(Topic ID: 216657)

Anybody know what Stern uses for ramp decals?

By CadillacMusic

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinballinreno
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Our Star Trek Pro suffered a crippling blow to the warp ramp, and we finally have a new one to replace it. The problem is: the new ramp is naked. So I have to try and transfer the decal over. Does anyone know the adhesive Stern uses for ramp decals? Or how to get them to stick properly while looking pretty? Seems like every spray-on glue I know leaves a murky residue behind.

I know Marco sells the decal, but if it's something cheap and easy to use, why throw out a perfectly good one?

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from CadillacMusic:

Our Star Trek Pro suffered a crippling blow to the warp ramp, and we finally have a new one to replace it. The problem is: the new ramp is naked. So I have to try and transfer the decal over. Does anyone know the adhesive Stern uses for ramp decals? Or how to get them to stick properly while looking pretty? Seems like every spray-on glue I know leaves a murky residue behind.
I know Marco sells the decal, but if it's something cheap and easy to use, why throw out a perfectly good one?

This is the stuff you want:

3M 467MP Adhesive If you buy a whole roll its a little spendy but I have found tons of uses for it.
Clean off all the old adhesive off the sticker and ramp and put new adhesive back on. Its pretty slick actually.

Pinrestore sells it by the yard (go way down the list to find it):

http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

amazon.com link »

Note if the tape is old or got too warm the adhesive doesnt release off the backing like it should.

It "is" a thermal adhesive up to 300 degrees. I use it for heatsinks, case badges and logo's and decals.

Fresh tape works perfectly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Colgate, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside