(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1386 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd love it if my wife liked pinball but I'm fine with it being my thing alone, and even if it goes a week or more without any of them getting played, that's fine.

Is there any way that we can get our wives to like pinball and be cool with us buying multiple pins?

#1395 9 years ago

anybody have any pins for sale near the Toronto area?

#1419 9 years ago

According to the visa merchant rules, the merchant is not allowed to charge extra for using visa. That's against their contract and could result in the terminal being revoked.

#1443 9 years ago

Are there any pinball conventions coming up in the Toronto area?

#1445 9 years ago

I'm looking for a good BOP but they are becoming increasingly difficult to find.

1 week later
#1500 9 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Anybody know the sellers at 120 Woodstream Blvd., unit 17,
Woodbridge, ON, L4L 7Z1?
Open to public on Saturdays 10AM -2PM
Call us at 416-984-2915 or 416-871-4263
Feedback?
Thanks.

Avoid them, I bought my machine from them which was supposedly shopped and under warranty 2 months ago. Well Playdium store just picked up that same machine today for proper servicing. Either they are incapable of doing a proper clean up of a machine or they simply do not return your call.

#1501 9 years ago

I'm looking for a really nice BOP, preferably local to Toronto

#1503 9 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

You must have sold your house!

Yah Playdium is a bit pricey but they have fantastic super fast service. The point is that I shouldn't have to go to them to begin with if Pinball Outlet was competent.

1 week later
#1528 9 years ago
Quoted from Canuckgamer99:

Posting up for a buddy. Pls PM if interested, many pics available.
Pins are in Vancouver:
Williams Indiana Jones: $5700
Williams Star Trek Next Generation: $5700
Williams Bram Stokers Dracula: $3000

Have you seen the pins? How is the condition?

#1543 9 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

I could be totally incorrect in my assumptions and assessment, but I'd guess they will never stop manufacturing MMr as long is there is any type of demand. Meaning - I don't see the rush to pay the 2000 premium on the dollar for one of these. unlike the new age LE/Premium/Pro/Standard. MMr trim levels are just cosmetic. You could take a standard and make it better than an LE down the road if you really wanted to.
Further - if its a successful venture then the repro's will keep coming. That just means that unless you're an absolute purist that has to have an "original" there will be lots of great games coming into the market. If its a flop then MMr will be a one off - but if its a flop do you really want to have anything to do with it??
But if I really had a crystal ball.......i'd be sitting on a beach somewhere with a couple hundred pins sitting in my games room.

I thought of that too but the advantage of the LE amounts to a few hundred dollars worth of extras like shaker motor, plywood base etc.

2 weeks later
#1608 9 years ago

I'm still looking for a good BOP if any of you Canadians feel like parting with one.

#1618 9 years ago

A-list games don't last too long. TZ sold here in Toronto in 2 hours.

#1645 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Finally found an excellent HUO Super Chexx and bought it today, couldn't be happier. Kids love it too!

next week that super chexx will be a lovely coat hanger. The kids will love that too.

#1668 9 years ago

A really nice one sold here in Ontario a few weeks back for 7K and it was in nicer condition from the pics than yours.

#1670 9 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Duhh.... Who cares dude? How is this supposed to help? Seller has already been offered $7500 to ship to Ontario.

Good thing for the guy who offered $7500 that it was turned down. Based on the pin sold in Ontario, it was overpriced. The pin from Ontario would have shipped as well. Best way to determine the price of a pin is to compare it to recent sales. That needs to include pins sold in other provinces that can ship to Alberta. Seller has stated he wanted to know what the price is in Alberta and that is the only way. The seller just happens not to prefer shipping the pin which reduces the potential buyers and would drive the price even lower. Not wanting info on recent sales would result in an uninformed decision and potential problems with the deal. Who cares? How is this supposed to help? I don't know if you are trying to be a dick or are just plain stupid.

2 weeks later
#1801 9 years ago

Is there any difference between this spiderman and spiderman black other than the backglass with a black spiderman?

2 months later
#2234 8 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Kinda surprised with the Kiss announcement there's no AC/DC's coming up. I looked through the market place and literally there isn't an AC/DC to be found.

