(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,779 posts
  • 703 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by jurulz
  • Topic is favorited by 432 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rjw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1213 9 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Lets keep in mind that this is not the US and SB is the only supplier. SB does very little negotiating, even for repeat buyers.

I found that they would budge quite a bit off of msrp when I bought my first NIB from SB and even more on the second.

#1226 9 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

Shocked this wasn't answered.

I've bought more than one NIB pin, so I'm a repeat customer, therefore I have some first hand
experience of what I'm talking about. I can tell you my second NIB was cheaper than the first
even though MSRP had gone up since the first purchase.

How many NIB pins have you bought?

Are you a repeat customer?

You must be since you seem to be so sure that there is no wiggle room in the price.

Otherwise I'm not sure why you would comment?

This is how rumours and incorrect information is spread.

#1227 9 years ago

I also believe that the title and the timing has a lot to do with the price.

I bought a first run Spiderman right after the software finally got completed.
Before the software was completed it wasn't a highly regarded game and my
particular game had sat at SB for a long time so I'm sure they were more flexible
on the price. Once the software was solidified the game became more popular
and the price went up and they ran it several times afterwards.

Same timing when I bought Tron, it wasn't exactly loved upon release.

Any way, just my 2 cents……. I mean nickel.

5 years later
#13477 3 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

A 'meh' System 11 posted by a seller who had just joined Kijiji for $9K with only one photo and it sold in one day . . .
Yeah, that's what happened.

Watch it pop back up for $7K with the ad stating, last one sold for $9K.

#13479 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

$2k cheaper? That's an absolute steal!

Remember, at that price it won't last long, so be quick to act if you want to beat me to that deal.

1 year later
#18355 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I believe they did something like this with Tron a while back.

There was no Tron Premium. Only LE and Pro.

1 month later
#18735 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ok, your right. I should sell the game at a loss to be fair to others. $1,600 or best offer. PM if interested.

Really? That's what you took from his post?

#18781 2 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Pinball is different to me, since I enjoy learning and playing more than I do collecting them. TBH, I find them a collecting liability due to the size.
Much more fun at lower overall valuations, less stress on buying and selling for those who basically want to trade titles and use cash to do so. Also less exploitation by people just trying to make a quick buck.

This 1000x over.

The fact that the games have skyrocketed in value fairly recently has done nothing but attract people that are more
interested in "making a profit", instead of actually playing and enjoying the games.

It's almost mind blowing to them that others would be happy if the values were stable or went down slightly over time.

The fact that they can't even wrap their head around that concept says it all.

It's a hobby, the value for me is in the enjoyment I get from playing the games, not speculating if I can make a few bucks off them.

It was once about getting together with buddies and enjoying the actual game. Now it's more about trying to squeeze every last
cent out of each sale, landing the one whale who doesn't care that they're being gouged (because they're loaded) and then brag online
about how much you made off the sale.

2 months later
#19511 2 years ago

I guess for $7000 it's too much to expect new flipper rubbers on a 'recently cleaned" game.

Took the time to take off the flipper rubbers and rotate them so the dirt and wear is on the back of the flipper, front and center in the one picture.

Damm, at least give them a wipe and turn them inside out.

3 weeks later
#19655 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

No US cities have a population more than Canada. All of California does though. And can we please keep political discussions out of this thread? Good luck on your move to the US.

Good way to identify someone who has zero idea about communism, they make comments like the previous poster.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rjw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-canada-have-any-pins-they-want-to-sell?tu=rjw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.