(Topic ID: 27951)

Anyone at expo yet?

By nutshell79

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

atown_pingeek1[1].jpg

#1 11 years ago

How are things looking so far? Can't wait to go tomorrow night!

#2 11 years ago

Likely setting up and then getting ready for the bumper blast party tonight.

LTG

#3 11 years ago

Hey Nutshell. I have decided to go tomorrow night as well. Going straight from work. See you there?

#4 11 years ago

I may go Thursday night also.

#5 11 years ago

Yea, I'm going after work too. Actually going to try and sneak out early and have dinner at the micro brew place across the street - hopefully around 5 before the doors at 6

#6 11 years ago

I just flew into Chicago and am heasding for the Westin now. I'm blogging about the event on the Pinball Magazine website and just put up the first part of today: www.pinball-magazine.com.

#7 11 years ago

I'll be representing Pinside at the "Internet Get-Together" on Thursday night at 10:00.

#8 11 years ago

Not that anyone knows me, but I'm going tomorrow night. My first time.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Not that anyone knows me, but I'm going tomorrow night. My first time.

Same here. Plaining to leave MO tomorrow at noon and staying at the expo until Sunday. Cant wait!!!

#10 11 years ago

Jealous, have a few shots for me.

#11 11 years ago

Be there tomorrow for the first time. Should be cool!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I'll be representing Pinside

I'll be hosting a Pinside meet up Friday night 10pm at my show.

LTG

#13 11 years ago

Thinking about heading over Thursday night now too, had only planned going Friday, but since I took Friday off I could go Thursday & friday nights.

Edit: Quick question to Gweem and LTG if your not doing the seminars are these meetups open to all or are they at a seminar? Sorry for the newbie question, this is only my second year going and last year was before I'd found and meet people from here so I just went, bought Some stuff played games and went home. Next year I plan to go all out and do the seminars, tournaments etc, but poor planning on my part eliminates that for this year.

#14 11 years ago

Looks like thursday is turning into another pin-journey for me. I hope to get to expo Friday night or Saturday morning.

#15 11 years ago

Doot don't forget to put a warm blanket over the NF before you leave. Thanks.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from bigduke6:

Doot don't forget to put a warm blanket over the NF before you leave. Thanks.

Ok, I'll tuck it in for the weekend. Haha

#19 11 years ago

Just got here. Woot

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Doot77:

Quick question to Gweem and LTG if your not doing the seminars are these meetups open to all or are they at a seminar?

I had the same question. I'm not doing the seminars this year, but still would like to meet LTG and other pinsiders.

#21 11 years ago

I believe mine is in the seminar category.

LTG

#22 11 years ago

yeah, really wanted to be there this year. Should be a good one.

Does anyone videotape the seminars? I REALLY wanted to see Steve and Mark Ritchie together. Somebody should record that for historical purposes at least. And post it so pinheads can enjoy...

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Does anyone videotape the seminars?

There has been some taping done in recent years, talk of a DVD. I don't know if it went anywhere.

Martin Ayub does have the audio recordings up on Pinball News when the Expo reports go up.

LTG

#24 11 years ago

Does anyone videotape the seminars? I REALLY wanted to see Steve and Mark Ritchie together. Somebody should record that for historical purposes at least. And post it so pinheads can enjoy...

possibly the pingeek? It is on his schedule:
    http://www.pingeek.com/shows.htm

atown_pingeek1[1].jpgatown_pingeek1[1].jpg

#25 11 years ago

Arrived a few hours ago. Phoebe's games are awesome. Watched a pinsider Rule the Universe on her AFM. Saw the Skit-B boys playing a few games, but didn't want to interrupt them ( plenty of time to get the scoop later). had deep dish pizza from Salerno's - Perfecto! About 30 machines setup so far.

#26 11 years ago

Was gonna bring my Tx-Sector whitewood again this year, but the shcedule didnt work for me at all..

Bummed i'm not there..had a great time last year...

I go with Bruce Nightengale SR. , and JR..From pinball lifters inc...

We always have a blast....

To all that are there, or are going this year enjoy its a great time...

#27 11 years ago

Ill be there Friday night for sure. In NJ right now flying back tomorrow so may not be there Thurs night.

Nutshell yo gnna be there Friday?

#28 11 years ago

Ill be up Thursday morning with a Whirlwind and a No Good Gophers.

#29 11 years ago

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon. it's almost GO TIME!!!!!

#30 11 years ago

Just flew in from Georgia!

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from starfighter:

Arrived a few hours ago. Phoebe's games are awesome. Watched a pinsider Rule the Universe on her AFM. Saw the Skit-B boys playing a few games, but didn't want to interrupt them ( plenty of time to get the scoop later). had deep dish pizza from Salerno's - Perfecto! About 30 machines setup so far.

