(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbiedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#550 9 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Any of you grab that Mario pin that was in Leduc? It went damn fast!

Yea I saw that too, non working and for $1900... crazy.

#580 9 years ago

My first amusement was an arcade machine, Vindicators. Its shaped like a tank and weighs as much.

Honestly, ever since I moved that and my Crazy Taxi Upright arcade up and down my stairs, pins seem light and easy! It's all relative I guess!

1 month later
#795 9 years ago

I have a fully restored Tee'd Off that I'm looking to trade.

1 week later
#859 9 years ago

Edit: I'm not the seller.

It looks like there might be a decent deals to be had in Edmonton (Considering the Alberta Market) on a few older fixer er upper machines... for those who like classic games.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/edmonton/pinball-machine/1016571986?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-games-consoles-other/edmonton/pinball-machine/1016153167?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

1 month later
2 weeks later
#1137 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

I am looking for a Tales from the Crypt if anyone has one they can ship, or is in the Edmonton/Calgary region.

Last time I was there, Bob in Red Deer had one. This is him:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-video-games-consoles-other/red-deer/pinball-games-for-sale/551247533?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

2 months later
#1549 9 years ago

Looking to possibly trade my JM... playfield is excellent, LEDs, cabinet a wee bit faded (it's no longer as red as it once was) - overall in very good shape. I like the game but I don't... I dunno, love it - if that makes sense. Just seeing what's out there for a straight trade.

I can take more pics for interested parties.

IMG_20150130_202140.jpgIMG_20150130_202140.jpg

IMG_20150130_202338.jpgIMG_20150130_202338.jpg

1 week later
#1597 9 years ago
Quoted from YKpinballer:

In case there's anyone out there who doesn't know Bob from Red Deer yet,

I've purchased from him - as long as you know going in that he's a business, and some (many) his machines are in players condition, then you're fine.

Bob's actually a really nice guy, and if you hate what you end up with he'll let you come back and swap for something else.

As long as you're educated about what to expect & what you're getting, and you can deal with paying more because he's a business and not a hobbyist, I would say you're fine dealing with him (which seems to be the general consensus!)

Post edited by robbiedoo: Accidentally re-quoted a quote!

#1604 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Your quote is totally wrong. I didn't say that, I have no problem calling a spade a spade but I have no dog in this fight. [...] Another user said that, please make the change.

Oh! Dang! My bad - quoted from the wrong post. I fixed it. Sorry!!!

And please, don't misunderstand... I wasn't intending on my post coming off as if I was arguing with someone, or implying that anyone said something to the opposite of what I said. I was just stating how I felt about dealing with him. I was really just sharing my thoughts!

EDIT:
When I first got into the hobby I bought from him, but it wasn't sight-unseen. The pin (X-Files) was actually in really good shape, and there were zero issues with it. I have gone back since, and have been happy overall with my experiences.

I would argue that he's not out to rip people off, he's a business and will promote his product like one. And if you get something that doesn't work for you, he WILL trade it back for something else. Try getting that from random sellers on Kijijij.

I don't work for him or anything. I just think that comparing him to a rip off artist is a little unfair, especially when you have the option of taking a pin back if something goes wrong.

However, I'm not going to argue this - those are my feelings on the topic, and I wanted to share. I'm sure others will agree or disagree.

1 week later
#1655 9 years ago

It does look more authentic!

#1663 9 years ago

Seriously considering putting my TAF up for trade... it's in good working order, with the following 'non-critical' issues:

- DMD has 1 dead column I'll swap it with a 100% working one
- Glass is scuffed I can swap in a better glass for the right deal
- one of the ramps seems to have broke in the past and has been glued back together (looks like this is really the only major issue now)

It has LEDs and a partially installed new rubber kit (I didn't get around to the upper playfield, but I have the rest of the kit) - very little playfield wear, a few very small spots by the outlanes, but overall pretty darn good.

Ideally, I'd like to trade it for 2 lesser titles from the same (DMD) era - but I'm flexible, and have no real expectations. Just like to see what offers may come my way.

While I'm at it, what do you think might be a fair price to ask for this in the Alberta market - just in case I decide to sell.

Pics: ( I took these super quick so please excuse the quality )

6.png6.png
5.png5.png
4.png4.png
3.png3.png
2.jpg2.jpg
1.jpg1.jpg
5.png5.png

1 month later
#2059 9 years ago

Looks like there's an TAF on Edmonton Kijiji... and a Robocop (for $3200?!?)

Neither are mine, just pointing it out.

#2076 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

But your original post said you were willing to travel to Calgary? You changed your mind?
Sorry, I just wasted 6 hours of my life driving to dumpster fire, Edmonton, only to find a not NEARLY as described item...... I may be a bit bitter now.

Which pin was it?

Edit: if you don't mind me asking.

3 months later
#2610 8 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

Hope you like looking at $12,000 of rainbow puke!
My condolences

Translation: What's the point of saying that?Translation: What's the point of saying that?

2 months later
#3158 8 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Do you think $2000 is to much for the Lethal Weapon 3 in Edmonton? I'm tempted to go tomorrow. Anyone seen it?

If it's from who I think, it may not be in good condition. Again, if it's who I think, he's a known flipper and I've seen some of his stuff first hand... some is ok, some is very not ok. They're never accurately represented by the pictures, he almost always uses what he calls "sample" or "stock" photos of the pins rather than actual.

Might be worth asking for some real pics of his pin first.

#3184 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

A big shout out to Nighthawk128, saved me 6 hours of driving and dealing with a liar.

Just a guess... was it the LW3 in Edmonton? Any shareable details on it?

1 week later
#3234 8 years ago

Anyone else in Edmonton getting really tired of that one person spamming kijiji with his two Blackjack pins? (http://www.kijiji.ca/b-edmonton/pinball/k0l1700203)

They get re-posted every day without a price, sometimes they write "Contact with offer". A previous version of the ad stated they were worth ~$1800 each... but never posts an asking price.

Sorry for the pointless post, just annoying is all - legit new posts get pushed down because this person needs to post 5 ads for the same pin everyday.

#3273 8 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Well buddy backed out of selling me a couple pins tomorrow.

I'm so fed up with this type of thing right now. It's happened to me twice recently, people bailing... just a huge waste of time.

1 week later
#3330 8 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Anyone looking for a good laugh? Check out kijiji Regina pinball. I won't ruin the surprise.

Looks like I missed it, what was it?

#3350 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

That was kind of a strange message... does anyone know this guy in RL, is he ok?

I thought the same thing... Could be that he's just quitting the hobby, hard to say based on just that message.

#3355 8 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

I was emailing with him last night, and chatting about pins......WTF????? Hope everything is ok.

Let people here know if you get in touch again.

Quoted from EvanDickson:

Yeah, it just seemed... abrupt. Usually if people take time off, they leave a thread to say they are taking a break to save $, have more time, etc.

That's what I thought too. Hopefully he's just taking a break and we're all just reading into this too much.

3 weeks later
#3486 8 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

If anyone is interested in the $12500 sttng on kijiji edmonton please contact me. I have some magic beans and a map to the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow available

Of course, the ad description makes me want it even more: "ORIGINAL, UN-MOLESTED(NO STUPID KIDDIE "MODS" OR LED'S)...."

That's quite the choice of words...

#3504 8 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

I was second in line

Yeah, so was I apparently. He told me I was the second call.

Edit: Seller told me to come by a 2pm today, I would have first look. I called to confirm and it was sold.

A little bitter about it all, but I guess that's how it rolls sometimes.

#3506 8 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Congrats on the BF whoever got it.

Yeah, I just heard back from my reply - it went to the first person who replied, lucky devil. Congrats.

2 weeks later
#3645 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Your game, you price it. Dont like it, move on and stop bitching, its pathetic.

This too, wasn't clear enough.

IMHO, this should be written in stone somewhere.

#3743 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSam:

I still don't think this is the correct forum to advertise a business. I prefer to read posts from fellow hobbyists.

And if this thread was called "Sellers who Sam wants to hear from" that might actually matter.

But this thread is called "ANYBODY in Canada have any pins...", so it's completely reasonable for a business who sells pins to post in this thread. Especially since it was a simple, straight to the point post.

#3748 8 years ago
Quoted from freezie:

MAN , and to think i used to get excited when i saw there were new posts in this thread . Thinking there were new pins up for grabs ..wtf ..

Tell me about it. This used to be my go-to thread, used to get so pumped to see new posts. Now I see new posts and think "Oh boy, I wonder who is mad at what price, or at which seller today..." WTF, indeed.

Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Still have it.......NIB BK.

That's sweet...!

1 week later
#3853 8 years ago

I was wondering what the point of putting up 5 ads was, all marked as sold within 3 hours. That makes sense.

I mean, its stupid. But it makes sense as to why they'd try it...

2 weeks later
#3886 8 years ago

Did anyone see these 'deals'?

http://m.kijiji.ca/video-games-consoles-other/calgary/arcade-and-pinball-machines-all-games-are-rare-and-worth-big/v?adId=1128881777&ck=CK&from=Search&ts=1451373768551

My favorite line from this ad:
I'm asking $2500 firm but probably won't take less then $2750.

#3888 8 years ago

Ahh, I just reread it and I can't believe I didn't realize it was a joke.

Actually, I think most of those lines were taken from existing ads in the past? I guess it's sad that can pass for what people expect to see in Kijiji ads these days.

It was just ridiculous enough, that one could believe it might actually be real. Well done.

8 months later
#5128 7 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

does anyone have a Candy Cab for sale

Why? Not trying to poke fun, I've seen interest in these before, and I'm genuinely curious what are the appeal of these?

2 weeks later
#5178 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

What's wrong with shipping to Quebec?

Its an Alberta thing. Goes way back to equalization payments, and now QC is resistant to pipelines from Alberta.

I personally don't harbour any resentment, but some in Alberta don't have many kind feelings in their hearts.

EDIT: Let's not get political here though, I come to this thread to escape reality and dare to dream about all the pins I could buy if I had unlimited space...

6 months later
#6501 7 years ago

was just being goofy.

4 weeks later
#6758 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I can't blame people for asking what they are

Exactly, while it's all fine and good that some people claim the prices are unreasonable - if someone is willing to pay $1000 more for one of my pins, I wouldn't sell it for less because others think it might be too high.

If the prices are in fact too high, they won't sell, and they'll come down.

3 months later
#7336 6 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Anyone have experience dealing with http://videogamerepairs.ca/contact/ in Edmonton?

I can't speak to their work on pins, but they have never let me down with repairs in regard to consoles. They always seem to have a few arcades there in queue to be serviced.

1 year later
#9506 5 years ago

I bought my first arcade game from Ray. It was advertised as fully working but of course didn't.

I was far too new to the hobby to know what to look for, by the time I realized and asked for an exchange / trade, of course he couldn't accommodate me.

#9514 5 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

hey it's the return of the coolest avatar on this thread. How's it going man? Long time for sure...

Life is busy!! Been awhile since I've been active in the hobby... I'll get back someday.
I still lurk here, as you can see.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robbiedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=robbiedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.