Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Rondogg
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1958 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1953 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1949 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1947 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1946 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0249 (resized).JPG
    There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 7 years ago

Pink Floyd's my favorite band.Anyone going?

#2 7 years ago

Yes, in Chicago, July. I think it's my 5th time seeing him.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

Yes, in Chicago, July. I think it's my 5th time seeing him.

I don't think I need to ask how they were.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Amazing. The last two were on The Wall tour. The great thing about Roger is he starts on time (no opening act).

#5 7 years ago

NO. because he forces his politics down your throat in a very non subtle fashion

#6 7 years ago

I'd rather see David Gilmour.

#7 7 years ago

Would be great to see the WHOLE band. With out the Drama . Political or other... We have seen PF. without Roger back in the 90's in PHX> Great time.

#8 7 years ago

No...tickets are overpriced.

#9 7 years ago

Yes, in NJ

#10 7 years ago

Saw him a couple years ago....enjoyed it but much prefer Gilmore. If they ever actually do a mini tour together I'll fly wherever to see them.

#11 7 years ago

Boston, Sept 27th

#12 7 years ago

Man to bad Richard Wright gone, always hoped they would put their differences aside like in 08 at live aid. Saw Waters never Gilmour but it was awesome!

#13 7 years ago

Neither. They're both too old, and that pains me to say. I should have seen Gilmour a few years ago during his On An Island tour, but I missed it. Now I just watch his Gdansk concert whenever it's on TV...and it's always awesome. Waters is just okay now...but I don't want to hear him or anybody else sing Gilmour's part on Comfortably Numb.

#14 7 years ago

Got tickets for June- cannot wait!

#15 7 years ago

Caught him on The Wall tour a few years ago and it was better than I expected. Looking forward to the show next month. I can barely remember seeing Gilmour back in '83 but that means I had a really good time.

#16 7 years ago

Saw him in Detroit in...2009, I think, then at Wrigley in ~2010. Loved the Detroit (actually Auburn Hills) show, was surprised how little he actually sang by the time Wrigley came around. Mostly stood in front of The Wall raising his arms while another guy sang from the top of it...and the Wrigley show was almost a mortgage payment.

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Tribonian:

Got tickets for June- cannot wait!

I'm seeing him in Sacramento also.I can't stand going to Vegas anymore.What section are you in?

#18 7 years ago

Going in October. Bought the tickets last year. I can't wait. It's going to be an amazing show.

#19 7 years ago

Of course. Timeless music, it's always an amazing concept show, and he's got a great band. I'll catch a few shows in the NYC area.

#20 7 years ago

Yes got tickets in October in Ottawa for our 25th wedding anniversary. I can't wait.

#21 7 years ago

If I don't get to see roger waters soon I know I will regret it.

But my health is a problem now. Hope I can see him soon.

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from NicToria:

Would be great to see the WHOLE band.

Be hard since the "whole band" is not alive!

Quoted from JDD:

NO. because he forces his politics down your throat in a very non subtle fashion

He has always done this even back to the early Floyd stuff. The problem is now he's just more arrogant about it!

I have seen him since the Radio Waves concert and he always puts on a goo show! The Wall Tour was an excellent production! With that all said, the bad is that it appears he's using voice tracks throughout the concert! In short he appeaars to be lip syncing some of the songs! This has been speculated and reported in some media reports but I have yet to see that it has been confirmed!

#23 7 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Be hard since the "whole band" is not alive!

He has always done this even back to the early Floyd stuff. The problem is now he's just more arrogant about it!
    I have seen him since the Radio Waves concert and he always puts on a goo show! The Wall Tour was an excellent production! With that all said, the bad is that it appears he's using voice tracks throughout the concert! In short he appeaars to be lip syncing some of the songs! This has been speculated and reported in some media reports but I have yet to see that it has been confirmed!

Yeah, he's lip syncing a bit or at least using judicious vocal backing tracks on some songs. Seems strange from a dude who sued Pink Floyd on the grounds that it was inauthentic but doesn't really matter in the scheme of things, it's still a great show.