I'm not surprised, AC/DC is a proven excellent game. Kiss is too much of an unknown. As far as theme goes, I think the two bands are at par with each other. AC/DC will be tough to beat on gameplay.

#2250 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

How much is a stle there?

I just bout one a few months ago for $8500 but I think they are a bit higher now since the new code was released for it.

1 month later
#2556 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I wasn't wasting is time but when he flats out tells me that an IMVE is worth $4K CDN

I'll give you $4001

#2563 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

what if more then 2K meant $2800?

what if a cat barked, then it would be a dog.

#2567 8 years ago

Number was a lot closer to $2500..just so I don't have to hear about this meow / bark stuff LOL.

Good now we have the exact number, but for the record I fully understand Meegis' point. Starburst has to make a profit and they are not going to give anyone top dollar. Maybe it was a low ball initial offer who knows but I think we can all agree that if you want top dollar, post listing here, Macca, Pinball Rev, or even Kijiji is the best way to go. Im not sure about ebay since you can get dinged by paypal if the buyer has some remorse and disputes the listing.

#2578 8 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

i still have my Stern Indiana Jones for sale nice machine with lots of mods(gold powder coated trim Ark topper and speaker inserts Mirror blades and fully LED's) would take $4250 for it or the right trade up down or straight accross pm me if interested

Its a great price, they were going for $4500 here and not nearly as nice.

#2602 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Is it bad I have a list of games Id like soon?

Ugh.

It's only bad if you don't have cash, space or both.

1 month later
#2968 8 years ago

There is one for trade in London, ON. You can give that a shot. Atariaction's sold about a month ago.

http://www.pinballrevolution.com/threads/nice-ij-for-trade.3775/

#2973 8 years ago
Quoted from Eagles77:

Hey guys thanks for the IJ info from down east I was hoping to find one locally with a possible trade option. Still have my Batman Forever to sell$3500 or trade, to many pins I like to list. I know Bob does take trades just never dealt with him so not sure of his machine quality.

Glad to help our pinball brothers out west.

#2999 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Me every time I buy a new pin:
IClTkRd[1].gif
Honestly, this is an expensive hobby, and even more so because we live in a country that doesn't have a ton of machines floating around to saturate the market. Add in the crap exchange rate and it's worsened. We can piss and moan about it, but none of us are going to undervalue our machines, because very few of us got "good" deals on them. Even those of us with a few machines, who can trade them once we want something new, you still have to pay that initial "entrance fee". When I had 1 pin, it always felt so daunting to get something new. Now that I have a few, I can think "hmmm, would I like X more than I like my Y?" and try to work it into a trade.
But, the thing I find interesting about pinball is that no one in this hobby seems to value time played/time spent working on a machine (despite them being machines originally intended to do just that...). What I mean is that if you're willing to, say, spend 30 bucks going to the movie theater (lol, talk about undervalue!) and you get ~2 hours out of that, you need to spend around 200 hours to "get your money's worth" out of $3k machine (did I just correctly math? Whatever.). I doubt I'll hit that with most of my machines, but, the point is, I can still count the enjoyment I'm getting out of something towards the purchase price, which is why I'm okay with taking a bit of a hit when I sell it (and I suspect it's the same reason most people are okay with that).

There are worse and more expensive hobbies to get into. Pinball is actually not that bad when you consider that they tend to keep their value. You can buy 10 pins with a $100K loan from the bank. Interest would be say $2.5-$3K for the year. You can sell the pins after one year and most likely get $100k back. Total cost is say $3k. Consider just one vacation for a family of 5 and you can lose $15k easily.

1 week later
#3050 8 years ago

absolutely gorgeous, nice job.

#3094 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Reading through this thread yesterday I noticed that 2 Canadian pinheads purchased really nice HUO WOZ's and were super pumped to get them, then promptly sold them in a few months. What's up with that? I am not a big fan of the theme and never played one, but the pin looks epic, what is the reason that pinheads cannot keep it in their collections... is it not a keeper?

Seems like a good game, a lot of women like it so its an easy sell to the significant other. It was asked about price earlier and it also depends on the build date as well. Prior to Sept 2013 they had the 5V boards that blew often, I personally know a guy that went through 8 of them. The new boards are 7.5V buffered and seem to do the trick but occasionally fail as well. I'm not saying that its the cause of people giving up their WOZs but may be a contributing factor. I will most likely get one in the future.

#3111 8 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Ok, how about from this angle at night?

20150630_003933.jpg

that looks fantastic but which pin do you like better?

2 months later
#3569 8 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm thinking STLE is probably the first Stern that is going to fetch money like TronLE has, it's a pretty damn desirable machine at the moment.

Quoted from aeonblack:

Also, who's got a TRON LE they want to sell me?

I have both and think they are the greatest pins that Stern put out but I dont see them trending over 10k. Two STLE's sold within the month for around $8500. Tron LE is higher for some reason at about 10K-11K depending on mods and condition. I personally feel that they should be priced within $500 of each other since I wouldn't pick one over the other at around the 9K-9.5K mark. Just my $.02 as an owner.

#3577 8 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

As I mentioned above, it is mine. I feel I have priced it reasonably. STLE seems to be listing for around $8000.00 US here and on Mr. Pinball. Those are my comparables, so I think I am in the ballpark. Sorry you don't think it is worth it. But don't imply I am trying to rip anyone off. If someone doesn't want to buy it, they don't have to. If they can find one somewhere cheaper, then they should buy it.
Imo, anyone who sells a STLE at $7500.00 CDN in this market is either doing a buddy deal, is a saint, or a freaking idiot. Whoever bought it got a fantastic deal. If dollar was still at par I still wouldn't be selling it at that amount.

It's your machine and I sincerely hope you get what you want for it. The thing is with selling pins, you can be astronomically high on a price for 99.9% of the people looking to buy, but all you need is one guy to pull the trigger. Hope you find your trigger puller. GLWS.

#3662 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

This thread is degenerating big time. Lots of mud slinging and not a lot of content in regards to the topic of "Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?"

I get some of the pent up frustrations here folks. Alot seems to evolve around the cost of pins and what they are worth/arent worth here in the Great White North. Couple of years ago, yes, absolutley it would be considered insane what some of us are having to and willing to shell out for a pin. What it all boils down to IMHO, is if someone wants a title bad enough, they will pay what the current market dictates, and like it or not, our dollar sucks balls and the ugly truth of it is, this has to be taken into account when pricing pins now.

I'll use myself as an example. I picked up a TWDLE for 7100.00 US about 3 weeks ago. Landed it's run me about 11K. Insane?? Yep. But it's a title I wanted and went after and accepted the reality of the situation.

Lets get back to having this thread used for what it was designed for....selling pins in Canada. (Besides, all this bickering will let those Yanks know that all of us Canucks aren't that friendly!!)

I couldn't agree more. There is a lot of tension and frustration with the Canadian pin market lately. Fewer pins coupled with our dollar tanking has been a deadly combination. Hopefully we can all get through this together.

#3703 8 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I have a Tron Pro (Not for sale, sorry), and my 2 cents is... I wish I had an LE. I don't think the difference between the two is worth the price gap, but there is no world in which the Pro is better than the LE.
I personally think Eli's Ramp kit LOOKS better than the LE's ramp lights. I love the translight on my Pro...
But I WISH I had DP Multiball. When I settled on the Pro, I thought I'd likely never see DP Multiball, so it was a non issue. However, once you understand the rules, Portal is quite attainable, and the times I've made it there, I wished there was more to do.
So, In the end, if money doesn't matter LE > Pro for sure, However price-wise... TRON LE= Tron Pro + Congo + Jungle Queen. I know the math I went for!

I'll agree to some extent, there are some cases where I prefer the pro. I personally like Met Pro over the Met LE because the hammer seems to get in the way of the sparky shot from the right flipper. Maybe I was just used to playing the pro. Plus the hammer takes up too much space. Everything else the LE is better than pro.

#3729 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSam:

Sorry to disagree. He's been spamming this thread and others for weeks now...that's hardly a good guy. What's more, he grossly overcharges for pins & repairs. If I want to find a retailer in any province, I can go on google.

