Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nwpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

So now the wife is thinking about the Dominica Republic. Has anyone been there and how is the diving?

#4 6 years ago

We are not ones to stay on resorts. We want to go and do and see everything there is to see. I’m fact the only time we ever see our hotel or resort is when we come dragging our tired asses on to go to sleep.

#8 6 years ago

I appreciate you guy’s advise. We are going to have to do some research and planning.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

Funny, last time I was there was right around 1985 while on vacation. Cruise ship stopped there. Not much in the way of resorts at that time that I recall but my dad hailed a taxi and told the guy to show us his country. We checked out the baseball stadium and had a beer, Presidente (if I recall correctly), and had a great drive around the around. The cabbie was friendly and seemed to appreciate that we wanted to learn about his country. My dad has always been an explorer and likes to get off the beaten path of all the tourists.

That is the experience we had in Belize. We loved it. We had a guide that took us to everything for a week. He even did all the excursions with us. He even saved my wife from a deadly snake. She thought it was a boa and he pushed her out of the way and killed the snake apparently they have vipers that look like boas there. We hiked through jungles and ate termites and got chiggers all over our whole body. At the end of the trip we were sad to leave him.

#20 6 years ago

We are going to check into it. We have been to Cozumel twice so it’s good to go different places. As long as the diving is good. After the American Virgin Islands, Belize and Hawaii we may be spoiled.

#31 6 years ago

I did some research and it looks like a blast for diving. The wife however chose Cozumel because we couldn’t get a flight under 13 hours. Or so she said. Now I want to go there.

#34 6 years ago

She could not get a non stop flight from here to there. I’m sur she could have if she contacted the airlines directly but we use the cheapest mode available to get there so we can spend more money on doing stuff. We are not ones to sit around on the beach. I do want to go there now though. Maybe next year.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

I fly direct everytime. Air Transat airbus 310-330. Worst company ever but its the best choice.

Can you get worse than United?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zr11990.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-been-to-the-dominican-republic?tu=zr11990 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.