#24 7 years ago

I've seen him, a good show.

Make sure you get your acid from college kids on campus. Test the acid the week before, NOT at the show.

You don't want a bad trip ruining your $300 concert.....

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I've seen him, a good show.
    Make sure you get your acid from college kids on campus. Test the acid the week before, NOT at the show.
    You don't want a bad trip ruining your $300 concert.....

Do they even still make acid? I haven't seen any in almost 20 years.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do they even still make acid? I haven't seen any in almost 20 years.

They sure do.

And the stuff is crazy good.

I'm not sure if the internets have provided better recipes, or if the college kids just learned to clean their glassware better, but holy smokes.....

#27 7 years ago

I had no idea he was still alive. Great way to finance a comfortable retirement for sure.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I had no idea he was still alive. Great way to finance a comfortable retirement for sure.

He's one of the richest musicians.Worth almost 300 million.

#29 7 years ago

He got $10 of mine back in 1980.

#30 7 years ago

Here's a link to a new song named "Smell the Roses" from his upcoming album to be released on June 2...

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/roger-waters-is-this-the-life-we-really-want-vinyl-cd-orders-new-music-rev.html

Here is the song list from new album:
    1. When We Were Young
    2. Déjà Vu
    3. The Last Refugee
    4. Picture That
    5. Broken Bones
    6. Is This the Life We Really Want?
    7. Bird In A Gale
    8. The Most Beautiful Girl
    9. Smell the Roses
    10. Wait for Her
    11. Oceans Apart
    12. Part of Me Died

#31 7 years ago

I have tickets for Pittsburgh this fall. Cannot wait!

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from ChadH:

Here's a link to a new song named "Smell the Roses" from his upcoming album to be released on June 2...
    http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/roger-waters-is-this-the-life-we-really-want-vinyl-cd-orders-new-music-rev.html
    Here is the song list from new album:
    1. When We Were Young
    2. Déjà Vu
    3. The Last Refugee
    4. Picture That
    5. Broken Bones
    6. Is This the Life We Really Want?
    7. Bird In A Gale
    8. The Most Beautiful Girl
    9. Smell the Roses
    10. Wait for Her
    11. Oceans Apart
    12. Part of Me Died

I'll check it out but do not have high hopes. As the years go by Roger's stuff has become less and less musical. I remember the "new" song he was doing a couple tours ago was the simplest most rudimentary three bar 50s tune accompanied by lyrics about walking around the middle east when he was a teenager.

#33 7 years ago

HMMM,How can I say this: We older hippys have seen this many times over!! Janis,leaving Big Brother,Joe,leaving the James Gang! Steve Stills,on his own! Roger Waters leaving PinkFloyd Something always seems missing!! You wouldn't even know their names if you were;nt in for the original!Those of us who listened to "The Piper At The Gates Of Dawn"thru "Umaguma " know to -Watch out for that ax.Eugene! R.W.by himself?? a imitation-

#34 7 years ago

The wall is perhaps my favorite album. I hope to see him, to close that loop.

The fact that the wall ended up being my favorite album is interesting. To me. I've heard so many. A beautiful album.

#35 7 years ago

Don't be suprised when a crack in the ice...

#36 7 years ago

seen roger 3 times in the last 10 years

Once for the darkside of the moon tour

and the Wall twice.

Great shows

I got tickets to the Columbus show cause I didn't think he was coming to Cleveland. but now I might have to go to both.

Cleveland was the only city that The Wall Tour didn't sell out

#37 7 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

Saw him a couple years ago....enjoyed it but much prefer Gilmore. If they ever actually do a mini tour together I'll fly wherever to see them.

I prefer gilmore a lot more than waters as well. I'd pay the money for Gilmore but not for waters.

#38 7 years ago
    Quoted from jhanley:

Waters lip synchs for most (all?) of the songs. Think of it as seeing a pretty good stage production with a good cover band. I enjoy the shows well enough (saw him perform The Wall 4 times, saw the Dark Side of the Moon performance once) but I really can't justify seeing any more of his shows.