He's a Canadian, he sells pinballs, he posts in a "Anybody in Canada Have Any Pins They Want To Sell" thread. Hmm.. I don't see a problem.

#3782 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

So a fully modded LE is a $10K game now?? I know another pinsider paid $12K+ for his Red Emerald edition. (new)

Pricing Woz is extremely tricky mainly because the boards have changed so much since the beginning. Earliest being 5V then 7V then 7.5V buffered. Problem is you can't simply replace the 5V for 7.5 buffered without changing the power supply as well. In addition there may be problems associated with certain runs of power supply board smoking/catching on fire around the 2013-2014 runs. Those can be replaced but may cost you $350US if you want to be proactive. Since earlier boards as we all know by now have higher failure rates, those machines should come with a lower price point to offset the future risks/potential problems down the line.

Fast forward to the Ruby Reds in 2015 and you have a much more polished, electronically stable machine. Its only because of the shitty dollar that its 12K+ or it would have been a 9.5K machine at par.
Paying a premium for a Ruby Red may be worth it to not deal with the potential issues. So that pinsider that paid 12k+ may not be too far off.

Difference between the pro and the LE should be around $750-$1000 based on the spread when they first came out and the value of the differences including powdercoating, shaker, and wooden plaques over apron with signatures of Jack and the boys.

Scott's price for his WOZLE is competitively priced and if he was closer to me, ie no shipping and I can see it myself, I would be seriously considering it.

#3785 8 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

9000.00 was what he told me,close to what I sold mine for.

yup

#3792 8 years ago

What do you guys think a huo standard woz should go for in cdn $? 7.5 boards plus new power supply btw

I personally would pay more for it than a WOZLE with the 5V boards and older PS. Price? Probably what starburst charges minus Tax and delivery since its an apples to apples comparison to what they are currently selling.

#3794 8 years ago

Is that $8500usd nowadays?

This is only a guide but based on what actually sold and not just "asking". IMHO the prices that I would say are "fair" are as follow:

WOZLE EC edition 5V boards, bad PS $8000-$8500
WOZLE EC edition 5V Boards good PS* $8500-$9000
WOZLE EC edition 7.5V Boards, $9500-$10000
WOZLE RR edition all have 7.5V, good PS $11500-$12000
WOZLE RR edition NIB $13250

*need to contact Jersey Jack to determine if its one of the affected ones.

Standards are about $750-$1000 less per category.

Ranges depend on mods, condition and location of pin. Again I personally would pay the higher price for the bottom 3 versions but I know a lot of guys who would rather pay the lower priced ones and take the higher risk. Hence the wide range but the take home message is that price of WOZ is not as easy to determine without really asking a lot of questions.

Hope that helps.

#3800 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Are those prices Canadian or American dollar? I certainly hope they are Canadian dollar.

of course

1 month later
#3978 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Yea lets get this back on topic:
For trade only, a players the machine: bride of pinbot plus cash for a st pro or twd

I thought you were going for a full restore on that bride Dustin.

1 week later
#4027 8 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

Tron is sold thanks for the interest

congrats to buyer and seller, great game for a great price.

2 weeks later
#4121 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Have a really nice Flintstones right across the border!

Hey Blackbeard, if you transported that pin just across the border and returned back to the states, would you need to pay tax? If any of us picked up the pin in the States and came over the border with it, we would be taxed. Depending on how close you are to the border, you may want to add that border "service" to sweeten the deal.

#4125 8 years ago
Quoted from trevorm:

Back in the days of a strong Canadian dollar, I did a number of deals with an operator out of Maine. He would drive the pins across the border and meet me on the Canadian side. He was taxed on whatever value he disclosed at customs.

So I guess there is no advatage in having our American friends bring it over the border for us if they are going to be taxed as well.

