(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider triumvirat73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1726 9 years ago

It's his machine and he shouldn't be pressured to make any deal he's not 100% happy with. It's hard letting go of a title that you believe to be worth more than you're being offered for it and, at the end of the day, he has to live with his decision. He's been clear about not wanting to ship, and has stated that he knows that it limits his sale options, so that's that.

It isn't drama so much as not wanting to make a decision that he'll sorely regret down the road. And I think we've probably all made deals that we regret after-the-fact.

#1727 9 years ago

Having said that, I just brought an ACDC Pro home yesterday and HOLY SHIT it's an amazing pin. Soooo deep, fast, and fun. I didn't even bother with a honeymoon period and fell in love with it after only a few games. Definitely keep it on your list violinfather!

Cheers,
Greg

#1729 9 years ago

One month old AC/DC Pro, or AC/DC Pro LED? The latter has mods already done to it that you won't have to worry about doing yourself. Granted, I don't know much about the Pro LED as I only just got the original Pro, but even that is an awesome game. Value wise, you'll need to research that yourself and decide what works for you.

#1731 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Please, its all drama with him. Just ask anyone who has had dealings with him. He has a fair/solid CASH offer of 7K on the table, plus numerous trade options.
I hope he accepts the trade because if he takes the cash, next week he will start another thread " got 7K what should I buy"

Oh I was unaware that this individual was an issue. I was just speaking in general terms. I wasn't trying to step on any toes.

1 week later
#1791 9 years ago
Quoted from violinfather:

Thanks Pingod. Hopefully I will keep this one and add something else. So far my whole family loves this pin.

My honest advice with AC/DC Pro... Learn the rules! Seriously, the gameplay is exponentially elevated when you know all of the rules so you can form strategies while playing this title. The game can seem very fast and out-of-control so all of the options that are available to you in the rule set are invaluable to help balance out the otherwise wild feeling of balls rocketing off of the slings and into 3 banks of stand ups.

Go to youtube and watch Bowen's PAPA AC/DC Premium gameplay video. The majority of what he does during gameplay will directly relate to to Pro version as well as the Premium. Then learn it, live it, love it!

P.S. This is with the 1.6 software but will give you a very good foothold on the fundamentals.

P.S.S. Bowen pulls off a death save in this video that makes my shorts a little tight. Just sayin.

Cheers,
Greg

#1810 9 years ago

Hey folks,

Well, I thought I'd give this thread first kick at the can. I'll be posting this on the marketplace later today, but for now...

I'm putting up for sale my newly acquired AC/DC Pro. I have another local deal that I'd like to make so this needs to go to fund it, and also to fund the parts I need to finish up a couple of other machines I have. I'm looking for a quick, no-nonsense, sale so please keep the tire kicking to a minimum.

I only have one picture on this computer but I'm going down to my shop after posting this to take proper pictures to post.

This game was lightly routed and there have been no lockbar modifications made to the cabinet.The playfield is in perfect condition and the game plays 100% with no issues. I have swapped out the incandescent bulbs for the inserts with LEDs, but the GI and flashers are incandescent. This is a second run game with the reinforced lightning bolts. There is one broken plastic (the tip of the one that holds the far left lightning bolt) and the lockdown bar is tight on the right side which has caused the front decal to wrinkle underneath the bar, but isn't terribly noticeable and can be fixed if desired. There is also a nick on the "Fire" metal faceplate on the lockdown bar. These are just small issues, but worth mentioning in the spirit of full disclosure.

The game is located in Kelowna, BC, and will be available for pickup/inspection, or I can ship at the buyer's expense.

I am asking $4,500 CDN with the LED inserts, or I can remove them and put the incandescent bulbs back in and the price will be adjusted to $4,400 CDN. I'll be listing this in the marketplace for $3,600USD so I believe my pricing is fair. Not interested in trades at this time.

Send me a PM if you are interested and we'll go from there. I'll also update a little later on with more detailed pictures. Here's the only one I have on this computer currently.

Cheers,
Greg

ACDC-Pro.pngACDC-Pro.png
#1815 9 years ago

Pics of ACDC Pro for sale, as promised...

Hit me up if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Greg

ACDC-PRO_01.pngACDC-PRO_01.png ACDC-PRO_02.pngACDC-PRO_02.png ACDC-PRO_03.pngACDC-PRO_03.png ACDC-PRO_04.pngACDC-PRO_04.png ACDC-PRO_05.pngACDC-PRO_05.png ACDC-PRO_06.pngACDC-PRO_06.png ACDC-PRO_07.pngACDC-PRO_07.png ACDC-PRO_08.pngACDC-PRO_08.png ACDC-PRO_09.pngACDC-PRO_09.png ACDC-PRO_010.pngACDC-PRO_010.png ACDC-PRO_011.pngACDC-PRO_011.png ACDC-PRO_012.pngACDC-PRO_012.png
#1877 9 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

where's the TZ love?
photo 1.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I'm working on finishing up a TZ right now that will be going on the market when done.

And she'll be real purrrdy.

#1880 9 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Mine is posted for $5250 USD (approx) or $6800 CDN
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-twilight-zone-bally-1993-1994
photo 4.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Good price for a solid looking example. Good luck with the sale!

2 weeks later
#2019 9 years ago

Lol flower method. Autocorrect shenanigans?

He MEANT flour method. Using flour to clean up the residue.

#2027 9 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I've never removed a mylar. Does that mean you sprinkle flour on with the googone to help scrub the sticky bits of f? Wouldn't that be quite abrasive to the surface left behind?

I use the freeze spray method from the first video, and the flour method from the second video.

1 week later
#2069 9 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

Gonna finally sell my BDK. It's a room issue.
HUO, Shaker motor, fully LED, topper, lighted flipper buttons, custom shooter rod, backbox LED kit, target decals, Batman call signal mod, less than 400 plays, cliffys (not installed) Perfect. $5400
P1050107.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
P1050106.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
P1050104.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
P1050135.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
P1050138.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Al's standards are the highest you can imagine, and his machines reflect that. If he says perfect, he means PERFECT.

Bump for a great pinsider and GLWS.

1 week later
#2106 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Not sure where to post this. But was at Canadian tire and they had the mini digital torpedo leveler on sale.
This is in edmonton. Not sure if the sale applies across the country
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I have that very same torpedo level, and picked it up on sale for the same price a while back. It's fantastic and worth every penny. Just in case anyone is on the fence.

#2112 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I have a feeling he didn't have insurance on them.

Do you have a feeling, or do you know? If an op has a machine on location without insurance on his livelihood I would be surprised. And shocked. And saddened.

#2165 8 years ago

Unless BAA has changed their shipping policies, I have always had them ship items to me via USPS.

The advantage with USPS is:
1) good shipping rates
2) no horrendous "brokerage" fees ala UPS
3) 50/50 roll of the dice on customs fees. You will still be charged the tax in your province, but customs fees on top of that are a bit of a lottery. Sometimes they charge, sometimes they don't.

That's my experience anyways...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider triumvirat73.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=triumvirat73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.