I caught Gilmour last year, I disliked like 50% of his set, but his performance was awesome.

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Waters lip synchs for most (all?) of the songs. Think of it as seeing a pretty good stage production with a good cover band. I enjoy the shows well enough (saw him perform The Wall 4 times, saw the Dark Side of the Moon performance once) but I really can't justify seeing any more of his shows.
    I caught Gilmour last year, I disliked like 50% of his set, but his performance was awesome.

why did you dislike most of his set?

for me, Division Bell and Momentary Laps of Reason, are the greatest albums ever made.

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

for me, Division Bell and Momentary Laps of Reason, are the greatest albums ever made.

I don't like the Division Bell or The Momentary Lapse of Reason. Or Gilmour's solo material. We like different stuff!

#41 7 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I don't like the Division Bell or The Momentary Lapse of Reason. Or Gilmour's solo material. We like different stuff!

fair enough. Seems people are on one side or the other. actually 3 sides. Either you like the very early stuff. Or the Wall/DSOTM part, or the last stuff. Everyone has a favorite era it seems (of those that like pink floyd.)

Don't get me wrong,I like it all. But DB and MLOR I think are musical masterpieces rivaled by no one.

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

fair enough. Seems people are on one side or the other. actually 3 sides. Either you like the very early stuff. Or the Wall/DSOTM part, or the last stuff. Everyone has a favorite era it seems (of those that like pink floyd.)

Yeah. I enjoy Syd Barrett's Floyd, his solo stuff, and Meddle through The Final Cut. I'll throw Waters' Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking on every few years as well, it's a nice compliment to The Wall. Gilmour and Wright are/were amazing musicians, but I'm not too into the bulk of their songwriting.

#43 7 years ago

He really likes firecrackers to be lit and tossed onstage by the way..............

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

We'd get along well....I started out being a Wall/Wish You were Here/Dark Side fanatic, but over the years I have much more appreciation for Division Bell and MLoR...Learning to Fly is one of my favorite Floyd songs now. And Gilmore's On an Island I thought was excellent.

#45 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Great albums (and Division Bell is one of their best songs ever). But I'm one of the few that thought The Final Cut was incredible.

#46 7 years ago

Going May 26 in KC. Really looking forward to it.

Saw the Wall tour several years back when they came through KC and rank it the best concert I've ever been to in 40 years. Great music, great orchestration.

Saw David Gilmour last year in Chicago. That was a bucket list show for me.

Roger Waters' In The Flesh Live album is where I really learned to appreciate him. Granted, he imposes his politics, but the music and presentation are quite satisfying. I can ignore the politics side of it. Plugged this into the CD changer in the car and let it run on for a few weeks and really grew on me.

#47 7 years ago

I will agree about the politics.

Who wants to hear a British guy tell me about American policies with a head full of acid

#48 7 years ago

I saw Pink Floyd play...I think it was right after Waters left, maybe. All I remember is a lot of their props failed to work properly. Like a lot of groups*, they were far better together than on their own. But as solo acts, Gilmour has done much better.

The sole exception to this. of course, is the Beatles. I can't believe how much better Lennon and McCartney's music became after they went out on their own. LOL.

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Jesus dude. Those albums are awful, save for a moment or two. And Glimour (you really don't know how to spell his name?!) also played about 6 songs from his equally atrocious new album. But hey we all wanted to hear 10 kickass Floyd songs so we'd put up with it, and he knew that! It was a great show for the most part.

Neo has been trolling me for 15 years!

I love the Barrett Floyd stuff, only a few snippets here and there of the late 60s stuff, and of course worship and adore almost everything from Meddle through the Wall. That's more than enough to cement their legacy as one of the best 3 or 4 groups of all time as far as I'm concerned and the fact that Final Cut and the Glimour Floyd albums pretty much suck doesn't really matter.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And Glimour (you really don't know how to spell his name?!)

Who is "Glimour?"

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-seeing-roger-waters-in-concert/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.