1 month later
#4388 8 years ago

us_pricing_(resized).jpgus_pricing_(resized).jpg

#4405 8 years ago

A beautiful HUO sold about 4 months ago for 6K

5 months later
#5195 7 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

************Atlantis is not for sale**************
Back on track, I have a Stern Galaxy coming up, $1850. Better pics later in the week.
New plastics, pop caps, lane guides, rubber and lights
LED displays
NVRAM, rebuilt rectifier and SDB
Rebuilt flippers

Beautiful Stern Galaxy but is the Atlantis for sale.

#5199 7 years ago
Quoted from eh97ac:

Just got a Wade Krause of for Atlantis. It will undergo a full restore next summer.

So its a 1 in a million chance you are going to sell Atlantis.

DumbnDumber (resized).jpgDumbnDumber (resized).jpg

5 months later
#6180 7 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Trying to keep it local. . Lovely pin, a really cool and top theme for me, and local so I reached out to Curtis . A great and fun conversation. I plan on visiting him soon to finish the deal and pick up a very nice Flintstones.
A new pin is always fun pin . The racy alternate translite is now calling me. http://www.ministryofpinball.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/f/l/flintstones02.jpg

Congrats Dzoomer, Flintstones is an incredibly underrated pin with huge modding potential. Guests that have no clue about pinball ratings or value will gravitate to it. You and your family will enjoy it.

1 month later
#6671 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

If anyone is heading to Yegpin today from Calgary, Ill pay your gas and buy lunch! Just arrived 5 hours ago from a 9 hour flight ordeal, not sure I can make the drive myself.

Did you take United? then I understand your ordeal and trauma.

3 months later
#7365 6 years ago

Wondering how much a x-men pro goes for vs x-men le....both have become available to me and trying to decide any help would be appreciated.

Probably $1000-$1200 difference in price.

2 months later
#7780 6 years ago

FlipperFreak So do you drop ship to our homes or depot? what is the shipping cost over the cost of the pin?

2 months later
#8026 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Um, yeah it kinda does... I agree with the above, more like $11k, but hey, its all about what someone will pay.

Actually you are both right. If a game is still currently available NIB then you need to adjust it to the current USD to reflect that. If a game is not available and the original owner paid when the dollar was shit, then technically his landed price becomes street price. There are other factors of course like competition with other titles, overall value , collectibilty and of course what a buyer is willing to pay.

#8028 6 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

Most times if it is available NIB you have to knock off $500 - $1000 from what you paid to entice someone to buy it used

True, I should have added that in addition to adjusting to current USD expect to also knock $500-$1000 off. It bugs me too when people try to sell their games that are still available from retailers for full price plus full taxes plus full set up and delivery fee .As long as we are all clear that you can't go back and say that an LE that is no longer available NIB that had an MSRP of say $6000US back in 2011 should be priced at $7400CAN. If that was the case, a Tron LE would be going for that today.

3 weeks later
#8107 6 years ago

Anyone know where there is a good source for PDI/Roman Glass? I am addicted to the stuff and could use another 6 sheets.

1 week later
#8121 6 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Also going to put Champion Pub back up online $5300.

Damn Spencer you are killing me!!

10 months later
#10301 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

so whats a Tron LE with plenty of add ons worth today? Thinking to sell to make room for Munsters! Adds are the little arcade screen thing that plays pacman i believe. bumper caps lit up under cab lights and the lit bikes x 4. Not sure what came originally. Its had maybe 50 plays in last 4 years since bought. No worries I feel shame

I would say around $12000 for a stock one.

2 months later
#10894 5 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It didnt sell. He ended up keeping it.

I wish he would have posted "no longer for sale" instead of "sold" as it creates confusion as to what the expected price should be. I was on the fence with Spencer's last year and I know he had a hard time selling his eventually for 5k.

1 month later
#11112 5 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Well we never really made it official. If you want to make a small donation to pinside that would be great!

Take his money! If it was reversed he would send a collection agency after you.

7 months later
#12449 4 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

CDN customers - 1 sheet Voodoo Wide Body Glass / Delivered - $400.00 (ALL IN).
2 sheets Voodoo Wide Body Glass / Delivered - $725.00 (ALL IN)
Toll Free 1-855-366-4876 or [email protected]
Can also be picked up for $325 per sheet in Calgary & Vancouver.

But what if I only want PDI?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=superpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.