(Topic ID: 76928)

Anybody in Canada have any pins they want to sell?

By Spencer

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12,516 posts
  • 504 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 minutes ago by mac2444
  • Topic is favorited by 299 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,237 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DumbnDumber (resized).jpg
111111 (resized).jpg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (resized).jpeg
August_25__2016_at_0755PM (1) (resized).jpeg
L1000528 (resized).JPG
L1000531 edit (resized).jpg
L1000537 edit (resized).jpg
L1000539 edit (resized).jpg
L1000540 (resized).JPG
L1000542 (resized).JPG
L1000543 (resized).JPG
L1000544 edit (resized).jpg
L1000548 (resized).JPG
L1000549 (resized).JPG
L1000545 (resized).JPG
L1000526 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pkrobin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5379 3 years ago

I told him my Bro in law could be there at 6. Never heard back. Tool.

#5406 3 years ago

Just ship the pin to me and interac transfer me the money. Once I have both I will forward as appropriate.

#5413 3 years ago

I think he's already in Medicine Hat. Seems the issue here is neither of these posters has mentioned what City the pin is actually in.

#5416 3 years ago

I'm interested in this subject also for future use.

Wondering if maybe a mailed check for deposit because this gets you a physical address and a real name as a starting point.

Then maybe a shipper willing to call when it's on the truck and confirm the title so you can etransfer the balance.

Still not perfect and finding a shipper that will work with you in this way might be a challenge but if you could you'd reduce your risk of not receiving anything at all.

#5418 3 years ago

Yes but you are a pro.

I bought a machine from Detroit once. Glad it worked out. I did pay by check. It shipped standing up on legs, backbox up! Shrink wrapped and tied down.

I bet most of the time they are picked up from a private home by a shipper they aren't boxed. Just legs off, backbox folded down and then shrink-wrapped and secured. Unless it's new or particularly valuable of course.

1 week later
#5457 3 years ago

Try uship, let us know how it goes. I've got quotes through them a couple times but ended up going a different route.

#5469 3 years ago

Maybe.

1 month later
#5762 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Yeah, honestly, gotta say I'm getting pretty sick of reading all the price policing posts in here.

I agree. Bitching there aren't enough games available then bitching about the price makes no sense to me.

I have a machine I'd sell but I also don't care if I sell it. The price i'd accept might seem high to some but to the one person looking for it, it might seem like a great find.

Either way not worth the bitching to list it so I'll wait until I feel more motivated or I'll list it as "trade only" as many do.

1 month later
#6002 2 years ago

A little more green; for a little more green.

1 week later
#6116 2 years ago

Wouldn't mind picking up a game today in Calgary (Yes, I know Join the Club). Maybe something you have needs work and you've been thinking about letting it go but don't have time to fix it up. Prefer DMD Games but never know.

#6119 2 years ago

Come on Shawn, sell Boat your Simpsons and go break one of your others for me.

#6121 2 years ago

Na, probably nailed, easy job.

#6125 2 years ago

Ya, I didn't expect that carbon tax to solve global warming quite so fast...

1 week later
#6210 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Does anybody have any pins they want to sell? I'm not looking for anything over $6500. I'd rather not ship a machine but I'm likely willing to drive up to 8 hours from Regina if the price is right. Pm me.
If I'm able to find something, I'll be looking to sell my DH. So trade offers are also welcome.
Thanks.

I've got a sweet playing Jurassic Park that I like and I'm not really looking to get rid of but if that DH is nice I'd consider it.

#6265 2 years ago

There is something to be said for being able to see the game in advance. Not to mention all the scammers out there. If its a rare game you really want then you get it where you need to get it. If its some Metallica or whatever, there's enough in town (or reasonable travel distance); just might need to wait a bit. Or pay $8995 Lol.

3 weeks later
#6453 2 years ago

All of these scams work pretty much the same way. They figure out a way to bounce a paypal payment. Make a deal with you and get what they want from you before you know you never had the money in the first place. Another popular move is "accidentally" pay you in $US which you gladly refund the difference. Problem is your payment goes through, theirs bounces. They never come for the machine because they aren't in the country to begin with. Nothing new under the sun. Paypal, wire transfer, checks, these things evolve with the tech but its the same old scam.

#6509 2 years ago

I guess I'd look at trade ideas for my Jurassic Park +/- cash. Maybe outright sale but I'm into it kind of high. Plays sweet. Thouroughly cleaned and Led'd, new rubbers, etc. Cabinet pretty good not any noticeable fade. Wouldn't mind a GOT Pro but would consider others. No hurry, don't mind keeping.

Edit. Cliffy's installed.

#6531 2 years ago

I'm holding out for a Whitewater from Niagara

#6562 2 years ago

The subway on JP is the perfect place to practice your flame polishing technique

#6567 2 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Good idea, cant really screw that up too bad

My ramp cleaned up well https://flic.kr/p/U1ZoQR

As for plastics. Got blue slings from the guy in Germany. Fast shipping all thing considered.

#6569 2 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Wow, That's Amazing, looks new! What was the before like?? Is that from Flame Polishing?</blockquote

Pretty dirty before, ball tracks, etc. Never properly cleaned i'd say. Deep cleaning. Novus 2, flame polish.

1 week later
#6653 2 years ago

What part of town? I was confused by the Lloydminster tag didn't read carefully.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks for the offer. Just going to hire a mover but thought I'd ask here first. Look forward to meeting and playing a few games this weekend

1 week later
#6722 2 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

These days with electronics, jewellery, other valuables and the pins, a million is easy to hit.

Not me man, i promised the wife i'd keep the faberge egg and pin collection under 500k.

#6746 2 years ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

I'm passed that point. Got it in an auction and a friend has picked it up for me. Now I gotta go get it.

You were selling some games on here last week. I don't know if they sold but maybe the move is to try and sell them somewhere enroute like Calgary, including delivery, to offset your gas costs.

#6778 2 years ago

Pauz21. Why not post your requirements on uship.com, see what you get? Could be nothing, could get lucky. There's room for you to describe all your must haves.

#6785 2 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

I tried that for his Frontier which I want to buy...was quoted 580 bucks from sask to ottawa....
may as well buy a seat on a plane for the damn thing!

ya, i got a couple different things quoted there. One was pretty reasonable/cheap and the other was high. Just depends on who is going where and when... Good luck and timing.

#6797 2 years ago

Ya no commitment. I walked away from both my listings.

#6799 2 years ago

Na, the flakey guys contact you outside of the uship system so pretty easy to weed them out. If you are lucky you get a reliable/verifiable carrier that simply has room on the truck. If all you get are flakes... Walk away. No loss.

I had both in my experience but one time the bids were higher than calling D&R. The other one, the bids were lower than expected but the game seller was hopeless so we couldn't complete the deal.

#6824 2 years ago

Ad is pretty sketch man. Says WANTED in it for some reason. Says don't bother calling, use email but doesn't give an email address. Plus i feel like I've seen the identical ad before.

#6831 2 years ago

NIb with much nicer art is going to be about $7500 list apparently.

1 month later
#6963 2 years ago
Quoted from puck:

http://www.usedregina.com/classified-ad/Attack-from-Mars-Pinball_29548649
? this legit ? my better judgement says no... Might be a good deal for someone in the area.

Zero chance.

1 week later
#7044 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Just a bump that my GOT Prem is still available!

That has the upper PF right?

#7047 2 years ago

GLWTS

#7078 2 years ago

I've got a nice Jurassic Park I'd consider trading for maybe a TAF, or a GOT Pro or consider other newer Sterns or even a B/W game depending on title +/- cash. PM for pics. I value it at $4500.

3 weeks later
#7213 2 years ago

Be sure to layover in Saskatoon, check that one out also. And bring a large suitcase.

1 week later
#7251 2 years ago

Just post what you need on uship and see what comes up.

