(Topic ID: 154915)

Anybody want my GBLE order spot? Act quick!

By pinrock

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by metahugh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Hermans-hermits-3_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

Why cancel? You can make money when it ships to you. Leave it in the box and add $1k.

#22 8 years ago

Wow, so everyone is a scumbag that buys something and sells it for more? As a buyer, are you a scumbag if you pay $2k less for a machine still NIB from a guy that is selling because he cannot afford it or the game is not as great as people thought it would be?

It's called "market." If GB is a huge hit the GB LE will command far more than MSRP. If it is a flop they will likely sell for far less. The initial buyer is taking a chance and has a opportunity to make money or lose money depending on how the game goes over.

I guess the distributors are all scumbags also for selling for more than they paid. Everyone at Stern are scumbags for making money on a product. The employees are scumbags for accepting pay for something they should build for free. Nobody is entitled to make money on anything except people that work outside of pinball.

I am glad everyone is making money on pinball. The more money that flows into the pinball field the better.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You're an asshole if you buy something in limited supply that a lot of people want with the intention of selling it again for a markup while putting in nothing yourself. If you buy a pin and then fix it up, you've added value. If you buy a pin you want and later get tired of it and see that the price has gone up, lucky you. If you jump on some $50 Craigslist pin too quickly for someone who actually cares to have a chance, bring it home, windex the glass, and then post it here for $500.... you're an asshole

<Political opinion removed> Nobody is entitled to the $50 pin on Craigslist except the person that is willing to rebuild it to new standards and then sell it for a loss.

If Stern is willing to sell pins for $8k I could care less who buys them. I'm sure glad this is still the USA where people have the opportunity to do what they want instead of being told exactly what they can do and what they can own.

BTW, the "Added Value" could just be the fact that the person buying it first is taking ALL the risk of whether the game is good or not. Look at all the people here talking about how happy they were that they did not end up with WWF LE. If you tried to spec that title you lost a lot of money. If you want to "play before pay" then you are going to pay more if the machine is a hit. That is life.

#38 8 years ago

Sorry about the political post - I did not read the TOS prior and did not realize it was a violation - again my apologies.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Considering the person who made the original comment has been trying to get 4200 for an RFM I wouldn't be jumping to his defense so quickly. Some people just want every last dime they can get out of the hobby. Some folks don't like this.

Yep, I started at $4,200. The machine is 100% like brand new. There is not even a speck of dust on it. I paid $3700 for it and spent $300 installing LEDs and a video amp. You might also want to visit the ad before you speak about what you do not know - I am lowering the price $25 per day until it sells. I am letting the market determine the price. The BUYER will determine what it sells for. When you look at all the trashed out RFMs out there and the dealers trying to get $4,800 out of their slugged out routed machines I do not think I am too far off, but again, the market will decide.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Why can't we do both??

I agree. I am surprised someone has not called you a crook for selling a NIB CC for $15k. What was that machine new, $4k?

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Some have and now he's selling a NIB AMH for $9000!

Get out the pitchforks!

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

So far it looks like the market disagrees. As for 300 in leds, they don't add a dime in value to the machine. It was customized to your tastes and you wanted to get every last dime out of it. In regards to paying 3700, you got had. End of the day though you suggested trying to scalp the machine so to speak. So yes, you want to squeeze every last dime out.

How did I "get had?" I agreed to pay $3,700 from a nice couple less than 2 miles away. I offered and they sold. I wanted the best one I could find and it happened to be right next door to me. If I lose money it is not a big deal as I have enjoyed playing it. What does "scalp the machine" mean anyway? Why is it that negativity is the norm for pinball? I really enjoy playing these machines and trading them when something new comes along. Is that so wrong? And, yes, you are correct. So far the market does not agree my price is low enough. I'm not too worried. It will sell when it sells - no big deal. Also, the video amplifier definitely adds value. It is a completely different game without it. It is not an easy install for a non - Wells Gardner monitor which mine has. Play one without the amp and then play one with it installed and you will understand. As for the LEDs - that is up to the buyer to determine. I think it makes a huge difference.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glasairpilot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-want-my-gble-order-spot?tu=glasairpilot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.