(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5721 7 years ago

Looking to make contacts with Alberta collectors looking to sell (now or down the road), family friendly, collector quality 90's B/W (restored, HUO, etc). FT, WCS, NGG anyone? Feel free to PM me.

2 weeks later
#5844 7 years ago

Yeah probably fake, sorry

#5845 7 years ago

Here was the text:

The kids are moving out and we are downsizing. No room for this pinball machine in the new house... but being the huge Star Wars fans we are we want to have a little fun and want another Star Wars lover to have it! Please call and give us your best chewbaca roar! Call 1 (403 318-0510 we have caller ID, so we can track them..no need to call more than once, unless of course you feel you can do better! We will call back the winner at 8:00 tonight and the machine is yours. Good Luck and may the Force be with you!!!

1 month later
#6109 7 years ago

If you are newer to pinball, make sure you ask some experienced pinsiders about sellers whose reputations are well known in Alberta. I'm relatively new and everyone I've met have repeated the same kind of stories.

2 months later
#6755 6 years ago

Not sure what these are worth but at exchange rate of 1.36, Batman Forever is 4044 USD and Street Fighter 2426 USD. Just check recent sales on pinside to see how these prices compare.

#6764 6 years ago

US pricing does have a direct affect on pricing here in Canada but this relationship is quite complicated. Here are some thoughts:

1. There is a huge advantage in picking up a machine locally, one that you can see and touch before you buy and many will say this is the only way to buy a pin. However, IF can get over the great number of inconveniences of having a pin shipped (misrepresentation of quality of pin, financial risk from payment to stranger, damage risk from shipping, substantial shipping costs, paperwork, long wait time, etc.), THEN local prices in Canada can only be a certain amount higher than US prices and no more. Because at a certain point, you can just order the game from the US, which in my experience is about $1000 CDN for a single pin when all is said and done (shipping, customs broker, GST, payment fees).

2. Time is money. If there is a pin you really want, you could wait 20yrs to have it show up on the local market or it may never show up. Then when it finally shows up someone else buys it immediately. Waiting is not always an option depending on how many machines there are available locally.

3. Local prices can be much higher than US prices if local demand is much higher than local supply. But this is only true up to a certain price point since people will just rather ship it in. The thread you are reading is for pins available for sale in Canada and just count how few pins come up in one month - very few. If a nice pin comes up at a reasonable price it will be gone in hours and this is across all of Canada.

Come to think of it, there are so few pins available to buy that in a thread titled "Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?" mostly what we do is talk about prices (I'm guilty here too ). This is how much local demand exceeds local supply. Therefore we can expect local prices to be quite a bit higher than US prices in some cases.

#6765 6 years ago

When I say approximately $1000 CDN to ship a single pin, I'm referring to a $2000 USD pin say shipped to Alberta. Of course add your local PST rate and also adjust depending on the value of the pin so shipping a pin can be substantially more in the end. Also depends on where in the US it is being shipped from (+- a couple hundred). If you have PST for example, this will affect local prices as well as shipping a pin from the US becomes more expensive and therefore sellers can ask for higher prices before buyers will ship one in.

1 month later
#6936 6 years ago

Doesn't the title of this thread make us Canadians seems a bit desperate?

#6937 6 years ago

Anyone, anything, across the entire country... anything please? Dear God... anything at all with two flippers?

#6940 6 years ago

Lighthearted joke Spencer - sorry if it came across as otherwise

2 weeks later
#7071 6 years ago

What pinball addicts and smokers have in common... they are always telling you "this is my last one"

3 months later
#7704 6 years ago

Can anyone recommend a shipper to ship a pin from Winnepeg to Edmonton? (thanks)

3 weeks later
#7801 6 years ago
Quoted from Flippers_com:

Tommy is not the only P1 - Stern distributor in western Canada.
That is all I can say right now.
More will be out on Tuesday.
John :-#)#

What is a "P1" Stern distributor?

3 months later
#8116 6 years ago

BAM!

El Dorado, Freedom and Jungle in Winnepeg on kijiji - ED looks nice!

All three for $2000! I'd jump but no space

Looks like good deal so passing on.

2 weeks later
#8189 6 years ago

This one is pending for <= $5300 USD: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/61691.

NIB for $5900 USD: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/57843

and another HUO for $4950 USD: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/58999

Have to factor in current exchange rate is around x1.3 and also GST & PST of your province so local prices will vary depending on where in Canada and how bad one wants one. One should be able to get one shipped to someone in Alberta from USA for approx the US price x 1.3 x 1.07 + ~$1000 CDN (shipping) whatever that is. Add PST for other provinces. If near border, one could drive to pick up if close.

