New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 271702)

Anyone an Escape Room Fanatic?

By marioparty34

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Pinmeister
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

#1 3 months ago

My family and I love escape rooms. We have probably done over 150 across the US. Our top two favorites are "Houdini" at Palace Games in San Fran and Lab Rats in LA.

What are some of the best you have been to?

#2 3 months ago

Boda Borg near Boston, MA is the best "escape room" I've done. It's actually a facility with 20-25 puzzle "quests", each one having 2-5 rooms involved in solving. You get a few minutes in each room of the quest to move on before the buzzer sounds and the exit door opens. It's fast paced which i like, you're not spending long stymied by one aspect.. you either solve it or start over, and there's lots of different themes to experience, instead of just one/two rooms with the same theme.

The other part I like, which I greatly dislike about the other escape rooms I've done (probably 5 or so, so not that many) is that none of Boda Borg's puzzles feel tangential to the main quest, i.e. the other escape rooms always have some weird mechanic like solving a crossword puzzle or something that is used to combine all the clues but doesn't really integrate with the theme otherwise. Basically, all the other thirty minute or hour long escape rooms I've done have a very contrived aspect that is used but not at all integrated.

#3 3 months ago

Sounds pretty cool. I think a place like that just opened up around me. I will have to go check it out when it's safe.

Does your Boda Borg really have a buffet taco bar? That's interesting.

#4 3 months ago

It would be kind of cool if there was an old mansion that you had to escape from.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 219.00
$ 149.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 19.95
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 36.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 35.00
$ 139.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 35.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinfarmer Mods
$ 13.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Cobra Amusements
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
€ 8.10
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside