(Topic ID: 261991)

Anybody seeing an impact from manufacturing shutdowns in China?

By Sheprd

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

Are we going to see LED shortages?

#2 4 years ago

Suddenly there seems to be a shortage of made in China painter's masks.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Suddenly there seems to be a shortage of made in China painter's masks.

Lol. Too funny. I am just as curious to know what O-Dins 50,000th post will be.

#4 4 years ago

It won't be that there is a shortage of LED bulbs, that's for sure.

#5 4 years ago

I think China is closed. I ordered some EPROMs almost 2 weeks ago and they still haven't shipped.

#6 4 years ago

I didn't get a fortune cookie with my sesame chicken.

#7 4 years ago

I’m having trouble getting bare circuit boards made, which is about to leave a monster gaping hole in my inventory.

At “work work” we are starting to see some huge issues with part sourcing all across the spectrum on electronics components

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Lol. Too funny. I am just as curious to know what O-Dins 50,000th post will be.

Odin needs start a new open topic on the 50,000th post. Free for all , immediate basement thread

#9 4 years ago

45-60 day delays on December/January orders were in emails I received from a few different industries.
    Thats the Most optimistic, I have received....assuming that things dont get severely worse....

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from oldschoolbob:

I think China is closed. I ordered some EPROMs almost 2 weeks ago and they still haven't shipped.

It’s Chinese New Year season. Most everything is closed for a few weeks around this time.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from jj44114:

It’s Chinese New Year season. Most everything is closed for a few weeks around this time.

In this case, that's not it. Most of our suppliers shut down on Jan 14th/15th and were scheduled to reopen by Feb 1st. But a lot of vendors are telling us they are at under 50% staffing, due to quarantines of employees, or are not permitted to reopen. The ones that are open are having mandatory shutdowns once a week for health screenings. A lot of emails from home saying they can't give us any updates on shipments or production, because they aren't allowed to go to work. An occasional dribble of things are coming through to us but not very much, and transit times are going bonkers too.

None of this is coming to me via the news, it's all coming direct from companies that we deal with, straight from the employees themselves. Companies that have manufacture facilities in other countries too are shifting everything they can away from Chinese facilities, but there isn't much electronics capacity left outside China because they already did that as much as possible due to the tariff situation.

-Hans

#12 4 years ago

My blank circuit board manufacturer is shut down until the 18th of feb.(hopefully... originally was the 10th, its keeps getting delayed longer). Quite a few items are going out of stock here and low on others. I knew they shut down for a couple weeks for CNY but did not plan for the extended down time which is messing me up.

A lot of passives and basic actives I get from China and I resorted to Thailand or domestic sellers for the time being. LCSC came back online this week. I got a DHL tracking number that shows i should get it soon. Even with tariffs its hard to beat China's pricing on stuff like resistors and ceramic caps. I can get 1000pcs of a 1/4w resistors, 4148, ceramic caps, etc for like $3usd. I'd like to use domestic sources for everything, but prices would go up.

Even once China is back up and running a lot of air lines are not flying in until much later. I figure this is going to cause even more delays.

#13 4 years ago

The new year this year was Jan. 25th. What normally is a 2-3 week shutdown from that date is now getting extended as mentioned above. probably something to do with the Coronavirus.

#14 4 years ago

I read that Homepin could not reopen because they couldn't meet the China government requirements for all workers having masks, which have been out of stock for weeks. I believe the owner decided to bale on China and is moving the operation elsewhere.

#15 4 years ago

Yes, Homepin is moving operations to Taiwan right now.

#16 4 years ago

no, but the stray cats are starting to take over.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-seeing-an-impact-from-manufacturing-shutdowns-in-china?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.