(Topic ID: 68358)

Anybody know what this broken stepper piece did?

By alb0711

10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by alb0711
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

p3-553.jpg
p3.jpg
photo (3).JPG
photo (2).JPG
#1 10 years ago

Continuing my restore of Gottlieb 1971 playball - I pulled apart the match continuous stepper last night to clean and rebuild it (it was sticking). When I removed the gear and springs I discovered a broken piece of metal - not sure what it is but am worried I need it for something. Top photo shows the stepper before dissasembly, second photo shows the stepper frame after cleaning with the broken piece. Anybody know these steppers well enough to know what this mystery metal is for?

Stepper was also missing it's coil stop. I suspect it has been used and abused over the years.

TIA

#2 10 years ago

photo (2).JPGphoto (2).JPGphoto (3).JPGphoto (3).JPG

#3 10 years ago

Broken piece is in lower right corner

// Error: Image 147441 not found // // Error: Image 147442 not found //
#4 10 years ago

OK - I think I figured this out, found the attached photo on the internet. Looks like the broken piece kept the incrementing lever from going too far up. Now I need to figure out a way to replace it. Anybody know if this part is sold? Might be time to search ebay for a used stepper.

p3.jpgp3.jpg p3-553.jpgp3-553.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 25.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-know-what-this-broken-stepper-piece-did and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.