(Topic ID: 279561)

Anyone beat the trash truck for a free pinball machine?

By terrapinmark

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Gorgar666
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.17.11 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.17.23 AM (resized).png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.16.56 AM (resized).png

#1 9 months ago

A friend was able to grab this "Air Aces" (for me) before it flew into the back of a trash truck! He wore a mask and sprayed it down with Lysol first

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.16.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.17.11 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.17.23 AM (resized).png
    #2 9 months ago

Yea just picked a GnR CE from trash, my lucky day.

#3 9 months ago

I've bagged a couple this way via friends that knew I collect and restore pins.
    It really pays dividends to let everyone know you are looking for project
    pins!

#4 9 months ago

You know what they say ... One man's trash is another man's project pin!

#5 9 months ago

Excellent!!! Have no issues with taking something that another throws out. Good for you!!

#6 9 months ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

A friend was able to grab this "Air Aces" (for me) before it flew into the back of a trash truck! He wore a mask and sprayed it down with Lysol first
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

sounds silly but I'd knock and ask if they have any others. who knows they may have a TAF they let go for pennies.

#7 9 months ago
    Quoted from jake35:

sounds silly but I'd knock and ask if they have any others. who knows they may have a TAF they let go for pennies.

A friend of mine was on his way home from mine and passed a garage sale with most of the stuff in the driveway. He noticed a couple pins in the garage so he stopped to ask about them. The owner was a total dick and chewed my buddy's ass up one end and down the other for spying in his garage.

This guy lives a couple blocks from both of us and we occasionally still see the games just sitting folded up in the garage. We have no plans on asking the dick about them again.

#8 9 months ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

A friend of mine was on his way home from mine and passed a garage sale with most of the stuff in the driveway. He noticed a couple pins in the garage so he stopped to ask about them. The owner was a total dick and chewed my buddy's ass up one end and down the other for spying in his garage.
    This guy lives a couple blocks from both of us and we occasionally still see the games just sitting folded up in the garage. We have no plans on asking the dick about them again.

Amazing that the guy acted like that. Especially since there was a garage sale going on.

#9 9 months ago

Yep a Gottlieb Pinball Pool years ago.

#10 9 months ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea just picked a GnR CE from trash, my lucky day.

That was mine. Sorry, I need it back.

#11 9 months ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You know what they say ... One man's trash is another man's project pin!

Nice to see it get a good home rather than junked.

If it's salvageable.

LTG : )

#12 9 months ago

Yup. I picked up a Genco Golden Nugget - a weird vertical game- that way. The guy had it posted on CL with a really high price. When he lowered the price, I shot him a message. Given the photos and condition I passed on it. He messaged me a couple of days later to say that he was putting it out to the curb if I wanted to come get it. It was pouring that day, so I convinced him to keep it under cover until I could get there, and rushed to make the drive.

Still can't get the damned thing to work right though.

#13 9 months ago

Not from the garbage but I got my TAF that was about to be tossed. The guy down the road from me told me about it and I went there and bought it for $600.00 and got it out of there as quick as I could.

#14 9 months ago

No pins, but German slot machines. Also been actually at the dump and seen slots. Because they may only be legally operated for 4 years they lose value rapidly.

#15 9 months ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Not from the garbage but I got my TAF that was about to be tossed. The guy down the road from me told me about it and I went there and bought it for $600.00 and got it out of there as quick as I could.

....no way....

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside