(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ykpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1065 9 years ago

Looking to head to the Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary area in mid Novemberish and hoping to pick up a quality used pin. Coming from Yellowknife, where there are no good pins so I need a top 50ish game with a lot of replay value that will keep hardcore pinballers interested. Aside from that, not really too picky so if you have something available please let me know so I can consider it.

Basically interested in anything in the Pinside top 30, would particularly love a Simpsons PP, Addams Family, LOTR, or Indiana Jones: TPA (1993).

I am also interested in some select lower tier games such as Tales from the Crypt, Phantom of the Opera, Bram Stoker's Dracula. Besides that, not interested in anything outside the top 115.

If you have a game that will be available around Mid-Late Nov. to early Dec. let me know what you have and the prices you're looking for. Paying cash on pickup.

Edit: Thanks to everybody who responded, I ended up going with a Metallica Pro. Will be the proud owner of my first machine later this month!

#1069 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

There was a Phantom on edmonton kijiji a while ago, not sure if anyone here picked that one up, but it was up on there for quite a while (might still be)

Yep, thanks Aeonblack. I emailed about it already but still waiting to hear back. It was a couple weeks old so not sure whether it's still available. Still would like to know if there are other options, but I would definitely look into picking that one up if it's a good deal for the condition.

1 week later
#1081 9 years ago

Hi again! So I bought my first pin, a new Metallica Pro which should be arriving tomorrow. Basically I'm like a kid on Christmas eve, as you can imagine. However, I split the cost with a buddy of mine and still have a small budget for a lower cost machine. I am now looking for a second one with a price point between 1-2k and I will pay an additional $250 to cover shipping up to Yellowknife.

At the lower end of the price range I don't mind if the machine could use a bit of work but it does have to be in decent working order (there are no experts in pinball repair in this town). I am basically looking to get a good entry-level machine for getting into the repair/maintenance side of the hobby.

For a little more clarity I will give an example of my price expectations: For around $2k + $250 shipping, a really good condition Phantom of the Opera or similar 1990ish era machine.

For 1k, a 70's to 80's era pin in good working order without much damage.

For $750-$1100, a working 90's machine such as Data East Simpsons with some damage such as misaligned ramps, sensor/lights out, toys with significant wear or minor damage, worn playfield/generally damaged and unappealing artwork.

Backbox must be intact with no damage.

Obviously anything between 1-2k can be in various states in the middle.

If this is something that sounds like one of your machines and you're willing to ship up to me, please send me a message!

1 week later
#1127 9 years ago

I am looking for a Tales from the Crypt if anyone has one they can ship, or is in the Edmonton/Calgary region.

#1141 9 years ago

I sent an email to bob to see if he still has it, waiting to hear back. glad to hear it was still there recently. I have heard warnings about him, but if the tftc is still there I will check it out myself to see if it's ok condition. This machine is not going to be re-sold, it's a favourite pin of a buddy of mine and he will never let it go once he has it. So as long as it's in good condition and under 3k we will take it.

1 week later
#1232 9 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

anyone know about the availability of America's Most Haunted in Canada. Is there a distributor?

I contacted them about it, they are looking for a broker in Canada atm, but taking deposits. Said it might be around 150 days to get the pin up here. They will have their systems in place by the time they build your machine.

#1233 9 years ago

* I contacted KT at spooky pinball I mean. There was no mention of any distributor.

#1252 9 years ago

Meh... average price is $3500 US x 1.15 current exchange rate x 1.05 gst = $4226 plus shipping and brokerage from US is at least $500. So as an asking price, it seems justified if it's in good condition.

#1253 9 years ago

*Not that i would even come close to considering paying that much, but obviously some people like it if its average price is $3500

1 week later
#1338 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Since I'm pulling out of TBL, I'm looking to pick up a Judge Dredd. Anyone looking to sell theirs

As of a couple weeks ago Bob in Red Deer had it on his list.

Judge Dredd- has original topper, some LED - Super Multi Ball - $3995.00 on sale for $3695.00

Expensive, but with exchange rates the way they are it would be tough to get one from the US at that price and you can test it and pick it up yourself if you drive down there.

#1341 9 years ago

Yeah he prices me out too. Even with the exchange rate I just bought a TFTC shipped from LA and saved a few hundred bucks. He didn't even respond when I offered him less than his listed price.

#1347 9 years ago
Quoted from zio:

Does anyone have a Road Kings they want to sell? Needs to be in working condition

Dude, you spelled vancouver wrong in your profile. You sure you're from there? Seems shady.

#1354 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Easy, could just be a quick typo. Besides, I'm sure there are a few people in Yellowknife that can't spell Yellowknife

It was a joke, but obviously not a funny one. Why so serious, Canadian pinside?

#1379 9 years ago

haha, nothing like drowning out the wife with some metallica cranked up to 11.

4 weeks later
#1515 9 years ago
Quoted from allknowing2012:

Is Starburst/Playdium the only spot to get parts? Looking for a gottlieb coil (somewhere near the Kitchener area would be nice). They aren't open weekends so its not too convenient. Or can anyone suggest a reasonable Canada friendly mail order place?

