(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,839 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by Eagles77
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15363 3 years ago

How much are UPS brokerage fees usually? I recently ordered from Pinball Life via FedEx and the fee was $10 for brokerage which I didn't think was too bad.

Perhaps this is best case scenario?

#15373 3 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

UPS brokerage fees are some of the highest in the industry. I paid $80 on a used $300 iPod. That was nearly 20 years ago. Yes, I'm still bitter about it.

That seems insane but perhaps the import rules were different back then. Seems now there is no duty on most items coming from the US but there is GST + PST (or HST) applied. At least that is what this calculator is telling me.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

Quoted from Malibu-SS:

Surprisingly,the bill was mostly tax....UPS only charged $10 brokerage

Thanks for the info. $10 doesn't seem too bad for convenience of not having to broker it yourself.

1 month later
#15545 3 years ago
Quoted from Haelryan:

Stupid Question of the week, where does everyone buy replacement pinballs? The actual metal balls use to play the machine and how oftn do you replace the ones in your game? Is there someone who sells in Canada and what is the cost?

I ordered some BallBarron Ninja balls when I put an order in with Mezelmods and they are real shiny. You can also order direct from BallBarron or through his eBay listings for international sales, but shipping on a small order is likely not worth it unless you are doing a bulk buy for many machines or bring in some friends.

2 months later
#16462 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Never have I got a Comet duty bill. There’s no brokerage on USPS, I find Comet to be reasonable shipping prices

This. I ordered about $100 Canadian in parts and was expecting duty upon arrival. Canada post person just dropped it off, no extra charges.

Bit of a tangent but when did Pinball Life stop shipping USPS? A year ago when Covid hit?

10 months later
#19168 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Poor noob. Probably heard that pinball was a sure thing for making money. Nobody explained to him that selling for profit while anyone can get it new right now doesn’t work.

I agree to an extent but if you put in an order for a Rush Pro today, when do you think you would receive it? I can't recall the production schedule but I would imagine you are waiting 6 months minimum. Some people are still waiting for Mando's they ordered in the summer.

I am not defending this flipper at all, this is a pretty nasty gouge, but I suspect that they are hoping the production delays will justify their price. Hence why we are seeing some used recent titles selling for higher than MSRP cause people don't want to wait.

5 months later
#20312 1 year ago

Here is one down south that has come down since originally posted. Deadpool Prem, low plays and a few tasteful mods. Was $9500 USD --> 9250 --> 8950 --> 8750.

Not a steal, but MSRP is $8899 + tax/shipping.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-deadpool-premium-w-mods-29-plays#post-7042892

#20340 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

I've never moved a pinball 2000, is it quite the adventure?

CRT monitor in the head and a full PC tower in the cab of the original I believe. Or is that in the head too? There are modern mods to replace the CRT with an LCD and a smaller PC to run this though.

#20343 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Unless you go OLED I guess…

OLED or QLED... Quite the upgrade for a Pin2K!

3 weeks later
#20476 1 year ago
Quoted from ShineSpark:

Just curious as to what the current retail price is for a NIB Stern LE? I know this doesn't necessarily translate to market price... There's a Godzilla LE (approx 500 plays) up for sale in Montreal for $18.5k and that "feels" pretty high to me but maybe I'm just deluding myself?

18.5k CAD is a heck of a lot cheaper than the NIB one Zach at FlipNOut has up for 21k USD + shipping as a comparable.

4 weeks later
#20792 1 year ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Any price or pics you can share?

Looks to be this one if you are a member of either of these groups.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/canadianpinball/posts/3293522730887221/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/310369809147909/posts/2094502144067991/

How long has it been since you played this? The flipper rubbers are dusty!

3 weeks later
#20978 1 year ago

Is NGG sought after these days? I knew someone selling one a year or 2 before the pandemic and wasn't getting a ton of bites. I enjoy NGG but the audio in a home setting would drive me nuts after a while. The music/effects are very repetitive and the callouts can get annoying in a hurry.

#20983 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Ha, you mean exactly like Fish Tales??!

Touche I was kinda expecting this but for whatever reason the sound package on Fish Tales does not annoy me nearly as much as No Good Gofers.

4 weeks later
#21296 1 year ago
Quoted from Miranda:

Love Quasars, checked it out while I was in Victoria in June! Sounds like their pin lineup changed quite a bit since I was there

Quazar's has a lot of games in storage so they rotate frequently. They have quite a few solid state and DMDs waiting in the wings.

There is talk of a move to a larger location that will get more of these out on the floor which would be great, especially for league events.

1 month later
#21597 1 year ago
Quoted from dino7c:

Anyone have or know of a Stern Star Wars Pro/Premium for sale?
ready to buy, would like it for a Christmas gift so ASAP
thanks

Nitro has Pros in stock if you want NIB. Not quite sure why they have 2 listings as both show the same price but here they are:

https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines/products/star-wars-pro

https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines/products/star-wars-pro-last-one-at-2021-pricing

1 month later
#21869 1 year ago

Fellow Canadians I could use some advice around how to clear backglass at customs that is being sent to me as a gift. I am using a service that will bring packages from the US to Canada but I have to be my own broker to clear the items at customs. Typically this has been commercial sales so I have a very detailed invoice, however for this it is a private donation with me just covering the cost of shipping.

How can I draft up an invoice to cover this? I am assuming I would need the shippers info (name, address, phone num), a date, itemized list which in this case is 1 backglass, and a value associated with it which is $0. Is there anything else I am missing? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#21872 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

not sure $0 will work , they may ask for the actual value of it , and base fee's on that .

That's a fair point but I do know you can claim something as a "gift" when sending from US to Canada. Max gift value is $60 Canadian so perhaps I can draft this as being worth $60.

It is a backglass for Fan-Tas-Tic. Not too sure how many examples they are going to find of that but certainly would not put it past them to dig something up!

#21874 1 year ago

I found a PDF form at the top of this link. Perhaps this is overkill? Kinda seems like what I would need to fill out. Thanks to all for the suggestions and guidance.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/ci1-eng.html

#21879 1 year ago
Quoted from SLicK350:

For a border service like Shippsy you have two issues - a backglass being a “fragile” item and a gift.

I'm not using Shippsy but a service similar. The difference is I have to clear the item at customs whereas it looks like Shippsy handles this for you.

Why the concern over the fragility of the glass? If UPS (or anyone) can ship it safely, is Shippsy drop kicking packages on the final leg? No doubt there is risk, but if it is packaged properly I am not too concerned. I suppose I will find out next week!

1 month later
#22441 1 year ago
Quoted from GoodManners:

Why don't American's buy in Canada? We're like Mexico North.
Their dollar is worth so much more - If I lived in the US I would be buying and bringing back for sure....
Hell in my experience they don't really travel to Canada or like crossing the border.

Don't spill the beans, we need more pinball in Canada, not less

But you are not wrong. If you lived near the border you could get some great deals if you drove north for them. I am just waiting on CAD to approach par with USD again to score deals down south! I could be waiting a while

1 month later
#22618 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

think there are some extras on the EA units as well !

"Far out. Far fuckin' out."

Does the rug comes with a pee stain? Mix tape of Creedence? Coffee Mate for the White Russians on the go? A small sample of Donny's ashes? So many options.

4 months later
#23584 7 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Like this?
I could let the Dr Who go but JP is an NOS PF.

I've seen lights hooked up before but never a "meow" call out. Nice touch!

1 month later
#23779 6 months ago

Does anyone have interest, or know someone who might have interest, in a Flash Gordon hardtop? I bought a machine that came with an Outside Edge hardtop but I decided to touch up the playfield instead of installing it. I have the original box and packaging it was shipped with.

I am asking $600 CAD. DM me if you would like photos or additional info.

1 month later
#24062 4 months ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

I think P1 is done.

P1 isn't done, they are just owned by a different parent company and are no longer part of Cineplex.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smack.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=smack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.