Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by PinRetail
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Imonex AH jam (resized).JPG
    Imonex coins hump (resized).JPG
    Imonex coin jam (resized).JPG
    IMG_20181009_115209428 (Custom) (resized).jpg
    IMG_20181009_115156748 (Custom) (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

I don't exclusively use Imonex, but a have several in my games. I think most of them might be an older model, but I do have three V9 in my shop. They are marked Model 950. If I remember I'll double check the games I have on location and see if they are a different model.

My experience is they don't accept foreign currency or tokens. In fact, I was given a few Imonex mechs that were token models and they wouldn't accept quarters. They were Model 984.

I've found them to be pretty reliable and don't cause many problems. They will jam if a larger coin gets through. This really only happens if your game has an Entropy door and has the wrong size coin slot installed. A couple of my games had larger slots and I've had this issue. I think I'm down to only one game with large slots, I keep forgetting to change them out.

Below is the experiment I just ran with the v9 Model 950 mechs I have on hand. The bottom row are two foreign coins that were accepted (1 Dinar and 50 Bani?) and one weird token with slots. Everything above the bottom row was rejected as it should be. Many of the tokens were rejected right away because they are larger in diameter so they never make it past the first gate.

Rather than spend $20 on new ones I'd recommend keeping an eye out for them. Ask friends that are in the hobby if they have any and swap them out. Or go over and look through their games and see if they have any. If you go to any shows, look for them and pick some up, just don't get any of the .984 models, test them with quarters before buying them. Give them a test run at your location before forking out the money for new mechs.
    IMG_20181009_115156748 (Custom) (resized).jpgIMG_20181009_115156748 (Custom) (resized).jpgIMG_20181009_115209428 (Custom) (resized).jpgIMG_20181009_115209428 (Custom) (resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

There are some inside the mech itself but usually I find a Canadian quarter stuck to the magnet causing a jam.

In Michigan I'd probably remove the magnets and let Canadian Quarters through (if they go through). I get enough of them in KS, I've got $8.25 of them sitting at my desk right now. I can't imagine how many you get further north.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from schudel5:

People jamming in pennies and nickels seem to be increasing lately too.

Since some of the slots (like on Stern games) state 25 cents, kids think they can use dimes, nickels, and pennies. One of my locations has had to explain to kids that they need to use quarters and that dimes, nickels, etc. won't work.

One time I had a dollar coin jammed in a slot so hard I thought I was going to have to go out and grab a pair of pliers to remove it.

As I mentioned previously, I had a couple doors with oversize slots in them. So far this year I've received 5 dollar coins (which get jammed in the coin mech) and two 50 cent pieces, one of which is from 1952 and solid silver.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-use-imonex-v9-mechs?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.