2 weeks later
#7341 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Why is there so many pinsiders on the West Coast with things to sell/trade and almost nothing on east coast (Ontario is OK but Quebec is a no mans land!)
I should move

I would call it regional perspective. I see lots from On and qc try pinball republic

#7345 2 years ago

Also see french language ads on kijiji. Often pretty high end games. And maaca.org must have listings in quebec.

2 months later
#7760 2 years ago

Looks fake as f@ck

2 weeks later
#7823 2 years ago
Quoted from Geddy2112:

Hello I have a nice non faded Indianapolis 500 looking to get a$$ 3200 firm willing to bring it over to for Fort Erie to meet somebody that's in US Dollars none of that plastic money lol .... thank you John

Just put it through the dryer like 1000 times and it will feel similar to your money but more colorful.

#7835 2 years ago

I'd sort of like a Premium if I can find some room.

2 months later
#8017 1 year ago

Maybe but also in Ontario the landed price is higher due to tax so may not be prudent for an Albertan to shop there if other options exist.

3 months later
#8537 1 year ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

Anyone have any experience with virtual pins? Picked one up. Quite enjoying it so far but looking to add some of the newer pins to it. Kind of a dumb ass when it comes to computers.

Check out vpforums and also theres an FB group you can learn a few things from.

#8541 1 year ago

If it's a newer game Nitro has some mods in Canada. They also have ColorDMD and such.

In the US Marcos has a cheaper/slower shipping option now. Starts around $6.95 i think.

#8545 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Anyone know their price?

Call them. IMO the main Advantage is the price in Canada is the price. If you order from the US there's no duty but could be brokerage fees, could be delays, etc. I bought a ColorDMD from Nitro. Whatever it worked out to was fine all things considered. Can't recall exactly.

2 months later
#8958 1 year ago

I've got a nice one in Calgary I could part with.

#8993 1 year ago

Seems to be lots of activity here lately so I'll try and get my Roadshow and possibly my T2 up in the next day or two. Or PM me.

#8996 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I think 5k for a roadshow is a reach. 6k for wlliams "C" titles is ludicrous. Whatever, spend your cash as you please.

Ya but Roadshow is a game you rarely see completely working and you can burn up crazy hours on it pretty easily.

#9009 1 year ago

Road show is Sold PPU. T2 will be listed soon.

#9013 1 year ago

T2 sold PPU. Thanks.

#9030 1 year ago
Quoted from Pauz21:

So strange post... I recently picked up a pinball machine and asked a "non-pinball" friend to come along for the journey and exploit him for his labour LOL. Well... it seems he was quite taken when given a chance to see some games in Rob's great collection. He's now thinking that "maybe I could get just one."
He's given me a budget which is reasonable I think. He's wanting a newer game to avoid the headaches of repairs on an older game. But is struggling with finding a theme that interests him. He is a star trek and star wars fan, more trek... but isn't sure he wants to totally fan boy his place out with a machine with those themes. I wouldn't totally rule it out.
Looking for anything Sask/Ab that would be a good option for someone in that $4-$6K range. Preferably a newer game but if it it's a well restored strong title in that late 90's early 2000's era I could probably twist his arm.
What's available out there?
I'd actually thought Sandeep's Junkyard might be a fun first pin for him too but alas that ship has sailed.

Good budget should be lots of options.

#9031 1 year ago

Weird double post. Ignore.

1 month later
#9271 1 year ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Just a heads up to everyone, don't waste your time dealing with Derek Breault, from Edmonton. It is very clear he has nothing better to do than waste your time.

I'm in process of selling him a game as we speak, no issues here so far, should be fine.

4 months later
#10487 10 months ago

Here's what I know, this comes up often.

Saskatoon to Calgary = 620km

Depot to depot shipping cost for a Stern Machine (300lbs over-estimated on the waybill) = $68 plus tax. That was in October. Took 1-2 days can't recall. Sooner than expected. Of course this requires an experienced seller that can wrap it properly and get it to the depot and so forth. I shipped him some tie straps and moving blankets via amazon prime, needed a couple more anyway.

