(Topic ID: 214964)

Anyone in the Raleigh Durham area? (New Years thread revive)

By Mando

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8EA571F3-88C0-4D23-A480-C0D787697596 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avh7401.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 5 years ago

I am located in Raleigh. Boxcar is a good place to play modern games. They usually add in a new title every few months or so. From my experience, you can find machines in restaurants on rare occasions, too.

3 weeks later
    #43 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotronjohn:

I would like to mention that Boxcar tends to have mainly LE model Stern games. They have also have JJP pins and recently installed a TNA. They are getting a CE Pirates. 17 pins currently in the Raleigh location.

Where did you get the information of Boxcar putting in a CE Pirates? robotronjohn

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I have been to BoxCar a few times went this weekend and got BBQ next door .. I’ll try and make the Auction but not sure as I have some plans in the evening I can break .

I am guessing that the BBQ place you went to was "The Pit". Did you like it? I, myself, was disappointed with it with all the good word the place gets.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I think it’s pretty good what did you get ?

It was a while back, and only went there one time. If I am correct, I got the pulled pork with blackeye peas and coleslaw, I believe... Mando

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

We were at the boxcar this weekend too (Saturday), maybe we bumped into you and didnt even know it.

Quoted from Mando:

Oh yes I was totally there Saturday !!

I was there last Friday; it looks like I missed both of you guys! Iron Maiden was my favorite game that I got to play at my last visit to Boxcar. What was your favorite? bam10 Mando

#51 5 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Took the kid Monday....played TNA. Totally unimpressed. Not sure what all the hype was on this one.

I agree. In my opinion, the playfield feels too empty. There is plenty of space where they could have added more shots. I do however feel that they may have designed the same with much simplicity on purpose; I think that they were going for retro feel, such as an 80's solid state machine. robertmee

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

My wife and I were there mainly to play iron Maiden which we liked and guardians which we didnt like as much. She wasn't really in the mood to spend all day there. I did get to put my initials on maiden. Maybe going to have one in our future.

I didn't enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy, either. bam10

1 month later
    #58 5 years ago

I apologize for bringing up an old thread, but I thought that this thread would be a good place to ask this question: does anyone one know where you can compete in tournaments in Raleigh? Are there any other pinball-related events in the Raleigh and Durham area besides tournaments, as well?

5 months later
    #77 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotronjohn:

Somehow I missed this many month's ago. I know things because I am friends with the route guys who own the boxcar pinball machines.
    Munsters LE next month.. Launch party tentative Feb 27.

Thank you for responding. I got a chance to play the machine last weekend; Pirates of the Caribbean is probably one of my top three pinball machines now! robotronjohn

1 month later
    #82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Qman97:

Went to BC Raleigh with my son last night......very cool place! Played some older vids from my youth Punchout, burger time, Track and field etc....
    Was really excited to play Iron Maiden really wish I could hear the music.....loooong time IM fan, was fun not one I would drop $8k plus on.
    Played guardians of the galaxy......seemed a little easy scored 370million on first game. Just keep getting the balls locked in groots mouth and start multi ball.
    Really fun place had a lot of nice new pins to play gets REALLY crowded about 8p on a Saturday night

Boxcar is great! I go with my father on Saturday nights, too, and it does get very crowded. The pinball machines are loud enough to be heard when not too many people are there. My only complaint is that they removed Twilight Zone, which is my favorite pinball machine. Also, I like your profile picture, by the way.
    Qman97

1 week later
    #86 5 years ago
    Quoted from Qman97:

TZ is a great machine would love to see/play Tommy once

Quoted from wfumed2:

They have a Tommy at Quarter Horse in Durham.

I played Tommy at the Quarter Horse; I did not really get into it. I have only been to the Quarter Horse once. I went on a Friday evening at around 6 PM and there were only three other people in the bar besides me. They have a decent selection of machines at best, in my opinion. But finding somewhere to play pinball is fun and I always give a machine a chance when I find one. Qman97

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider avh7401.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyhone-in-the-raliegh-durham-area?tu=avh7401 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.