Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

9A8CF614-4FF6-4213-A0A4-2F686002E1A5 (resized).jpeg
    2D1BB446-D71D-4F03-A1D3-31AE06DA3F01 (resized).jpeg
    F9C60FB7-1E73-4F4E-9414-8A882CE4BC3C (resized).jpeg
    D5E8985F-A62D-47E0-A14B-0E828177A61F (resized).jpeg
    4CD56884-BFB7-40F6-B249-2577FC4608D6 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

Too thin for most mig welders, unless you are good at doing a spot here and a spot there. Plus the equipment, helmet etc.

Might could braze / solder it with a butane or propane torch.

The $150 for a pro's time & materials starts sounding better, if you aren’t ready to buy a new yard art.

How about getting some scrap metal and JB Weld?

#7 1 year ago

Could teach yourself to braise using a plumber's kit (oxy acetylene) , but for thin stuff like that you'll also want a jeweler’s torch. Not inexpensive. Hat's how I started doing small metals art.

FYI Eastwood.com has a mig for $300 that has better specs than the Lincoln / Millers. Great for a hobbies, made in China, might not hold up for someone using it to make a living. A great starter mig. That’s what I have.

#11 1 year ago

How about a road trip to Mexico? Bet you'll find some. Or back to San Antonio.

#15 1 year ago

Yard art I made for my wife with my mig. 1/8” steel, because I had a bunch of it.

2D1BB446-D71D-4F03-A1D3-31AE06DA3F01 (resized).jpeg2D1BB446-D71D-4F03-A1D3-31AE06DA3F01 (resized).jpeg
    #19 1 year ago

And now you have a relationship with a metal shop that could come in handy someday, pinball-wise.

2 weeks later
    #24 1 year ago

For those wanting to animate your work, you can get “Christmas” motors on Amazon. Used for the wire deers that move their heads up & down. Easy- they run on house current & move slowly . No need for gearing or a transformer.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-a-welder-need-some-advice?tu=undrdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.