Check out Pinball Spare Parts Australia
http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/coils.html

Aussie imports are a good exchange rate and starburst charges mad shipping rates anyways.

#1538 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

My advice is never, ever buy a game you haven't played. I always play test a game before I buy. Someone has to have a Medieval Madness game out there for you to try it out to make sure you are going to happy with shelling out the 10K for this machine. My second piece of advise don't listen to what others have to say, make your own informed decision as people tastes differ.

I disagree. Everybody likes MM. But I am in the same boat, I was set up and ready to buy MM as soon as it started production, but with the $ where it's at... the 11k price tag is just too expensive, even for the greatest game of all time.

#1541 9 years ago
Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Not everyone...........

Except for the odd hipster

#1551 9 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

So how have NIB prices been affected by the loonie drop? I was thinking about a TWD Premium this spring, but not if it's going to be $9K to the door now...
Anyone think the dollar slides to 70 cents? Good for sellers, bad for buyers...
Rob

No the loonie is pretty well bottomed out I think. All the bad news is failing to drop oil any lower (not for lack of trying) so this is just the worst time to buy. Keep it within Canada and Australia if you want to buy. My advice is save your walking dead dollars. More zombie shit is coming down the pipe.

#1571 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Yes it is......but he won't ship. So for that reason, I'm out!

Haha... dragon's den.

#1591 9 years ago

In case there's anyone out there who doesn't know Bob from Red Deer yet, I bought a CFTBL off him and had to replace basically everything on the playfield. All the plastics looked like someone had gone at the machine with a hammer. Scorch marks on the playfield and some warped parts where the ball ejects from ramps.

Plus no creature hologram. It was "Marked down" to 3200, but really should have been 2500 max. And I hate getting the machine with no hologram because I have no idea if he just took it out and sold it separately. But I'm sure it just went black and got thrown out, as is common.

He warned me it wasn't cleaned or shopped at all and the middle ramp had been glued. But literally everything needed replacing. Fortunately I bought it expecting a project machine (having heard stories of Bob) so I was happy to rescue it from him. And the game plays great so my friends and I love it.

Cabinet is in good condition so it looks great in my collection. No regrets for me, just want to give another heads up about Red Deer, make sure you see and test the machines there before buying.

#1594 9 years ago
Quoted from NEOphyte:

Hi Guys! Long time reader, first time writer... I need a new pin! I have a really nice STTNG and an impeccable LOTR (thanks Al!). There's room for one more, and the wife says 'go ahead'... I need to strike while the iron is hot. I've been spoiled by these two great machines, so I'm looking for something equally as nice. I'm not fixed on anything in particular, but something from the top 20 would be preferred (AFM & IJ would be near the top). Any thoughts/offers would be appreciated!
BTW... great forum! So many helpful people... I've had to make a few tweaks to my pins and the info on this site has been invaluable. Thanks again!

PM sent

#1600 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I hope its not the one he had previously traded to someone else who quickly returned it. That one was a re-import and everything had rust on it. Plus there was flipper wear on the playfield, right side flipper. Cabinet wasn't bad but the head, especially the left side was horribly touched ( painted, lol ) up.
The most important thing is your happy! The one I saw, needed easy $2500-3000 worth of work and had no idea if the hologram was working or not.
Id buy from him but Id inspect it with a fine tooth comb first. I actually attempted to make a purchase of a Mrs Pacman, things started great and then he just stop replying?!? Oh well, I bought something else instead.

Yes, that is the one. I dealt with the rust by soaking the screws and nuts in CLR, replaced some that wouldn't be salvaged. new ramps plastics and rubbers. Full flipper replacement. Will be polishing the playfield and replacing Mylar in due time. Fully LED and have mikes hologram mod on the way. Ordered the ramps from Australian pinball parts so got a really good price. I would say in the end I will have $3200 in purchase price plus $1500ish in shipping and replacement parts including hologram and tv screen. That leaves me $1000 to grab a replacement playfield down the line and you'll be on target with your $2500 estimate to repair. Gives me a $5700 fully restored cftbl... A little steep but I also paid 5k for my shadow getting it from the states with shipping and exchange etc. (great condition). So yeah he had no problem ripping me off but as I said I had a feeling it was coming and wanted a project machine for the satisfaction of fixing it anyway.

1 week later
#1652 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Yeah, I couldn't decide on that either, Seems almost too much. Im going with the boards and possibly a new center ice logo but I haven't decided what yet. Love the fact I can pick whatever logos I wanted for the boards though.

So what are you thinking? McDonalds? Tim Hortons? Desjardins?

#1654 9 years ago

Oh wow, i was just joking i didn't think anybody would actually choose to put ads on their own ice rink...

1 week later
#1691 9 years ago

Selling my ST Pro, got it NIB in December, maybe a couple hundred games on it.

