schematics but the B&W version is decent enough I guess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wood Dale, IL
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Sebring, FL
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jefff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside