Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by nwpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spencer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

I go to Punta Cana twice a year and have for the last 8 years. I've never had a problem, not even once did I feel scared or intimidated. The whole family, wife and 8/10 year old girls feels safe. We were seconds from buying a place and moving, if the exchange rate didn't suck so bad, I'd be writing this from my Punta Cana deck....

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

I haven't been there for 20 plus years, but when I was there it was not the best area to explore off the beaten path. I have zero interest in going back.

20 years ago, it was a terrible place. Government changed, people changed. Its my favorite place in the world.

#13 6 years ago

Presidente indeed. Read some articles about it, more specifically, why it doesn't freeze, lol. Perfect beer for the weather.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

You still have to be careful doing stuff like that though. Not saying you can't, but try go though someone reputable. I get off the beaten path quite a bit and have been robbed twice. Once wasn't exactly a robbery, but the guy made it pretty clear we needed to pay him a decent amount of money for his "tour" if we wanted to be shown the way back.

Totally agree, the thing is, where can you go that this "couldn't" happen?

We leave all our jewelry at home, put the girls in pony tails and baseball caps and I never bring excessive money with me. We always have caution on our minds but we are always happy and polite to the locals. We also learnt some Spanish, it helps alot.

#32 6 years ago

13 hours to DR from Texas? Only take 7 from Calgary, Canada...

#35 6 years ago

All this talk inspired me, just booked our next vacation to Punta Cana!

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes i doubt there is one. DR airport probably too small for big ass planes, so you have to switch to smaller planes in Florida.

I fly direct everytime. Air Transat airbus 310-330. Worst company ever but its the best choice.

#42 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Can you get worse than United?

Tough call I guess. I've had some bad times...

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

If we could have a time warp, I'd go with Northwest.

As a kid we used to fly Wardair to Hawaii every year. 2 level plane, super cool..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spencer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-been-to-the-dominican-republic?tu=Spencer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.