(Topic ID: 318285)

Anybody Other Than Beltman Doing West Coast To East Coast?

By nerdygrrl

4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by nerdygrrl
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 months ago

I am hoping to purchase an empty cab from a collector in Yucaipa, CA. Michelle just quoted me $690 for the trip and that's if I pick it up at they station in Lowell.

I m waiting to hear back from a friend that has a shipping company that is regularly in LA. Just looking for other pickup options as I don't expect the seller to drop off anywhere.

#2 4 months ago
    Quoted from nerdygrrl:

I am hoping to purchase an empty cab from a collector in Yucaipa, CA. Michelle just quoted me $690 for the trip and that's if I pick it up at they station in Lowell.
    I m waiting to hear back from a friend that has a shipping company that is regularly in LA. Just looking for other pickup options as I don't expect the seller to drop off anywhere.

While I've typically shipped games via STI/Beltmann/CRST, I used FreightQuote recently to set up a FedEx shipment after waiting 6 weeks for Beltmann (CRST) to try (and fail) to get a local outfit to pick the game up in AR.

Cost probably won't be cheaper, but it is another option.

#3 4 months ago

While we’re on this topic, does anyone know a company that offers a crating service? If I buy my dream pin, I’d love to ensure it’s transported cross country wrapped like a bomb couldn’t scratch it.

#4 4 months ago

I've shipped quite a few games using Beltman/STI and have had good luck/experiences. The cost has gone up on everything, it used to be about $500 from East Coast to West Coast. Another thing I've noticed is that I've had a few guys contact other shippers and then the guys from STI show up anyway. I'm not sure the other companies don't just broker the freight to Beltman/STI anyway. I'll add that no one pads and wraps a machine like them and I like that they keep the machine on it's legs. Peace out.

#5 4 months ago
    Quoted from Flippingout:

I've shipped quite a few games using Beltman/STI and have had good luck/experiences. The cost has gone up on everything, it used to be about $500 from East Coast to West Coast. Another thing I've noticed is that I've had a few guys contact other shippers and then the guys from STI show up anyway. I'm not sure the other companies don't just broker the freight to Beltman/STI anyway. I'll add that no one pads and wraps a machine like them and I like that they keep the machine on it's legs. Peace out.

Yeah, it's just an empty cab. so not a lot to worry about re padding, etc. $700 and I still have to drive 2 hours to get it is rough.

#6 4 months ago

have you tried shipmypinball,com? i used them and got a good rate, but machine needs to be on a pallet

#7 4 months ago
    Quoted from Mthomasslo:

have you tried shipmypinball,com? i used them and got a good rate, but machine needs to be on a pallet

Oh, hadn't heard of them, but will check then out now.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!