(Topic ID: 214964)

Anyone in the Raleigh Durham area? (New Years thread revive)

By Mando

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 99 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by robertmee
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8EA571F3-88C0-4D23-A480-C0D787697596 (resized).jpeg

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Hey fellow pinsiders, moving there in a month. Just wondering who all is there. New game room is going to have to be the loft so that should be fun

#2 5 years ago

I'm in Greensboro, about 45 minutes from Durham and an hour from Raleigh. There are a couple of decent location places to play.

#3 5 years ago

I work in Chapel Hill, nice Barcade there. I go to Raleigh twice a week but my visits are Business, busy place. Bring some deals with you, the Market/Availability is tight in NC for desirable older Titles. Welcome to NC!

#4 5 years ago

Im in wake Forest which is basically north raleigh.

#5 5 years ago

South Chapel Hill...someone should setup a meetup at Boxcar - I would definitely be interested

#6 5 years ago

Yea my office that I will go to 3 to 4 times a week is walking distance to box car...I am going to be in Holly Springs so not sure close to you all but close enough

Here is what I currently have
    Star Wars LE, Ghostbusters Premium, Metallica, TSPP and No Good Gofers

#7 5 years ago

I am in Cary just outside Raleigh. Welcome!

#8 5 years ago

I live in downtown Raleigh, Boxcar and Level up are great. There’s tournaments all the time.

Good luck with the move. Shoot me a pm if you want to meet up. Welcome to come play Whirlwind, Taxi and Mousin Around at my house. I’m working on a Pinbot right now, could use some help!

-Collin

#9 5 years ago

Durham has the Bull Pen next to the ball park. Great beer. I started another thread

#10 5 years ago

Cool and Collin I would be glad to help you out! I will revive this thread when I get there, hopefully the movers can get my machines up the stairs ok

#11 5 years ago

Hey
    When you get here PM me as well. More than glad to helpyou move, my Escalera is bored and ready to attack some stairs

#12 5 years ago

Will do, like I mentioned in your PM(thanks) the movers are supposed to do it...but hey I may be tempted to buy or sell something while i am there haha

#13 5 years ago

Hi,
    I am new to the forum and new to the country, living in Cary now.
    Sold my pins before being transferred to the US (Metallica and Circus), will soon get a couple of pins.
    I have been to Box Car a few times, great place, great choice of games.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from GodSpeedBR:

Hi,
    I am new to the forum and new to the country, living in Cary now.
    Sold my pins before being transferred to the US (Metallica and Circus), will soon get a couple of pins.
    I have been to Box Car a few times, great place, great choice of games.

Awesome, where do you move from? You can come play mine! I may sell my Ghostbusters and get a Iron Maiden...or just get Maiden but my wife says I have to get rid of one LOL.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

South Chapel Hill...someone should setup a meetup at Boxcar - I would definitely be interested

Got family in Chapel Hill. Next time I'm that way, I'll treat any pinsider to a lunch at Bullock's BBQ in Durham. No pins but good food before playin'. (:
    Lived in Durham about '76-'80. Great stuff.

#16 5 years ago

I'm in Morrisville but I usually play at the Abari tournaments in Charlotte (just prefer their games). There's certainly a ton of tournaments and new games on route around here these days though. - Tyler

#17 5 years ago

I live about 20 miles from Raleigh but I'm only around part of the year. One thing you might like is the auctions in Winston Salem. They normally have around 15 to 20 pins for sale. Look for Auction Game Sales for upcoming auctions. I think they have a website.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from fingersport:

Look for Auction Game Sales for upcoming auctions. I think they have a website.

http://auctiongamesales.com/

#19 5 years ago

I know that attack7777 lives around these parts.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Awesome, where do you move from? You can come play mine! I may sell my Ghostbusters and get a Iron Maiden...or just get Maiden but my wife says I have to get rid of one LOL.

I moved from Brazil, i am glad to know that there are many pinheads in the area!
    I am a big Iron Maiden fan, seen them live several times, but I am not sure yet if I want to buy that game...

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from GodSpeedBR:

I moved from Brazil, i am glad to know that there are many pinheads in the area!
    I am a big Iron Maiden fan, seen them live several times, but I am not sure yet if I want to buy that game...

Oh cool we have many Brazilians down here in south Florida

#22 5 years ago

I'm in Raleigh...I have about 13 games (some stored at neighbors). Some games not seen normally (AMH, RZLE, Mystery Castle, Pistol Poker, Pinball Magic, POTO)...I tend to gravitate towards the horror themes. I might host a pinside get together in June depending on travel schedule.

#23 5 years ago

That would be fantastic should you volunteer to host
    I would definitely come over

#24 5 years ago

I live a little over an hour away from the Raleigh Durham area and go down that way a lot. It’s a nice area. There’s not many pinsiders near me, I’d love to be able to meet up and play a few games if there was an event

#25 5 years ago

For sure I’d go too! I will be around in June as my travel plans for work ended up being in Raleigh! How convienient for me

Well if nothing else I have kicked up some pinside friendships here !!

