(Topic ID: 86538)

Anybody in SoCal have a local person for Powder Coating?

By dapperdan24

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by iwantansi
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

APC.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I am getting ready to do a little more powder coating and I'd like to avoid shipping parts back and forth if possible. Anybody have a local (to Southern CA) shop they use?

#2 10 years ago

Andrews Powder Coating does fantastic work but can be on the pricey side.
    9801 Independence Avenue
    Chatsworth, CA 91311
    (818) 700-1030
    http://powdercoater.com/

I've also used Astro Powder Coating. Reasonable pricing and nice work.
    8136 Lankershim Blvd,
    North Hollywood, CA 91605
    (818) 768-6535

#3 10 years ago

You and RobT should talk.

#4 10 years ago

Does Rob do powder coating?

Thanks for their information RobertWinter. Can you give me a ballpark figure on what each would charge for legs, lock bar, and rails?

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from dapperdan24:

Does Rob do powder coating?
    Thanks for their information RobertWinter. Can you give me a ballpark figure on what each would charge for legs, lock bar, and rails?

We looking for a good one too, but he may have one in mind.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from gprotein:

We looking for a good one too, but he may have one in mind.

Indeed I do. And in fact, I confirmed that he does that very cool color that we were looking for.

I have a good friend who has had tons of work done at this shop (car parts) and he knows the owner very well, so I will be going in with him in the next week. I will let you know how it goes Jason.

#7 10 years ago

A local hookup for powdercoating that was at least competitively priced with shipping would be nice.

#8 10 years ago

"I gotta guy"

3 weeks later
    #9 10 years ago

APC for sure!

#10 10 years ago

Andrews does good work, had them powder coat 3 aprons a few months back. Used them because they are a few doors down from my work, didn't know others used them too. If you have small parts, they have a $125 minimum.

1 month later
    #11 9 years ago

Just got another batch back from APC and they started a promotion called "Black Friday".
    Bring in small parts on Friday for any black color (Flat, Semi, or Gloss), no minimum applies.
    APC.jpgAPC.jpg

#12 9 years ago

http://www.embeeperformance.com/ is who ive used a few times $80 min, which will cover the apron/coindoor/legs/lockdown/siderails

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-socal-have-a-local-person-for-powder-coating and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.