Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DH-MR.jpg
DH.3.jpg
DH_MR-1.jpg
105_4813.jpg
104b7150.jpg

There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

Got one close to me..

#2 12 years ago

It trumps every pin I have ever owned !

Jim

#3 12 years ago

Seriously Jim? Still own it?

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Seriously Jim? Still own it?

Dead serious, and I will never sell it . Mine is a sample so it has the drop target under the warehouse and does make the game a bit quicker than the productions games . Great rule set , fun modes with even better shots !

Jim

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Mine is a sample so it has the drop target under the warehouse and does make the game a bit quicker than the productions games .

Do you think its possible to convert a production version by adding a drop target assembly under the wharehouse? I wonder if they have the wiring and software for it to work?

#6 12 years ago

DH is fun, have yet to see one for a deal though errrr....

#7 12 years ago

I like mine even though I completely stink at it.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from dnhayden:

honda350r said:

Mine is a sample so it has the drop target under the warehouse and does make the game a bit quicker than the productions games .
Do you think its possible to convert a production version by adding a drop target assembly under the wharehouse? I wonder if they have the wiring and software for it to work?

Chris Hutchins at HEP did this (added the drop target) for a customer over on RGP. Can't remember who it was, but pictures were posted and it was super sweet of course. I think the software supports the drop target, it was just removed for regular production from what I recall. There may even be a connector in the harness for it.

I played DH for the first time this year and really liked it. Seems like a great pin that's flying under the radar.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from dnhayden:

Yes, the software is there,so it is just adding parts .

Jim

#10 12 years ago

I like DH ,, I've Owned it 3-Times.. Just Isn't Enough Action to Keep me Thrilled.. Fun Pin tho..

I Enjoy hear-n the Eastwood call-out's .

104b7150.jpg104b7150.jpg 105_4813.jpg105_4813.jpg DH_MR-1.jpgDH_MR-1.jpg DH.3.jpgDH.3.jpg DH-MR.jpgDH-MR.jpg

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Chris Hutchins at HEP did this (added the drop target) for a customer over on RGP. Can't remember who it was, but pictures were posted and it was super sweet of course. I think the software supports the drop target, it was just removed for regular production from what I recall. There may even be a connector in the harness for it.

Quoted from McCune:

That's awesome info to know for the future if I ever get a DH. It sounds like a bit of work, but nice to know it can be done.
Here is the RPG link in case anybody was interested. (Link to the pics doesn't work, but still an interesting read.):
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/a77d222a15f95dae/9f67552f3d76b725?lnk=gst&q=dirty+harry+adding+drop+target+hep#9f67552f3d76b725

#12 12 years ago

would like to play one sometime, if it wasnt for the colors on playfield i bet it would be more popular

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from dnhayden:

Rum-Z said:

honda350r said:

That's awesome info to know for the future if I ever get a DH. It sounds like a bit of work, but nice to know it can be done.
Here is the RPG link in case anybody was interested. (Link to the pics doesn't work, but still an interesting read.):
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/a77d222a15f95dae/9f67552f3d76b725?lnk=gst&q=dirty+harry+adding+drop+target+hep#9f67552f3d76b725

This is a pretty tough job with the cutting of the playfield and correct placement of the target being the most crucial/difficult.None of the wiring is present so it has to be run from various places like the head and tapping the harness in other places.I went out of my way to do it in all factory colors and connectors.
The process is here
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album107

Finished game here
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album224

Christopher Hutchins

#14 12 years ago

Chris, thanks for checking in to clarify and share the pics. Again, awesome job there!

#15 12 years ago

I supplied the photos to Chris so he could do the mod. I think the DH was Tonys game ..

B_R if you say it does not have enough to keep you interested, you have not played it to its potential !!

DH is a easy pin to walk away from at first but once you get it , you can't stay away from it !!

Harry is just like your first beer,taste like shit,then it is better than water !

Jim

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I supplied the photos to Chris so he could do the mod. I think the DH was Tonys game ..
B_R if you say it does not have enough to keep you interested, you have not played it to its potential !!
DH is a easy pin to walk away from at first but once you get it , you can't stay away from it !!
Jim

Yep.Those pics let me know what type of border to paint and gave me an idea of the actual factory alignment.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Harry is just like your first beer,taste like shit,then it is better than water !

Awesome quote Jim, LOL.

Now that you mention it, I do remember it being Tony's / Teekee's game. I also remember being very impressed by the drop addition, and I haven't forgotten it.

Like I said earlier, was really surprised by how much I liked DH when I played it earlier this year. I was just thinking that I wish it had that drop target. I wonder how many they made with the drop? I love drop targets, and the entrance to the warehouse seems like the perfect place for one. Wish Williams would have stuck with it.

#18 12 years ago

It's a great game. I had to part with mine during a tough time financially, but hope to own another someday. Really holding out for a sample or an ultra nice one.

I know someone else who added the DT, but didn't do it like Chris did his, and from what I remember, it wore around the target. Playfield definitely needs to be reworked and a lot fixed after cutting the hole, not just as simple as cutting a slot

#19 12 years ago

My humble opinion - I think the game plays great without the drop target. I know the software has it there but not sure it would be worth the trouble of cutting a hole in the playfield to put one in.

#20 12 years ago

I just clicked through 174 pictures. Insane work! That game turned out awesome. That's cool you had Jim to help out with the pics for the drop target. Great job guys. Makes me want one even more now.

#21 12 years ago

Awesome game! I played it for the first time at Expo two years ago, and it was the highlight of the show for me. When my kids are a bit older, I'll definitely add one to the collection.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim

LOL been there done that mang!!!! great quote!

#23 12 years ago

Fun game for sure, I am currently trying to pry one from my local operators fingers. I think he'll eventually sell it, but damn does he like dragging it out on me!

#24 12 years ago

Just picked up my 3rd one and it's not going anywhere great game!

#25 12 years ago

I've never seen DH anywhere, not even at auction.

#26 12 years ago

had DH for a while, pretty fun game but it doesn't really have those shots that I love to hit all the time. I don't really miss it that much either. The quotes are some of the best in pinball though!

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

pretty fun game but it doesn't really have those shots that I love to hit all the time.

Like ?

#28 12 years ago

its williams most violent game ever made. wizard mode, harry shoots criminals in the head..!!! dead! lol i love mine, and it was in bad shape when i got it.

#29 12 years ago

Great game, Clint makes it all come together.

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

most violent game ever made.

worse than Judge Dredd? People get hatchets to the back of the head and get shot in the face in that game, amongst other things.

#31 12 years ago

I've came to the conclusion last night you can't use LED behind the backglass on DH. Flickers like crazy! Switched back to bulbs.

#32 12 years ago

really rascal i use pinballife ghostbuster and i don't have a ny problems. you using cointakers?

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I've came to the conclusion last night you can't use LED

I came to that conclusion the first time I seen leds ..

Jim

#34 12 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I've never seen DH anywhere, not even at auction.

Over the summer, I randomly stumbled across one at a rest area in Indiana ...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spotted-the-first-two-pins-on-my-road-trip#post-53257

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I've came to the conclusion last night you can't use LED behind the backglass on DH. Flickers like crazy! Switched back to bulbs.

On some games you need to turn off the GI power saver feature or the LEDs will majorly strobe. Did you try this?

#36 12 years ago

Another pin I would love to own some day, but never see for sale. Clint rules!

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

really rascal i use pinballife ghostbuster and i don't have a ny problems. you using cointakers?

Yeah, I'm using Cointakers. It was happening during dimming.

Quoted from gweempose:

On some games you need to turn off the GI power saver feature or the LEDs will majorly strobe. Did you try this?

I just turned off dimming and that did solve the problem. Sorta a trade-off though. The game dims during gameplay to do some cool stuff... like dimming all the GI around Clint but keeping him bright. So, not sure if I want to go LED and no dimming, or keep the dimming stuff and use bulbs.

#38 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I just turned off dimming and that did solve the problem. Sorta a trade-off though. The game dims during gameplay to do some cool stuff... like dimming all the GI around Clint but keeping him bright. So, not sure if I want to go LED and no dimming, or keep the dimming stuff and use bulbs.

This is definitely the biggest downside to LEDs. For example, I love the way TOTAN pulses the flashers. This is why I left most of the flashers incandescents. I would hate to lose the cool effect.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

RawleyD said:pretty fun game but it doesn't really have those shots that I love to hit all the time.
Like ?

FT ball lock/captive ball
DW cliffhanger loop/dalek jp's/who combos
JM ramps/crazy bob's
Tron ramps

DH doesn't have shots that "feel" like any of those shots, know what I mean?

#40 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

DH doesn't have shots that "feel" like any of those shots, know what I mean?

I know what you mean. It's not a big flow pin. My other three are DM, T2, and JM. Those are are much faster.

Speaking of DH... blew my U6 ROM on DH tonight. Damn. Bummed.

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from RawleyD:

FT ball lock/captive ball
DW cliffhanger loop/dalek jp's/who combos
JM ramps/crazy bob's
Tron ramps

DH doesn't have shots that "feel" like any of those shots, know what I mean? []

I see you like the easy games with easy shots and totally understand your frustration with DH ..

Jim

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

DM, T2, and JM. Those are are much faster.

The regular productions might be turds without the drop target ! The target will send the ball right back at you instead of going up the VUK and return to the right flipper .

My opinion on the pins greatness ,may be the fact I have a sample ? I think the reason the target did not make it into production games ,is because they were afraid of short ball times with the possibility of SDTM after hitting the target?

If you have not made it to Captain or had meat head dig up a extra ball or get "ultra ricochet" and Alcatraz mulitball and how about getting letter bomb with 24 seconds left, not to mention car chase with the trolley T boning the car you have not played Dirty Harry !

Jim

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Rascal_H said:DM, T2, and JM. Those are are much faster.
The regular productions might be turds without the drop target ! The target will send the ball right back at you instead of going up the VUK and return to the right flipper .
My opinion on the pins greatness ,may be the fact I have a sample ? I think the reason the target did not make it into production games ,is because they were afraid of short ball times with the possibility of SDTM after hitting the target?
If you have not made it to Captain or had meat head dig up a extra ball or get "ultra ricochet" and Alcatraz mulitball and how about getting letter bomb with 24 seconds left, not to mention car chase with the trolley T boning the car you have not played Dirty Harry !
Jim

haha.. yes, gotten all those, many times. I've played Dirty Harry my friend, best part about it is the DMD animations and call outs. the pf layout.... not so much for me.

#44 12 years ago

I wish I could find one of these to play, it looks awesome. Definitely a pin I'd like to own if it's got good gameplay. The cab artwork is awesome..

9 months later
#45 11 years ago

What happens when you get letter bomb with 24 seconds left?? Never done that!! That is def. the hardest mission/mode in the game outside crime
Wave

#46 11 years ago

I love the game, but only played virtually. I'd buy one, in fact, it was one of the first ones I wanted to look at but the seller screwed me over and I almost lost interest in getting a pin after that. Luckily I stuck with it and picked up a few soon after.

The only thing, pink and purple, really? That doesn't seem very Dirty Harry to me...otherwise, good game.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

The only thing, pink and purple, really? That doesn't seem very Dirty Harry to me...otherwise, good game.

He is from San Francisco

First looks at it I wasn't into the art at all...but it did grow on me. It's a bit diff'rent then the normal PF art so I think that's a plus.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He is from San Francisco

First looks at it I wasn't into the art at all...but it did grow on me. It's a bit diff'rent then the normal PF art so I think that's a plus.

Yeah, it's alright, but not .44 Magnum alright.

#49 11 years ago

I don't like it. I LOVE IT! Just finished playing about 5 consecutive games. Best bang for the buck in pinball. And I LOVE the music and call outs!

#50 11 years ago

Great Game....Keeper all the way!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-like-dirty-harry and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.