(Topic ID: 194344)

Anybody using Pinsound Board on White Water?

By Cserold

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by KJS
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys/gals,

Does anybody have the Pinsound board installed in WH2O? I just put one in and trying to figure out if the behavior I am seeing is normal or not. Often times when turning the game on the Pinsound intro music plays multiple times and then when you start a game there is no audio. Also after getting a Whirlpool Award it seems if the background music gets "stuck" and repeatedly plays in the background even after losing a ball. The Pinsound guys have been very helpful and I have several of their boards which are awesome. Just wanting to see if the community has any feedback on this. Cheers, Craig

#2 6 years ago

Hi,

Have you tried to ask your question on the pinsound forum ? Also have tried to download again the audio file from the website ? Or another audio file for WW ? Then check if you get the same problem. I guess you are waiting for the end of the board init before stating the game.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Hi,
Have you tried to ask your question on the pinsound forum ? Also have tried to download again the audio file from the website ? Or another audio file for WW ? Then check if you get the same problem. I guess you are waiting for the end of the board init before stating the game.

hey there. Have not yet asked on Pinsound forum but will do that. I've reloaded both the firmware and the WH2O files and same issue. I am waiting for the end of the board init to start the game but, on my FishTales with Pinsound, it doesn't seem to matter if you start the game before the board initializes. Thanks for the reply. -- Craig

#4 6 years ago

On the community forum, there are a few issues with the White water, maybe you ll find a solution there. Otherwise, there is only one file available, so you do not have an alternate file to test. Hope you ll find your way. Good luck.

#5 6 years ago

Hey, I had issues with my pinsound board as well on my wh20.
What gave me trouble was the rottendog CPU board! I wouldn't get any sound at all, but when I put in an old Williams CPU board it worked like a champ!

#6 6 years ago

the Whirlpool sound is a problem i had the exact same thing that the sound does not cancel when the ball drains through the Whirlpool and then carries on till the mode is over or ball drains
hope this helps

1 month later
#7 6 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

the Whirlpool sound is a problem i had the exact same thing that the sound does not cancel when the ball drains through the Whirlpool and then carries on till the mode is over or ball drains
hope this helps

Wanted to update that the pinsound guys fixed this issue and the file on their website now includes this fix. I still have other random issues when starting game where sound won't start until I play with the volume buttons inside the cab. Im not using any rottendog boards

5 months later
#8 6 years ago

Having these same issue now myself. Very frustrating!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

12,610 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mapleton, UT
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

7,699 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Sugarloaf, CO
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-using-pinsound-board-on-white-water and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.