3 weeks later
#8351 6 years ago

I'm looking for some Gottlieb harness wire for fixing my '70s wedgeheads (cloth covered). If anyone has a harness for sale or even just part of one please PM. I'll be at YEGPIN.

2 weeks later
#8415 5 years ago

Looking for GTB 70's A-title EMs in very nice original condition - PM me if you're thinking of parting with now or someday down the road. If you're coming to YEGPIN I'll see you there. Can't wait!

3 weeks later
#8546 5 years ago

Why downvotes for someone wanting to sell IMDN LE?

1 month later
#8784 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Bram Stoker's Dracula is sold pending tonight's pickup congrats to the new owner! one hell of a game.

Congrats to the buyer! BSD really is a special game!

2 months later
#9507 5 years ago

These posts are a good reminder that those new to the hobby should only consider buying used pins from local, fellow collectors who have loved, fixed and cared for their own pins.

4 weeks later
#9670 5 years ago

The community is too small to stay mad... have a beer and make up already I say

1 month later
#10079 5 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Bring one into Canada and see what it costs you then.
Game is in great condition, most are not.
I am open to reasonable offers and trades as well.
Save me some popcorn Spencer,lol

All I’d like to add is that I agree that you can’t just do simple currency conversions for price comparisons like that. Some other factors include local supply/demand, PST of your province and shipping costs to name just a few. Not to mention that prices are quite varied across different parts of US.

#10085 5 years ago
Quoted from yellowghost:

I suppose I find it annoying when some sellers add the price of shipping and duty on top of the asking price. How can those costs effect the value of a product that is already INSIDE the country, presumably since the 90's. The taxes and shipping were paid for long time ago by somebody else unless the seller was the original owner. Most cases not..and the machine was bought dirt cheap when operators started unloading them. Look at it this way...the guy at the 7-11 wouldnt make very much money if he was selling cans of coke for 20 dollars a piece because he reckoned it would cost the customer 25 dollars to drive to the closest bordertown to get one. Just saying.

Everyone likes money so people sell stuff for what they can get for it and not what they paid for it. When multiple people are interested in selling and buying the same things you have a ‘market’ with ‘supply and demand’.

Example: say there were no MM in Canada except for one which is owned by Fred living in Calgary. Fred was given this new MM as a gift from winning a contest from Williams including free delivery.

Fred wants to sell at today’s prices because he likes money. What he got it for has absolutely nothing to do with what he sells it for. Now what price should Fred sell it for?

The ‘market’ price is not only determined by Fred but moreso by what all the other buyers are willing to pay for it. A Canadian buyer’s only other reasonable alternative is to buy from the US for which he will have to pay at least transportation costs and taxes. Therfore, a Canadian buyer —will be willing— to pay this amount more for Fred’s machine so Fred can then bake-in these costs into his price. Yes, even though he paid zero shipping.

It’s not an explicit charge that’s added, it’s just one of —many factors— that can be invisibly baked into the market price. And I’m not defending it, just trying to explain one part of how economics might factor into pin prices.

In the end, a pin is worth what buyers are willing to pay for it and no more.

#10137 5 years ago

I played the BSD at Yegpin this year and found it to be pretty much one of the best B/W games! Almost bought it but it went to a lucky Calgary buyer.

Tough! - unforgiving even but could not stop playing it. Also known for making you a better pinball player - heard this on more than one podcast from pros. Trying to get all three multiballs going is super fun and mist multiball is unlike anything in pinball. Art struck me as basic/cheesy at first but now I just love the whole package. Sound package creates a mood unlike other games and it tries to be actually spooky rather than campy which is a nice change (not for the kiddies).

Anyway, I don’t know Spinape but just had to post for any Albertans who don’t know just how great this game is!

“Thiiiirrrtttyyy milliiiiiioonnnnn!”

Someday I will own this but not good timing for me now.

3 weeks later
#10351 5 years ago

Wow wow wow wow!

Awesome auction alert!

3 weeks later
#10608 5 years ago

GTB wedgie collector looking to add a sweet original to the herd (AAB or replay, 3”). Let me know what you have. I’m in Montreal and happy to drive for pickup.

#10649 5 years ago

Anyone know how to list Canadian events on pinside? When I go to events page all I see is filter for 5 countries and Canada is not one of them.

#10659 5 years ago

I’m looking to buy a nice & clean, original Gottlieb 3” flipper EM (AAB or replay) sometime soon

Let me know if you know of a nice one - thanks!

