(Topic ID: 70658)

Anyone out of MMR with Pinball Sales? How long it take to get your money back?

By Frax

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Just curious if I need to call them again or not. I know they're busy but should be simple to either cut a check and mail it or use the routing info on my previous check and just do a transfer..

*edit* Fixed the title so Mark knows who I'm talking about...oh wait...

#2 10 years ago

Bump. Nobody?

#3 10 years ago

Didn't know JJP was doing MMR....? Interesting ? Maybe thats why its taking JJP so long to cut you a check?

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#4 10 years ago

Its not JJP. Its pinball sales

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Didn't know JJP was doing MMR....? Interesting ? Maybe thats why its taking JJP so long to cut you a check?
    John P. DayhuffBattle Creek, Mi.269-979-3836

For f's sake.. I know I busted your ass on the tips thing, but you know that I'm intelligent enough to know that, yeah?

They're the DISTRIBUTOR.. I wouldn't ask STERN to refund my deposit on an LE from GEX, yeah!? Jack already said he would process my refund, I'm just wondering if someone else had the experience so I know what kind of timeframe is involved without constantly harassing the guy via email/phone.

"Its not JJP. Its pinball sales"

^ Call it whatever you want....he answers the emails.

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from jrivelli:

How come you dumped your mmr?

Financial, mostly. I got a second job to save some money for it but not making as much as I thought I would, and when I really sat down with my wife (MMR was really more for her..) we both decided that it would be better to wait and buy a standard, for US, given what all we can buy with 8k in terms of non-pinball stuff, and a lot of it is stuff that HAS to be bought, and very little of it is things that we just WANT to buy...so it made sense to take care of that stuff before spending a ridiculous amount of money when the only difference will be gold trim (she doesn't care) and shaker motor (I've had one sitting in a drawer unused for five months.).

#8 10 years ago

Cool, that's actually a logical reason. Seems that so many are out because they can't flip it, lol.

Good luck with the refund!

#9 10 years ago

I think he's busting your chops because you posted in the "Manufacturers --> Jersey Jack Pinball" forum...

Quoted from Frax:

"Its not JJP. Its pinball sales"

#10 10 years ago

The standard is the same price-8k, isn't it?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

I believe he means he will pick up a standard later when he has the money, instead of tying up the money upfront.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

Sure is.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

I think he's busting your chops because you posted in the "Manufacturers --> Jersey Jack Pinball" forum...

Okay. Mods are free to move it to wherever they want. As far as I'm concerned, it's the same guy. I talked to Jack in email, and my wife talked to his wife on the phone when she called about it, so legalese BS aside, it's all the same to me.

#14 10 years ago
    Quoted from TronGuy:

But this might be the MSRP and the selling price might be somewhat lower, like Stern and Woz standard where the selling price is up to the distributor.

#15 10 years ago

Got my check back today took a week. I really wanted it but decided I didn't want to spend 8k right now. Probably helps that my brother in law is getting one so I'll still have one to play.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Its not JJP. Its pinball sales

Goes in same pockets, so how is not the same?

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

Goes in same pockets, so how is not the same?

Different legal entities - same owner. Keep books separate.

#18 10 years ago

Like I said a bunch of legalese crap, lol...

anyways, the answer was "A few days". Jack said he would process it on wed, check arrived on monday. Time to buy some car parts, pay for my inspection and registration, buy my kids' christmas presents...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-back-out-of-mmr-with-jjp-how-long-did-it-take-to-get-your-money-back and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.