Perfect condition, I have replaced the original opto board via warranty to fix the magnet not releasing issue in vengeance multiball (common issue out of the box). A glue dot prevents the ball from getting stuck in the bumpers, as is a common issue. It now plays like a dream, very fun game and new code shouldn't be too far away now.

$6400 plus shipping (basically calculate shipping from Edmonton and add $250)

This is basically like getting it NIB but not having to fix the issues yourself.

#1701 9 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

Ykpinballer , Canuck was looking for a st .

Thanks

#1714 9 years ago

Canuck bought one, so ST Pro is still for sale.

#1743 9 years ago

If it is a pinsider with a good reputation or they seem active in the community, I would be very comfortable with shipping/having one shipped.

If the seller wraps it up good, there should be no problems.

#1758 9 years ago

Selling my CFTBL for the right price, asking 4,500 plus shipping. Have replaced basically everything on the playfield and new rubbers etc. has some wear to the playfield but plays great. All new ramps.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-266.jpgimage-266.jpg image-339.jpgimage-339.jpg image-738.jpgimage-738.jpg image-975.jpgimage-975.jpg image-431.jpgimage-431.jpg image-461.jpgimage-461.jpg image-303.jpgimage-303.jpg image-479.jpgimage-479.jpg image-482.jpgimage-482.jpg image-860.jpgimage-860.jpg image-357.jpgimage-357.jpg
#1759 9 years ago

* Hologram no longer functional
* Lights under slingshots are out, still have to find the disconnected wire or whatever is causing it. I have seen them come on while I was working on the machine, but then they went out again. Just haven't found the connection causing the issue. Hoping to do that before sending it out.

#1763 9 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

I would love to have this. Grail pin. I've never shipped a pin. What's it cost to go from west to east? I'm in Ottawa.

Could be about $500 to go to Ottawa. Although I know Starburst can apparently ship to me from Toronto for $300, not sure who they use. You can probably call Manitoulin transport and get a quote.

#1764 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

Selling my CFTBL for the right price, asking 4,500 plus shipping.

Forgot to mention, I have installed a new NVRam chip, so no batteries required anymore, new Triac board also. Have the parts for a complete flipper rebuild, but the flippers work so good I haven't done the switch. Complete set of new plastics just installed. All in all, great player's machine. If one popped up on the market a playfield swap down the line and mike's hologram mod would make it like new.

1 week later
#1881 9 years ago

Creature still available $4500 and ST Pro $6200 both plus shipping. Creature pics a couple pages back. ST pro was NIB in Dec. and only has a couple hundred games on it. Plays perfect.

#1883 9 years ago

In this thread? All prices CAD of course...

#1936 9 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Anybody have a Met pro or Mustang pro available?

I can do MET pro for $6k plus shipping. Beautiful condition HUO full LED

2 weeks later
#2056 9 years ago

Looking to sell 1 or 2 of my pins, have metallica pro , Star Trek pro, creature and the shadow. Looking for 5800 plus shipping for either of the sterns and 4250 for either Bally. Great playing games all, description and pics of creature are a few pages back. Metallica I have a part coming in the mail so can't ship immediately.

1 week later
#2099 9 years ago

Selling ST Pro dropping my price to $5,400 + shipping. It is a like new HUO, few hundred games played on it.

3 weeks later
#2220 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Can anyone recommend a shipping company that will do street-level pickup? I can prep the game on a pallet but getting to the airport, etc. is a bit of a problem right now.

Manitoulin transport has given me good quotes door to door, and their quote stands for 2 months. As long as you pallet the thing for pickup.

#2233 8 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Kinda surprised with the Kiss announcement there's no AC/DC's coming up. I looked through the market place and literally there isn't an AC/DC to be found.

I still have my Metallica Pro up for sale, great condition HUO custom LED. $5400 plus shipping.

#2244 8 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

anyone have The Shadow in the calgary area preferably but shipping would be OK that they are wanting to part with if so PM me

Yeah I have Shadow too, PM sent.

*I just bought a bar, so in the process of opening it in the next month or two. Hence raising some cash. Hate to part with my pins

2 weeks later
#2357 8 years ago

I am still selling my MET pro for $5400, beautiful custom LED HUO. Shipping to Calgary is not that expensive.

#2382 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Personally I wouldn't recommend them. Someone who posts on Kijiji that they are selling everything off because they are deathly ill is not really someone I would want to do business with. On top of that, they have a bad reputation. Take a look at MAACA and Pinball Revolution. Search Kingston and you'll see lots of negative feedback.

I agree, I have been told to avoid them

2 weeks later
#2439 8 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Tommy at Nitro Amusements is a class act

I agree, they are worth dealing with. Great customer support, and they stand by their products.

#2458 8 years ago

Metallica pro sold for $5400. Still have ST Pro 5400 if anybody is interested.

#2475 8 years ago

Star trek Pro is sold. Keeping my CFTBL and Shadow now. Thanks all who PM'd.

#2501 8 years ago

Yeah if it's in good condition, good price. Very fun machine, mine is a fan favourite up here.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ykpinballer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=ykpinballer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.