#10507 10 months ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

and how has that beautiful game been! I miss it

Awesome. Play it almost every day still.

#10508 10 months ago
Quoted from Linkage:

Need a boring rare game for you collection?
Here it is, your once in a lifetime opportunity to own a rare piece of horrible pinball history.
This EM game sports a large mirror that allows the player to view the horizontal playfield located in lower cabinet. Several plastics produce a kind of "floating text" image on the glass. Reminds me of Sega Time traveller really, on a much less exciting scale,
Here's the kicker - two joysticks with a flipper button on top of each. It's called a shaker game because literally the game allows you to shake the playfield up and down. Why shake? Who knows. Given how we play pinball you would have thunk a nudging game would have made more sense.
The game has no plunger. Instead, the ball rolls along a launch track at the top of the playfield and is dropped into play by pressing either flipper button. The chain track actually runs from game start until end. As we fixed it up that issues was driving us nuts - until we realised how it's supposed to operate. Ugh.
She can be a little finicky on times, but is running well. Playfield is beautiful and pristine. Exterior of the cab is a little rough though. Had to modify two legs to hit the hole spacing for the bolts.
It's rare and it's awesome to try - a couple times. After... meh. Honestly it belongs in a huge collection or a museum.
$1500 CAD OBO and includes shipping to the nearest R&amp;L or Day &amp; Ross depo.
Ask if you have questions. TONS OF PICS available.

Not looking to buy but curious on the title?

2 months later
#11029 8 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

So I had a new to me scam today.
A guy responds to a ad I have posted on kijiji asking if still for sale. I reply yes. He then asks for my email for his wife who doesn't know how to respond to online ads and that she is suffering from ALS. Immediately I thought scam but played along and sent a address to reply to. Not 2 minutes later I get a message from a woman saying she's happy with the price, condition and that she would like to arrange pickup from a shipping company when her certified cashier cheque clears. Please send name, cell phone, etc.
Has anyone else experienced this? Usually it's the away on duty PayPal scam.

Read the yellow highlighted text.

https://user.xmission.com/~daina/classified/

4 weeks later
#11214 7 months ago

I have a nice HUO Aerosmith Pro I'd maybe trade for something interesting. No sale at this time.

#11222 7 months ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Anyone know where I can buy pin gulp cups that doesn't charge a bazillion dollars for shipping. Looking for 3.

https://pinballmedics.ca/product/pingulp-beverage-caddy-pro/

1 month later
#11473 5 months ago
Quoted from Damien:

Want to get some opinions here... I recently entered into discussion with a well known member here about a game. I sent him a $100 EMT, but after discovering there could be some potential/future issues with the game, I decided to back out. He is avoiding my texts about sending my money back.
What do you guys think I should do?
I have a family member that is in the police (fraud department) in his city, and I'm considering that approach.
I really don't care about the money. It's the principle at this point.
I don't rea

Since you asked, a deposit is a deposit and generally not refundable. Exception might be if you were mislead and when you went to get it, it wasn't as described.

So if it's about principle, I wouldn't expect a refund.

#11481 5 months ago

Real Estate is a separate matter, whether renting or buying; different rules apply regarding deposits.

The Consumer Protection Act covers this explicitly.

1 month later
#11779 4 months ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Oh my god I almost died laughing

No mirror blades in the pic so could be a total fake.

1 month later
#11998 87 days ago

I have an IMVE, mint with ColorDMD. Or an AS Pro I Still like both so no hurry but would trade one for a ST Pro, a TWD Pro or Premium, very nice Metallica or perhaps a Deadpool Pro. Not selling.

2 months later
#12384 24 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

But where Al? Where??

I bought a sheet from Al, it's so good I haven't seen it since.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 179.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
$ 4.99
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 10.00
Apparel - Unisex
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pkrobin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside