(Topic ID: 316600)

Anyone buy or try the new HD Pin2DMD yet?

By GILV

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Nepi23
  • Topic is favorited by 19 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HDBF (resized).jpg
    DevEbox-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_9871 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0893 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9061 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9059 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9058 (resized).JPG
    20220414_215343 (resized).jpg
    20220413_193246 (resized).jpg
    20220401_214038 (resized).jpg
    20220327_171714 (resized).jpg
    20220327_170146 (resized).jpg
    20220327_154055 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider latenite04.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from GILV:

WOW! You made one?
    What is the knowledge needed to make these?
    I saw a kit that was'nt so expensive (199$ USD) but I was very hesitant in making it myself, I could'nt even understand the instructions, so I thought to myself: "If I can't understand what's being explained, how will I get to even start making it", so I went and bought it instead.

Where did you see kits?

#8 1 year ago

The display controller is the hardware that converts the signal from the machine into the output for the led panels. Depending on what you added to the cart on pcbway you might still need to pay for the components to populate the boards and the led panels that mount on the front. That price looks like it's for 5 unpopulated boards. These displays do look awesome, when chip supplies ease I might look into getting a few.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from GILV:

So is it worth the 197$ ? How much would the additional components cost to make a complete display?

You would have to get a quote from pcbway on the other components. The hardest one to get is the STM processor chip, if they can find them they are often $40-50 on their own. Two of the large led panels are about $100 shipped from aliexpress.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Damn; I paid $100 for my normal-sized one. Although this is a whole speaker panel, with smaller speakers. but OMWOW expensive!

I think that's in AUD so about $550us.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider latenite04.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-buy-or-try-the-new-hd-pin2dmd-yet?tu=latenite04 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.