Sorry, but this is the first time I've seen her AFM under lights. It needs to be left in the dark. The playfield and decals are horrid. I DO appreciate her bringing it to the shows, but there's alot of work there to make it as nice as her others.

#32 11 years ago

Yep, the Winnipeg boys are here! We arrived around 8pm. I've had a chance to play some games after eating the meal provided. I've enjoyed the Addams Family Color DMD, looks good. So does the MM and AFM color DMD's. Also got to try out a Joust and finally played my first game of Banzai Run! This is AWESOME and it hasn't even really started yet. Can't wait to play more and buy some cool stuff and maybe........... a new game perhaps?

#33 11 years ago

I am jealous, wishing I was there, o well maybe next time, have fun everyone that gets to go.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Sorry, but this is the first time I've seen her AFM under lights. It needs to be left in the dark. The playfield and decals are horrid. I DO appreciate her bringing it to the shows, but there's alot of work there to make it as nice as her others.

That's just rude.

#35 11 years ago

The Internet Get-Together does not require any particular admission package, but wearing your Expo nametag is a good idea. Thursday night at 10:00, and I'm still unsure about the room.
    .................David Marston

PS: I've been here for a full day now. At least one new country (Argentina) is represented here.

#36 11 years ago

Myself, Tekman and LoriRadford are here representing North Carolina. The color AFM, MM and TAF look awesome. The green DMD in Congo also looks great. Finally got to play a Hercules, cool game.

Looking forward to the Stern tour today and getting the exhibit hall going tonight at 6.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

That takes some balls to say. There are way too many people around here that think the only good machine is one that's a perfect museum piece. There isn't anything wrong with a well loved, well worn machine. They wear their battle scars with pride.

Friggin seriously...she brings an AFM to a show for all to enjoy (among lots of others) and you are complaining about it's condition? Wow. How many are you bringing? Any A-listers? Sure hope they are perfect to keep the elitests happy.

#38 11 years ago

Forbelsop lives near Phoebe, maybe they know each other and he was just giving her crap?

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

Forbelsop lives near Phoebe, maybe they know each other and he was just giving her crap?

I sure hope that's the case, but I saw nothing "winky" in his message. If I missed the friendly ribbing or sarcasm, I apologize for my reaction.

#40 11 years ago

Got here yesterday to swap some pins, set up, and eat italian.....

Still sparce, many more will come. Off the the annual stern tour.....see you soon Gary

#41 11 years ago

Got in last night and set up my Cactus Canyon P-Roc project in Robs repair room. Stop by and check it out I you have time.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jediturtle:

I sure hope that's the case, but I saw nothing "winky" in his message. If I missed the friendly ribbing or sarcasm, I apologize for my reaction.

Thanks! but I don't think that's the case...

Phoebe

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Kind of a dick move.

This is something you think to yourself, and keep it there.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Got in last night and set up my Cactus Canyon P-Roc project in Robs repair room. Stop by and check it out I you have time.

That was you?

I was right behind ya moving the Paragon in. (which sold 5 mins after I got it on its legs)

Waaay cool ya have that at the show. I can't wait to check it out!!

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

That was you?
    I was right behind ya moving the Paragon in. (which sold 5 mins after I got it on its legs)
    Waaay cool ya have that at the show. I can't wait to check it out!!

How much did you end up getting for Paragon if you don't mind me asking? Just curious what they're going for.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from tvbenk:

Myself, Tekman and LoriRadford are here representing North Carolina. The color AFM, MM and TAF look awesome. The green DMD in Congo also looks great. Finally got to play a Hercules, cool game.
    Looking forward to the Stern tour today and getting the exhibit hall going tonight at 6.

Wish I could be there Ben. Y'all have fun and let me know about Predator? Thanx Bud..

#47 11 years ago

Everyone have fun and eat some Chicago pizza for me. Pics would be great too.

Phoebe- I'd love to have someone like you around me in TN. I think it's absolutely great you share your machines with others. I only have a lowly JP that I'm sure people wouldn't think highly of, but it's my baby and I don't know that I would trust others to touch it.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrDo:

Why does every machine have to be a showpiece? 99% of the people here would be happy to have a AFM in ANY condition.

Don't play it if it's too horrid for you....

Sheesh.

#49 11 years ago

Machines I hope to play at the show (Saturday):

Haunted House
    The Shadow
    Circus Voltaire
    Wizard of Oz
    Judge Dred
    Anything with zipper flippers (Never played one before WTH)
    Black Rose

All these I have never played...hope some one was willing to bring them to the show.

#50 11 years ago

There is a couple videos someone posted on Youtube last night which shows some of the games being set up on the expo floor. (just put Pinball expo 2012 in the search engine on Youtube and pan down you can't miss it) They've already set up Judge Dredd, Scared Stiff, TOTAN, The Shadow, GNR, Bride of Pinbot and many others. You get to see Phoebe's games. They look great. Can't wait to see what else shows up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-at-expo-yet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.