#10681 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

If you have ever purchased a game from someone in the US, what is the best method to make a deposit from a Canadian bank? I was trying to make the deposit through Paypal, but it takes over a week to move the funds from your bank account to your Paypal account. Any assistance would be appreciated.

If you go to your bank you can make a bank transfer directly to a US bank account (for a fee). I recall it taking 2-3 days. I sent the seller pics of the docs from my phone to show I was serious and had done what I said. However, keep in mind that this is 100% safe from the sellers perspective which means you cannot get your money back. This is good in the way that a seller can proceed without worries but not so good if seller doesn't send you the machine

3 weeks later
#10879 5 years ago

FYI, player’s condition generally means beat - for those who just want to play and dont’t care so much about looks.

1 month later
#11248 4 years ago

... until you build a dedicated building for 40 of them right?

1 week later
#11314 4 years ago

I have two free pinball-sized shipping pallets in Edmonton - PM me if you need.

3 weeks later
#11485 4 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

there could be some potential/future issues with the game

To me this is always a given in this hobby

#11520 4 years ago

Volley is one of my favorite pins! Great game and a good EM to start with especially if it’s fully working when you get it. Good luck and welcome to this awesome hobby!

#11526 4 years ago

Congrats to the new owner! Melt the witch is just the beginning

1 year later
#14329 3 years ago

Thinking of selling a pin that’s so f’n special I think I’m just going to keep it. In fact it’s so special that no buyer will ever be worthy to purchase it, for any amount, or even know what pin it is. It’s so special that you’re not even worthy enough to read this post about it nevermind having me telling you anything about it reaching a nirvana level of restoration perfection (and other mods added). Makes HEP look like a clown. I mean the leg bolts alone were hand polished by 7 indonesian child workers over a period of 5 months. PM me for price. But don’t because I’m not selling it ever. But man, it’s special and would cost you more than you could even afford. Too much really. So much that I’m not going to tell you the price. Not just because it’s stratopherically high but because you’re not even worthy to know it. So I’m not going to tell you. Trades only please. But would be open to reasonable offers if I were open to selling it. Which I’m not. F it’s nice though.

#14332 3 years ago

I changed my mind. For the right price, I will in fact consider letting it go. When hell freezes over.

2 weeks later
#14521 3 years ago

Just repeating as it’s important. Paypal protects buyer 100% and zero protection for seller. Therefore as a seller you cannot allow paypal payment. There are many threads that will attest to this some where buyer has been fully refunded and even kept the pin.

3 months later
#15503 3 years ago

Merry X-mas fellow Canadian addicts! A shitty year in general but a great one for pinball. Cheers!

2 months later
#16329 3 years ago

Few years into this hobby now and the rules be:

- Seller makes the rules if you don’t like it walk. Thats in a buyers market. The seller has the expensive thing, the buyer does not. Seller is no being a dick, he just has 100 other people who will buy the game for less hastle than you're giving him.

- Never sell to someone who thinks you’re gouging them. There is no such thing as gouging in pinball, there are only sellers and happy buyers. If it’s too much then hapilly walk because you saved your money. Who buys a pinball machine while being pissed off its too much?

- paypal gives all power to buyer as buyer always wins. So if you are a seller and agree to paypal, then you are ok with the possibility of ending up with no machine and no cash. Many stories on pinside. So as a buyer, knowing this and putting yourself in any sellers shoes, you fully understand now why paypal is impossible for sellers to agree to. Still don’t get it? Just wait until you sell yourself.

- you don’t enter a new community demanding anything. We’re not walmart and even at walmart who walks in like some kind of king demanding stuff? When I buy a new game I’m just grateful i even had the chance to buy the thing and grateful to meet others.

- we wait years and years for a chance just to buy a pin, so burning bridges is not a good plan. Maybe baseball cards for you?

- great advice to just buy in-person until you get a few years on and settle the f down

3 weeks later
#16550 3 years ago

Shipping is a coin toss. Expert wrapped, perfectly honest member of this great community with everything as described

OR...

don’t-give-a-fark, tell-you-anything-you-want-to-hear-and-hide-damage, no-honor scammers.

And very rarely someone who doesn’t have a clue. But mostly one of the two categories above.

Protect youself by have a facetime/zoom call on phones so he can show you every detail you want to see and answer your questions. I’ve been burned big-time and have learned my lesson. Newbs beware.

2 months later
#17234 2 years ago

Lots of ads for sale in this hobby mentioning they don’t want to sell.

Just a small note that if you are selling your game then ultimately you want to sell your game. Perhaps on many levels you dont want to sell... but if you are selling it then all anyone cares about, including you, is that you are ultimately selling it. You are selling it because you want to sell it otherwise you would not sell it. This is why you posted an ad for sale of your game so that you will sell it, you get cash in return, and it will leave your home.

Now excuse me, I have to go to Five Guys now for a burger eventhough I DO NOT WANT TO EAT IT.

1 month later
#17461 2 years ago

YEGPIN has always been fantastic (the last 3 years I’ve been) and I don’t think the general public appreciates the level of effort required to pull this off (much of it volunteer).

I’m sure constructive criticism is appreciated but keep in mind there are a lot of tradeoffs and there are multiple goals they are trying to optimize... two of them being competition and general public access.

So when you walk into the next YEGPIN, keep in mind that even though you paid your entrance fee, you are not some kind of fn king who can demand access to everything you want. If you’re in the public access group like me, you get access to a to tonload of games and if you’re in the competition, then you get access to some other games. It’s that simple. If you can’t understand and feel your frustration makes you boil, then stay the f home, sign up for competition or buy a plane ticket to another event where you’ll probably find the exact same thing.

To the organizers, thank you for all you are doing and appreciate that in any organization you can’t make everyone happy all of the time. The other 99%+ of us (including me and my son) think it’s fantastic and has been getting better each year. Keep that small percentage in perspective - you’re all doing great! Thanks!

4 months later
#18653 2 years ago

In a heated real estate market it can feel just absolutely brutal bidding for 10’s of thousands above the asking price with multiple offers on the table. During a slow real estate market you just might have the owner ask you for dinner after you come to terms.

Just as in pinball, which is crazy-town hot right now, it’s the market and not so much the people. Same people - insane market and so not the best time for newbs to enter unless money is of no concern.

As a buyer in this market there should only be two circumstances:

1. You understand the market is hot but you want to buy anyway so you pay what pins are selling at. You are happy when you buy as you got what you wanted.

2. You understand that it’s not a good time for you right now so you are happy to not buy as you can’t afford it.

If you paid for something and are mad about it then the issue is with you as you shouldn’t have bought it - perhaps that’s your body telling you that you don’t think it’s worth it so don’t do it.

So if you are making rational decisions then there is only happy and happy as your choices.

And you can’t be mad at sellers (although I agree things have come completely off the rails) because most of us would sell at the market rate wouldn’t we?

But I do agree that it can feel brutal when a market is this hot. It is largely due to overstimulus in the US economy and not because sellers woke up one day and decided to gouge you. And btw there is no gouging in pinball as pinball is not a need but rather an expensive luxury want.

Be happy either way - you’re in the driver’s seat.
There is no dilema for me - I’m just in the second camp right now, waiting by the sidelines.

#18801 2 years ago

Wow, the pitch of the whine in this thread about prices is hitting some new highs - like squeals from a bunch of one year olds.

Sellers can list and sell for whatever price they want because they own the thing. Is this some new concept?

And buyers can choose to buy or not.

So simple.

Why so many are pissed I have no idea. Just choose not to buy and if the seller overpriced it, then he won’t sell it. If he sold it at the price that you thought was overpriced, did the seller make a mistake? So you’re mad at him?

One more thing. In a super hot market, there are two factors. One is the price but another is whether or not you even have the opportunity to even buy a pin you're looking for at any price.

And all this bitching in this thread is probably just putting off even more people from just simply posting here because they don’t want to deal will all this BS.

If the goal of this thread is just to buy and sell pins in Canada then maybe the price whining need to settle down is all I’m saying. Please.

#18803 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It had finally settled down until you brought it up again but thanks for your input.

Sorry, just read the last couple days in one sitting. OK moving on

1 week later
#18947 2 years ago

Just waiting to see if price police come out now for buyers willing to pay market...

1 week later
#19050 2 years ago

Is there really a pinside reply quota? What really? Can someone explain? Thx

4 months later
#20070 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

thanks, that is certainly not an option for me and would never pay that for a Tron in 1B years, lol

Disagree. That will be a steal in 1B years.

1 month later
#20370 1 year ago

Tons of love for pinball 2000 lately and I’m happy for everyone who labours to find and purchase their dream game, but just wondering what these fans are seeing or experiencing when they play it. I just played them both recently and really tried hard to and keep an open mind and let’s just say I couldn’t feel the love as a pinball machine or as a video game (leaving out what I’d actually like to say about them). So my question is, are fans of these two games actually having great pinball times compared to playing an equivalently priced pinball machine or feeling/experiencing something else (museum piece showing demise of BW, cluster attempt to integrate video games and pinball, nostalgia, need to sell it so need to love it, first sexual experience that happened to occur next to this machine while in college)?

Everything else in pinball I get, even back to nails pouded into wood, just not these two games. Someone please help me get it.Especially when I play SWep1, I get images in my mind of first smashing it and then lighting it on fire as a way to set the universe straight. Just me?

1 month later
#20676 1 year ago

At YEGPIN this year I couldn’t believe how many times I’d look up to see what version of a game it was and it was often premium or even LE! What an incredible show and thanks to everyone that donated their great games

1 week later
#20733 1 year ago

Anyone here score the kijiji $2850 BSD yesterday in Calgary?

#20779 1 year ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I saw this thread had 20+ posts since I was last here, and thought people must be going nuts for my slugfest! Alas, sadly that does not seem to be the case. sigh...

Indeed it is a slugfest! Just not the one you were referring to.

2 months later
#21429 1 year ago

Just a public service announcement after reading some nonsense over the last few weeks... sellers own the machine so they set the price. Politely make an offer if you wish but if it’s way off (like half), please don’t bother as you probably have a greater chance of winning 6-49 than getting it at the fantasy price in your head. It’s not about the seller’s price being right or wrong. Some sellers don’t really want or need to sell so these are priced higher.

And remember, if the feely feels in your buyer head make you all grumpy inside, it is precisely market demand that is causing this feeling. If you could just buy it easily, then no frustration right? The frustration simply means it is worth more and if you can’t afford then just say to yourself “I’m out” and go watch the hockey game. I am out on a lot of stuff these days and am completely at peace.

#21430 1 year ago

Addendum:

I just listened to a podcast with a billionaire and he mentioned a poker game he was playing with a pot that exceeded 1 million dollars (US)...

I just can’t afford anything like this - it is way above where I’m comfortable at and I’m ok with that for I am not a billionaire.

This is true for poker and for anything else in life including far lesser priced things like pinball. If you feel comfortable playing at a certain level then go for it. If not, then say to yourself “this is out of my league” and walk.

Anything else, especially berating sellers and complaining about how it’s not fair makes you nothing more than a whiney bitch. Have some respect for yourself. Lift your man head up and stop making these drawn out, high pitched sounds that children make - and for God’s sake please consider you are making these squeals about the price of toys.

Sellers set the price because they own the thing and someday after you buy your first machine you may want to sell. Then you will have that same right to sell at the price you choose. Simple.

1 week later
#21526 1 year ago

Looking for a nice TOTAN preferably one that’s been thrown into a wood chipper. PM me with price (not over $20 please).

#21543 1 year ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Game looks fun but JJP missed the mark with pricing on it. For a game aimed at families, why make it so expensive...

Aimed at rich families.

2 weeks later
#21701 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Nice. This is why the "hobby" has been destroyed.
It used to be a guy could scan the ads on the weekend over a slow coffee and be excited by the possibility of finding someone's "trash" that would be their next "treasure". Some old routed game that's already lived 5 lives but that you could see the potential in, bring it home for "fun money", and invest a little more and lots of elbow grease and make something out of it. Nowadays the hunt is all but dead, every game is scooped by large flippers with bots monitoring the ads, and if your old game isn't a 100% restored with a bunch of shit it never had in the first place (LEDs, CC playfield, colour DMD) it's a "POS".
Money ruins everything.

If “hobby” means financial gain then I agree. It’s all but dead.

Another factor is that grandma can google now too so she won’t accept 10% of value (and perhaps sellers getting near what games are worth is not so bad either).

However, if you mean “collector”, someone who bought cheap, fixed up and kept as part of their collection then there is still justice in the world. Since the value of these games have gone up along with the market, collectors can sell and still buy in the market since they were part of the market. This remains true even if games go to 50K per and beyond.

If you are relatively new, then of course you can’t expect to have the same advantages as those who have been in the market for many years. This is true for everything including cars and Tesla stock so everyone should be at peace with that.

Supply and demand economics is not some evil force attacking us but rather the sum total of all our human desires. This is to say that ultimately things might be closer to how they should be than most people think.

2 weeks later
#21764 1 year ago
Quoted from spikedbat:

Godzilla Prem $14,500
Has 3000 plays approx
Judge Dredd $6500
Both are on kijiji and located in GTA if anybody is interested.

Finally someone really played a pinball before selling - this is the way to do it! So many for sale ads with double digit plays always leaves me wondering

4 months later
#23110 10 months ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Yes Popeye is also heavy game but unrated game so fun

From what I recall, it’s definately been rated

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=spinal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.