#26 5 years ago

Count me in on a meet.

#27 5 years ago

I'm in Cary too. And count me in for a meet, I'll bring beer

#28 5 years ago

Welcome to NC, im in Greensboro there are quite a few locations within 1-2 hours driving from Raleigh.

Facebook group local to Raleigh w/ announcements for tournaments, new games added, launch partys ect.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/trianglepinball/

Other facebook groups local to NC:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1829941637224501/
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/847955561998682/

Places to play:

Boxcar Raleigh- (new sterns, jersey jacks, +others monthly selfie leagues and monthly knockout tourneys)
    Level up Raleigh- (monthly tournaments and some decent food)
    Abari Charlotte- (18+ pins mostly bally williams, a few sterns, monthly tournaments, home to State Finals, Iron Maiden Launch Party soon.)
    Palmer St Charlotte- (8+ pins, mix of new sterns, data east, sega, they just got a Houdini, monthly tournaments)
    Reboot Arcade Winston Salem- (10 + pins always changing games, mix of new sterns, bally williams, data east, sega and classics. Monthly Tournament)
    Boxcar Greensboro- (12 new sterns LE and Jersey Jack LE's, monthly selfie league tourneys)
    Flippers Arcade Grandy- (40+ pins a few more hours drive as they are located at the outer banks, home to major papa circuit tourny in november)

1 week later
    #30 5 years ago

I am located in Raleigh. Boxcar is a good place to play modern games. They usually add in a new title every few months or so. From my experience, you can find machines in restaurants on rare occasions, too.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Any good powder coaters in the area ?

There's a place in Garner behind the walmart that does good work for a reasonable price. The local hot rod forum recommends them.

#33 5 years ago

Iron Maiden?
    Can’t advise on powder, I paint everything.

#35 5 years ago

I'm currently in North Raleigh and looking to move downtown later this year.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from MMP:

I'm currently in North Raleigh and looking to move downtown later this year.

Were 7 minutes from downtown. Downtown is really growing and would be cool to walk everywhere, but if you're driving it's a mess. Seems every street has construction of some sort on it.

3 weeks later
    #37 5 years ago

Forgot to mention that I made it here

8EA571F3-88C0-4D23-A480-C0D787697596 (resized).jpeg8EA571F3-88C0-4D23-A480-C0D787697596 (resized).jpeg

#38 5 years ago

Mando Welcome. I'm in Raleigh as well. Great place to live

#39 5 years ago

Glad you made it. I am in Winston Salem and there is a pin auction here next Saturday at 10 am. If you can make it you will meet a lot of local pinheads. Look up Auction game sales to get address.

#40 5 years ago

I would like to mention that Boxcar tends to have mainly LE model Stern games. They have also have JJP pins and recently installed a TNA. They are getting a CE Pirates. 17 pins currently in the Raleigh location.

#41 5 years ago

Flippers in Grandy has between 50 and 70 pins. They were just over 70 last month when I went out there.

#42 5 years ago

I have been to BoxCar a few times went this weekend and got BBQ next door .. I’ll try and make the Auction but not sure as I have some plans in the evening I can break .

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from robotronjohn:

I would like to mention that Boxcar tends to have mainly LE model Stern games. They have also have JJP pins and recently installed a TNA. They are getting a CE Pirates. 17 pins currently in the Raleigh location.

Where did you get the information of Boxcar putting in a CE Pirates? robotronjohn

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I have been to BoxCar a few times went this weekend and got BBQ next door .. I’ll try and make the Auction but not sure as I have some plans in the evening I can break .

I am guessing that the BBQ place you went to was "The Pit". Did you like it? I, myself, was disappointed with it with all the good word the place gets.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from AVH7401:

I am guessing that the BBQ place you went to was "The Pit". Did you like it? I, myself, was disappointed with it with all the good word the place gets.

I think it’s pretty good what did you get ?

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

I think it’s pretty good what did you get ?

It was a while back, and only went there one time. If I am correct, I got the pulled pork with blackeye peas and coleslaw, I believe... Mando

#47 5 years ago

We were at the boxcar this weekend too (Saturday), maybe we bumped into you and didnt even know it.

#48 5 years ago

Oh yes I was totally there Saturday !!

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mando:

Took the kid Monday....played TNA. Totally unimpressed. Not sure what all the hype was on this one.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from bam10:

We were at the boxcar this weekend too (Saturday), maybe we bumped into you and didnt even know it.

Quoted from Mando:

I was there last Friday; it looks like I missed both of you guys! Iron Maiden was my favorite game that I got to play at my last visit to Boxcar. What was your favorite? bam10 Mando

There are 99 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyhone-in-the-raliegh-durham-area/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.